Chrono Community Giveaway 2 [CLOSED] Winners Notified, Check PMs

4 games :wink:

Glados rly stands out

6 Likes

Yeah it’s like 8am on a weekend here and I stayed up late last night, still tired, it’s 4, my bad

10 Likes

@Punkster : I really liked the Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller

I think that voice acting was a major part of the atmosphere. :male_detective:

6 Likes

It’s more like 8:30 and I ain’t even sleep yet

so messed up at the moment

7 Likes

If you edit your post, mate, then put that link on its own line, it will look better.

thanks for your submission.

EDIT: That’s the ticket.

5 Likes

^ This.

I can easily overlook bad voice acting in favor of good gameplay, but I have never bought a bad game, or a game I knew I wouldn’t enjoy, just because it had good voice acting.

With that said, I second anyone who chose Bastion. This is a perfect example of how the voice acting can make a good game great. The narrator is one of my all-time favorite voices in video games.

Not entering, but thanks again to all for another great giveaway! DMC is awesome, btw :+1:

9 Likes

I want to mention Portal 2, actually. I think the voice acting is extremely well done there. Both Stephen Merchant (Wheatley) and J.K. Simmons (Cave Johnson) is great! But I did not love that game only because of the voice acting :smile:

8 Likes

That would definitely be my case as well. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Solely for the voice acting, no. But I did quite enjoy the narration for Stanley Parable but it was really the humorous dialogue that did it for me rather than the voice acting itself.

I’d like to enter for Rivals of Aether please! Thank you so much for hosting this awesome giveaway.

6 Likes

Nice giveaway

7 Likes

Super Mario Bros. for NES has the best Voice Acting. Absolutely blew me away.

DMC Devil May Cry, also, tanks.

6 Likes

Guess you don’t care too much annoy choice acting, huh?

4 Likes

I think i enjoyed Michael Mando’s “Vaas” more than i enjoyed the actual game
not to say i bought FC3 purely because of him/his character, i wouldn’t do that, but i think i wouldn’t have considered the game as much, without the Vaas hype, -and subsequently enjoyed the game a lot less when/where he wasn’t present anymore…

But Jennifer Hale really is the queen of voice acting -she’s in eeeeverything, and always does a nice job, think i might have had a Bastila crush in KOTOR because of her :blush:

8 Likes

Hello!

ok, so first i gotta say Day of Infamy has some funny american voiceovers.

it’s an indie game. it’s not bad, but very small community.

so then, yeah as usual Portal 2, L4D2, most of valve games.

ok, i got a winner!

Calvino Noir

this is a video of the first chapter. it definitely fits this title, its not a really nice gameplay for me, didn’t finish it but the voiceover is really really good.
and this game is super cheap!!
during sale, this game goes to 0.69$usd ! i was so surprised how well this game sounded for such a cheap price.

as you watch the video, around 4 minute+ will meet an european woman. so the narrator, main character and all other side characters sound really good here with a mixture of accents. all the voices are great here, clear and crisp.
this was a game i liked solely for the voice acting. it is better than many of ther other games out there.

favourite voice actor: i would say Johny cruz for Lucio in overwatch. man look at him, he’s such a chill cool guy. someone fun to hangout with. funny person, great guy overall.
i also like Earl Alexander for voicing Louis in left 4 dead 2. his funny screaming lines.

bonus:

funny voiceover

((ohh i’d like to be in for DMC. been wanting that for awhile hah. hope i win it!! :smiley: ))

8 Likes

I am not going to enter but i do want to say the voice acting and just overall sound design in Hellblade were amazing.

5 Likes

Like many others, I liked the voice acting in The Stanley Parable and Getting Over It
Good voice + Good acting + Good script = Killer performance

I liked the character and personality in TF2 as well. Especially Spy, Engineer and Medic.

I’d like to enter Rivals of Aether, DmC and Day of the Tentacle

:hamburger:

6 Likes

Nope lol I couldn’t play a game solely for that, if the other aspects aren’t fun. Both Metro parts, especially Last Light, had good voice acting imho. It helped a lot with perfecting the already great atmosphere :heart_eyes:

Btw I already have DMC so I’d like to only enter for the other games :slight_smile:

Yes my gawd, Bastion I had already forgotten! That was one interesting narrator, added lots to the game, that was honestly about half the experience :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

hey! I have all these games!

except… gasp DAY OF THE TENTACLE??

I LOVED MANIAC MANSION :open_mouth:

(if it wasn’t clear I’m entering for that :wink: )

so… a game I loved the voice acting in and loved it solely for that? hue hue hue

check this sexy bastard out then :wink:

(Raw audio)[Gideon Emery as Balthier in Final Fantasy XII (Quotes) - YouTube]

Gideon Emery voiced this guy and I’ve never seen him do any other game, he’s been in the star wars clone wars tv series since it started and this guys voice for this role is just… MMPH

I love it, just listen to his gravelly sexiness and you won’t disagree.

4 Likes

But, But, Maniac Mansion is not being gifted. Ow, my head. JK

5 Likes

@Punkster kay so maybe everyone doesn’t know that maniac mansion is the prequel to this xD

I’ve never played maniac mansion by the way, but I saw everybody play it! and DESTROY THE HAMSTER

also THAT BADGE! HOW?! I WANT.

5 Likes