Best videogame trailers

This is great! I cracked up so much through this!

3 Likes

Reminded me of this little gem:

Not sure if I’d call it “good”, but…

Also, when speakin of japanese videogame commercials, one must never forget the classics:

5 Likes

Also, speakin of TV commercials, here’s a small hidden gem I first saw on a 90s magazine demo CD:

4 Likes

I love silly japanese commercials and game shows, a friend of mine always send me a compilation of the commercials for the year, top kek

Yes, there’s actually a game about Pepsi Man

7 Likes

dunkster summed it up pretty great in his special about the subtle difference in Japan and USA game marketing
“Pepperidge farm vs Godzilla”

6 Likes

Does a non-game ad still count in this thread, if they made a game based on the ads afterwards?

Now that I think of it, there were quite a few of those. Cool Spot, Domino’s Pizza Noid, that one Cheetah thing…

3 Likes

This thread took a very dark turn.

6 Likes

Japan is centuries ahead of the rest of the world in terms of having fun.

Trailers and commercials are basically the same, no? But one is made for the TV to annoy people. The game wouldn’t exist without those commercials.

3 Likes

wonder what it will be like when they are millennia ahead of us… :joy:

6 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I felt some of that

3 Likes

This is the best game trailer I’ve seen in a very, very long time. Not because it’s an amazing work of art in and of itself, but rather because it tells you everything you need to know about the game without trying to dazzle you with even a single ounce of bullshit.

6 Likes

If this keeps going, there may not be too many of them left…

5 Likes

I like this trailer the Subnatica devs made

7 Likes

lol, just noticed on steam, “launch” trailer
i’m guessing the game finally left early access, -after 300 years, or something? :smile:

pretty neat trailer for a little indie,
(sure beats the “best of greenlight” trailers hands down :joy:)
-wonder what that surprise end of the trailer means in game… :thinking:

edit. fck it, i just added a survival game to my wishlist, :man_facepalming: -don’t tell anyone, wouldn’t want people to think this might become a thing for me, or a genre i like

6 Likes

Though from what I’m hearing they didn’t even manage to “finish” the game anyway. Still plagued by performance issues and a good deal of broken stuff, probably going to need another 6 months in the oven, at least.

2 Likes

I don’t know about any performance issues, game runs great for me, and I’ve only encountered 1 bug in 16 h so far, though it was a game-breaking one (luckily found a solution by using in-game console or would have had to start over otherwise).

3 Likes

inb4 @Gnuffi starring in a survival show on television. :smirk:

3 Likes

I think it’s the best survival I’ve played, so far (I’ve yet to finish the game). There’s a lingering mystery and an interesting plot behind all that gathering and surviving. It’s an adventure game, well worth the price.

4 Likes

I’m looking forward to playing Subnautica at some point later on. It’s recommending a CPU one generation newer than what I’ve got, which is the first time I’ve seen that, so I guess it’s starting to be time for an upgrade. With what I’ve heard of the game’s performance I think it might be worth waiting.

4 Likes

That GIF sums it up perfectly :smiley:
It’s a spooky game…

1 Like