Board game night

That shop is awesome! Gratz on the good buys. Before my bestie and Chrono family, only board I really knew was snakes and ladders, lol.

Physically, we have Forbidden Island and Splendor.

Digitally, I have 100% Orange Juice, Love Letter, Ticket to Ride and Mysterium. Don’t own Tabletop Simulator, but it does look like it’d be really good to have. It’s usually on sale for $20 in my currency and really, I’d rather stash that and get Devil May Cry 4 or 5 at some point.

Really happy with all I own for board game night. :slight_smile: Only one never played is Mysterium.

PS: Anyone know of a good multiplayer Chess game I can bookmark? I’d enjoy learning to play properly if I had a willing and patient soul to play it with me. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I don’t right now but when you do get one HMU I friggin’ love chess, no matter how bad I am at it.

edit: it seems theres a few online chess things but none of them look secure, other than that there is a lot on mobile phones?

3 Likes

Ding ding! Me too - never great at it, but do love it. :slight_smile: One of my silly dreams is one of those beautiful glass chess sets - sigh, so very pretty.

My phone is a hand-me-down sorta - an iPhone 4 with iOS7.1, so most of the time apps tell me - NOPE! You can’t install me, sorry.

Still it’d worthwhile to look into browser options. Maybe I can dig up a reputable one. For sure, it’s worth a try. =^_^=

2 Likes

if you get one send me a message on steam :smiley:

matches never take long so if I’m online I should be able to play.

shoudn’t really have been a problem though I thought, I had an iphone5 recently (also a hand me down) and that played dragon ball legends for 3 months.

2 Likes

There’s countless sites for playing chess online, ranging in levels of seriousness, running in browser or using their own clients.

just the top 3 results searching DDG for “chess online”

I used to think I enjoyed chess for a while, back when I just messed around playing against my sister and complete novice friends. Then I played against someone who actually played seriously, studied the game and knew a bunch of stuff and I realized how big a difference there was there. Also realized I would never be arsed to put in the dedication to even start getting better and figured I’ll just stick to video games. : )

5 Likes

Nope! Nah way. Just for fun - remembering a million and one openings is likely not for me.

I’ve been to the 1st link already - it’s where I was re-learning the rules etc. Kyle had said he didn’t know about sites being “secure”. Not sure what he meant.

1 Like

I have this game…hard copy somewhere…I think :thinking:

Or it could be this one…

I know I have both…But in different formats.

I do have one on my PC that i can send you…It’s old too. I am not sure it will play on Win10; it does play on Win7. But it does have different pieces/boards plus you can play 2 people/ or Network/Lan or the AI. But I can’t find the rules…Which is strange.

3 Likes

pretty sure I’ve seen those played by game grumps! the bottom one is the ones with the silly battle animations I think, I’d enjoy them if so haha

2 Likes

@Danacscott It’s not free but I’ve had this one wishlisted for a while

it’s probably the prettiest chess game I’ve ever seen, but some of the features are a little barebones. I’d still like it though.

3 Likes

How good is Tabletop Sim’s chess?

I’ll be honest when you said chess my first thought was:

4 Likes

Cool. Thanks! It’d be worth a try. Perhaps that compatibility mode option will help?

Chess and giggling. Fun times. :stuck_out_tongue:

No kidding! The different styles of pieces and environments is such an awesome idea too. Baby steps though - want to learn play properly again, lol. The game is pretty new, so no sale there for a while.

Dunno. Even if there is a demo, it may not include all the features. Good question.

Also, I remember that graphic! Gee, haven’t seen that in a while. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Did find some apps that my pauvre iPhone can run. Got to try them out on the morrow. Tonight I did some more crafty stuff and then practiced 100% Orange Juice and Love Letter a bit. :slight_smile:

1 Like

A good free (and kind of ridiculous) chess app on iPhones (maybe android, I’m not sure) is called Really Bad Chess. It’s fun to mess around with.

2 Likes

Tabletop Sim’s Chess has an upside and a downside.

The upside is that as a physics sandbox, you can heavily modify the setting, introduce timers or other quality of life changes that you want.

On the other hand, as a physics sandbox the rules are only what you implement/can police yourself, the game doesn’t stop you from just moving pieces out of turn or making illegal moves, though the rewind feature can help to fix these things.

3 Likes

The lichess app is pretty nice if you have an Android.

1 Like

You tell me. Check your PMs. :hugs:

They both have animation. Here’s another one with animation.

If you want the one I sent, @Danacscott, let me know…it’s called Grand Master Chess 25.

Edit: I left out the other one i found with animation…

4 Likes

Then that’s likely better for people who know the game pretty well and won’t do silly things. :slight_smile:

Found it. Multiple bishops and stuff? Man it must be hilariously to play. Might actually try it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Will do. :heart:

4 Likes

That is very true, I use tabletop simulator for roleplaying games and find the exact same rules apply.

It is a very user friendly tool though.

2 Likes

When you want to play Gremlins with your Chronies but everybody just has Ticket to Ride in their mind

thanks for the games though, was fun :slight_smile:

9 Likes

i, was, so, close… :weary:
awesome explosive win you made tho :+1:

5 Likes