Board game night

Thanks for the games @Fraggles and @Gnuffi. Glad i could join in for the first time. Those pesky time zones are a nuisance sometimes.

7 Likes

Thanks guys! It was really fun! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh god, here goes. I think I’ve stalked this thread long enough. Probably rarely gonna have the game or time but wanna at least throw my hat in. Suggestions for games to look out for?

2 Likes

Fun ones!!

In all seriousness, I recommend ‘Tabletop simulator’ since it is really open ended and well supported, both with DLC and really devoted workshop content.

People here play a lot of 100% Orange Juice, Ticket to Ride… and Gremlins Inc.

2 Likes

Tabletop Sim has always looked incredibly fun, and 100% Orange Juice is currently being considered depending on how many still feel like playing it.

3 Likes

You could look at the top post of this thread.

Tabletop sim is great, but it’s kind of a lot of effort to set up and work with. Thus far I’ve not managed to get anyone to play anything in it. But it’s the one title with the most potential in it.

100% OJ is ridiculous but a good bit of fun every once in a while and we’ll pick it up again from time to time. It’s also very cheap at the moment:
https://206.81.1.216/t/fruitbat-factory-bundle-at-fanatical/15044

4 Likes

That bundle is also what i’m eyeing, might as well then.

2 Likes

I kinda recommend getting 100% Oj
It’s fun, easy to get a game, and currently also probably the cheapest way to get some mp chronie/board game group action in interested in that stuff,
-and that’s ofc not even counting in “random” games or playing against ai etc etc
lot of silly possibilities for a buck, so a worthy choice and very well worth consideration :+1:

(only downside is adding the "animu"tag to your library will/can make steam start recommending you some strange games) :smile:

4 Likes

Don’t worry, my discovery queue is already occupied with puzzle hentai “games” :blush:

6 Likes

I can’t say I don’t know what are you talking about :grimacing:

2 Likes

I miss cursing at you guys with the excuse of being angry at board games.

Let’s play again sometime. :hugs:

also @Vandem and I played 1 round of ranked Gremlins today and I won despite being 40 days without practice. #feelsgoodman

5 Likes

-i’ve got some time tomorrow, Sunday the 20th (CET), anyone fancy something?

3 Likes

Sunday 20th or Saturday the 19th?

3 Likes

woops, sunday 20th lol :flushed:
hahah my bad, reading dates in a calendar is super hardz :smile:

5 Likes

Cool. I might be able to fit something in but we’ll see. My time zone is pretty different to that right now so it might be hard to align.

1 Like

Hello everyone, it’s been a while.
For a variety of reasons my efforts to continue this had gone on hiatus but I’m recently starting to miss hanging out and play these wonderful games with you all. Thanks to @gnuffi though for pulling a group or two together for us in between.

When we last made an effort here I was trying to push everyone into trying out Ticket to Ride. So it is with some delight that I’ve heard this title whispered on this very forum recently. I would like to issue a broadside of invitations at everyone to once again step up and make your desires to rejoin the spring season of boardgaming that starts… eh, whenever really. Thursday night sounds good to anyone, this weekend maybe?

If this post looks interesting to anyone new here please do read the first post and if you don’t fancy reading the whole thread you can search for the posts made by me as I have been posting roundups of any gathered information that might be of interest, though most of it probably obsolete by now.

7 Likes

I can probably make myself available this weekend for a game or two.

6 Likes

Like Saturday or Sunday for me. My Fridays are variable at best.

I’ve got Ticket to Ride (played) and Mysterium (never played, no DLCs), both on Steam.

6 Likes

I’ll be around this weekend, unless some gets sick(:crossed_fingers:) or i get poked about a sudden CoH engagement, i think i should pretty much be available “whenever”
and ofc, Ticket to Ride always sounds good to me if that’s what people land on :+1:
i’d probably also see if i can’t manage to get a round of Armello in if @Evranu/@kylehayman361/people are around for that sometime this weekend too :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I am good for Saturday or Sunday AM, which would mean early afternoon into the evening for you folks over in Europe. I will just look at the group chat when I get online of course. :slight_smile:

1 Like