Best videogame trailers

Surely this is the best WoW trailer, even if BC was your favourite expansion.

9 Likes

nope, wotlk trailer feels dull compared, uninvolved and uninspiring, just a pretty set piece with distanced buildup
i prefer the vanilla trailer over wolk too, wotlk lacks character significance, imo. Just feels sorta like “ma dudes wake up, we gonna take a stroll in da hood -gang face on”(or something lol) -even MoP felt more engaging, albeit utterly ridonk :joy:
wolk was only exciting from prior engagement perspective, naxx or wc3. (i sat by a surprising number of people saying stuff like “i don’t get it?” because lack of lore/knowledge/interaction)

But, doesn’t change that it is ofc an absolutely beautiful trailer!, because if there is one thing blizz can do; it’s cut scenes and trailers… -oh, i’ve heard rumours they might make games too :joy:

3 Likes

Maybe that’s why I like it, because I never actually played WoW, only WC2 and WC3

3 Likes

yea, really fits perfect at setting a post Frozen Throne followup cinematic
(PS to any who hasn’t played/watched the Warcraft 3 +Frozen throne (human/arthas) cinematics, i highly recommend you do, and then finish it with the WoW Wrath of Lich king cinematic(s) to “complete” the experience)

2 Likes

In a vacuum, I have to say the BC trailer is definitely better. However by the time Wrath came out, the game already had an established player base. And with someone like the Lich King as the main villain of the expansion, any trailer other than one like this, with the whole focus on Arthas, would have fallen short in comparison. So for the WoW/ WC3 players that had not picked up WoW yet at the time, the trailer they did make for Wrath was better.

2 Likes

This is just too exciting!

4 Likes

Just too bad it’s gonna take like ten years for them to fully complete.

I distinctly remember the developers explaining that because the original game required 3 disks to play, this remake have to be 3 ENTIRELY separately bought and developed games for them to make.

Sounds completely absurd to me :rage:

4 Likes

Oh no! I did not know this!

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s true.

I also found a Kotaku article quickly going over the “news” and his personal speculation, with one of the producers saying his words on the matter.
https://kotaku.com/remember-the-final-fantasy-vii-remake-will-be-a-totall-1747540665

Hey! At least they are polishing up the games to a standard worth the legacy of FF7. Hopefully :fearful:

3 Likes

I guess so, that article is older too, more than 2 years past.

2 Likes

There haven’t been any big notable news, (at least not of what i could find) besides them bringing in other different teams helping them along the way like CyberConnect2, they have apparently made a whole bunch of Naruto games before this.

So who really knows at this point? :thinking:

2 Likes

At the end of the day, it’s just going to be wait a year, wait another year, wait 5 months, make that 5 years… :disappointed_relieved:

3 Likes

I won’t go looking for links lest I spend too much time watching videos, but I think they called it the “Icarus Rising” trailer for Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Also, maybe the first trailer/teaser for Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance.

1 Like

I’ve actually been collecting my favourites to a playlist for a few years, so I’ll propably have a few posts worth of these.

Let’s start with some love for pixel art.

Let’s start with some things simple. (Warning, contains breaf pixelated nudity.)

To PUMP you UP!

Vague voice overs are an easy way to make stuff sound cool.

And lastly, something different. A console ad from the early 90s.

5 Likes

Well, I said I’d have a few posts worth of these, so let’s deliver on that. Today’s theme is teasers.
For some reason there are a number of teaser trailers that ended up better than the other trailers for a given game.

6 Likes

Whatever you think of Blizzard, they always deliver on the cinematics.

4 Likes

:smirk:

6 Likes

Oh, and I need to leave this commercial that beats any trailers here.

5 Likes

#KeepJapanWeird

5 Likes

was actually watching a stream the other day where they were talking about metal gear trailers.

the guy in stream was looking for a MGS1 trailer, but could only find a funny one in japanese for 2, and when I looked for one, I got one from 2 but it was the American version >.>

and I got one for 3 in japanese, but not both of these things combined :confused: so here ya go

(this one is better I thought)

HOLY SHEET

I JUST FOUND THIS FOR PEACE WALKER

could have been this

7 Likes