Board game night

:rofl: :joy:
you drawings always lights up a chrono post whenever it appears, much appreciated @Inferry :hugs:
b e a u t i f u l :ok_hand:

10 Likes

Ditto!!!

7 Likes

Thanks :bowing_man: , they just happen dude, but I would be lying if I say it doesn’t light me up to know that people like them, besides, it’s been quite some time since I posted one so I guess it was about time?

@coralinecastell glad it served of something :smile:.

8 Likes

So I could potentially trade for Gremlins Inc right now, but I’m on the fence because I’d get it only for this. Is it worth it for a few sessions or is this one of these “get good after 100 hours” type of things that require dedication?

5 Likes

IT IS AMAZING.

caham I mean. Super good, yeah. Nope, I’m not biased.

Honest review

Gremlins Inc can be frustrating the first couple of times you play against real people. There are three main reasons for that:

1. there are too many mechanics that take several hours of gameplay to see and, then, understand;

2. there’s just too much to read and

3. the RNG can make or break your plans in just a couple of rounds.

I oftentimes find that the best approach to the game is to remember what role you are playing and make use of its perks, always have a back-up plan, don’t get a huge head-start or people will hate you, try to raise your income as soon and as frequently as possible, invest in active cards and, when targeting players, unless it’s end-game, don’t necessarily target players who have the most points (cogs). Instead, pay attention to the players who have the most money, income, active cards or are close to a place of interest in the board, where they may use a card at.

For example: oftentimes, a player has 25 cogs out of 30 to win, I target them and then a player who had 22 cogs and loads of cash uses an expensive card to get to 30 cogs and wins.

In short: points (cogs) mean just as much as all the other resources in the game, so ensure that you’re paying at least some attention to all of them and you should mostly be fine in the long run.

I’m really slow with these kinds of games and I can honestly say I got the ropes after around 3 full games with friends – in total, should take around 4 hours, depending on game mode. Now, at roughly 15 in-game hours, I’m starting to develop some advanced strategies and I’m getting better at predicting my opponent’s movements and getting out of sticky situations. :blush:

Trust me when I say that if it required anything more than 10 hours to be even ‘basic’ at it, I would have given up a long time ago.

8 Likes

I have a feeling once we get around to play together again you’re going to absolutely crush the rest of us, oh well time to abandon Gremlins inc! : )

7 Likes

If we play in teams, hopefully one of you will make it out alive. :smiling_imp:

btw if you wanna play some time soon pm on steam, imma take my dog for a walk but I would be up for one round

7 Likes

Still doesn’t sound like I can just jump in, though, which I was hoping for. I mean on your screenshots it looked like an actual board game which got me excited, but that’s a little more complex than I thought?

7 Likes

No it is an actual board game, doesn’t mean it isn’t complex though. Sure you can just jump right in, that’s what everyone else did. You’re obviously going to be at a disadvantage against the Gremlin Queen herself having spent 18h in the game over the past 2 weeks, we all are.

I don’t really know what you thought of it’s complexities though so that’s a hard question to answer.

8 Likes

You CAN just jump in. As I said, it’s what I did as well. It just take one or two games to understand what’s going on, but that’s the same with every game as far as I’m concerned :thinking:

:joy: I ain’t that good. My strategies are as weak as my imp minions.

6 Likes

:wave: hi, noob here;
you can totally just jump in, (even with the Devil Queen), and have a good time and get a fair grasp of the game as you just go along and wing it :+1: (but maybe not expect to win unless you’re like the 2nd cousin of Lady Luck) :smile:

sad i missed out on the other games guys :confused:

7 Likes

Okay, okay, since trading is a pain in the ass anyway I’ll just get it so I can get rid of my games. :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

ONE OF US! ONE OF US!

:smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

6 Likes

Yeah, but first I wanna haggle a little. Maybe I’ll ruin it in the end. :smiley:

4 Likes

It’s been the best game out of the ones I’ve played so far, the concept is quite simple, main thing is to get gears, they’re used for making top hats look steampunky.

also if we’re gonna play games EUROPEONS in the mornings more people than just fraggles have to be up :wink: I messaged this morning with NIL RESPONSO I cri :’(

7 Likes

is today’s deal worth it? or those are not games yall plan to play?

3 Likes

Not my type of thing, but I wont stop anyone who wants to play it. The jack box party games are pretty much that, party games, its about being funny and silly. I don’t do funny and silly very well.

7 Likes

Oh, if I would spend money on games I‘d get them right away. Headset and a little booze and you‘ve got yourself a great evening!

4 Likes

Downloading Gremlins Inc right now. I expect a formal invitation to the next gathering! :face_with_monocle:

8 Likes

download

good enough? :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes