APRIL FOOLS TREASURE HUNT!!! [JOKE'S OVER!!!]

I’m gonna guess one of those is a Rickroll.

3 Likes

Although I may not be good at this kind of stuff I am getting more and more interested in this treasure hunt. Good job @Scribesake for an awesome hunt.

3 Likes

I kind of gave up on this after i found the source of the photo, but I cant understand the steam shiz. Also the watch… Good luck dudes. Give me your winnings and i’ll give you a pickled onion :smiley:

3 Likes

I am such an idiot…
No, really, this is why you next testers.
It is perfectly fixed now, try your previous combinations on this please.
I’ll explain when this is all over.

USE THIS ONE PLEASE, THE PREVIOUS ONE WAS A MISTAKE.
I might extend it for a day because of this…

2 Likes

This is all over my pay grade! I’m going with @scar1 to get donuts and coffee :yum:

4 Likes

So…has anyone even gotten the answer(s) yet?

2 Likes

I figured it out, but only by cheating in a way. Good luck…

6 Likes

Still been banging my head against the wall. I’ve been at the final step for quite a long time but i’ve been sick this week so that’s not helping.

3 Likes

I kinda gave up when I was told I went way out into left field. Hearing Notepad++ may be required didn’t really help kick up any motivation (not exactly super excited to download a program I last used 5 years ago for programming). Looked like a bunch of work when I could possibly get There’s Poop in my Soup out of the deal.

2 Likes

Well done, this rather does seem like the kind of challenge where cheating is required though. Unless you mean Scribblesake plain told you the answer : )

I couldn’t even tell what might constitute a step in this myself, much less what might be the final one. Or first one for that matter.

2 Likes

Yeah i wouldn’t have figured it out at all unless i cheated. Scribblesake didn’t tell me the answer but i definitely did it in a way that was not intended. I understand now how most of the clues fit through knowing thw answer, but not all of them, and i would not have known i had found the answer if i had done it the right way.

4 Likes

lol, good luck fellow dewd

2 Likes

OKAY, IT IS 12:00 0’CLOCK, 00:00 MILITARY TIME IF YOU WANTED A BIG HINT, BUT GUESS WHAT, IT IS ALREADY OVER, AND ALSO GUESS WHAT!.. Even if you were to figure that out, You could not figure the second part until I fixed it today as my 4th remake, remake… remake? I realized my mistake mid-day using the bathroom when someone… cough@coralinecastell WAS SO CLOSE… but told me that they couldn’t find it and had to go to bed. I’ll make fault that It was an April fools giveaway and say they that they were all bad jokes…
I am actually really really sad… Oh so Very sad…
I’ll tell you how to get the answer. 00:00 Military time would be 12:00 A.M. Regular time. Now some of you may not have got this, but I also used a different emout when I originally made the treasure hunt… :clock6: So 12+6= 18… and? and I say onto you…

“The hourglass ticks up, then down, and then grows evergrowing around till you rebirth this cycle ending."

Evergrowing is the hint here since there is something hidden which @wasabiyoyo did show out. (Good job BTW @wasabiyoyo) The only thing you have to think about is if 9 is an hour or a minute. It is a minute, but if you gotten this far I’d assume you would try both.

Where is the youtube link? All I see are random keys? to that I say…

T
H
E

S
E
C
R
E
T

I
S

O
U
T

T
H
E
R
E

B
E

I
N
F
O
R
M
E
D

You don’t read left to right, you read it…

U
P

T
O

D
O
W
N

Oh and by the way, forgot to mention this, but I did leave I hint up saying “Hours gone past, leave lines unwrapped, odd grows the hour swimming with a snorkel not in the army.”

The Swimming part was to show the changing of different standards of time, but I digress… leave lines unwrapped… It was supposed to hint that you need to look at the what number of lines on where to begin when you got the answer… (18:09)

I still see- Okay, stop that. How many times have I nonchalantly mentioned the word ODD? IS IT NOT ODD?

1809 1811 1813 1815… Continued onward and you get your link… (wwwDOTyoutubeDOTcom/watch?v=(----------)&t=0s

@PeteMcc , do not ruin this for me by saying anything. Find it for yourselves. The giveaway is OVER!

Also… winner count:

Cheater: 1

Everyone Else: 0

This saddens my soul… @discobot quote

5 Likes

:left_speech_bubble: Let the beauty of what you love be what you do. — Rumi

2 Likes

I think I can say I had a few of the right ideas, whole heaping wagon-full of the wrong ones too though.

What about the book cipher thing from the first part though? What was that all about?

@PeteMcc which game did you get? If you don’t mind sharing.

2 Likes

and I quote…

"Else the last two hold this poem true (<-This was a lie I didn’t know till after the fact.), for the first is the worst and will make masters seppuku.”

1 Like

Man I was litterally on it and still somehow missed it. Ah well what can you do

2 Likes

I didn’t get one

1. I was never it it for the game, just the puzzle
  2. I cheated in a way so i don’t really deserve if i wanted it anyway (though I always say in my ARGs a solve is a solve no matter how you come by it)
4 Likes

@PeteMcc asked not to get one, oh well.

4 Likes

Sorry should have said that yeah, it wasn’t that @Scribesake wouldn’t give me one, I just don’t need another one.

5 Likes