Your thoughts Humble Bundle Monthly, now with more.... choice?

The only one i don’t already own but would want would be Niffelheim.

but there is a few good games there if someone didn’t already own them

5 Likes

I only want 198X and maybe FellSeal. Maaaaaybe also Death’s Gambit and also Etherborn looks nice. All the others are not my cup of tea, so I’m probably skipping this month.

It’s weird - last year it was all about the big titles for me, with Spyro topping the cake, and this year I’m semi-indifferent to biggies, but the smaller titles make me buy months I would 100% skip if I only saw the “main” bundle games.

8 Likes

turok 1 is a really good game

3 Likes

is it rly though? i mean in today’s standards? I can understand someone playing it out of nostalgia, but otherwise, why would one play this today?

6 Likes

I want to say I played it about three years ago, first-time playthrough.

First of all, say what you will but I find N64 graphics to be charming. They’re repetitive and blurry, but incredibly smooth. The Kex Engine port by NDS and Kaiser just kind of preserves the original look and feel as much as possible.

The game is at times more like a 3D platformer than a shooter, and the 3rd stage has aged badly with its endless pillars of jumping… but I had a great time playing the game, much less so with Turok 2. It encourages you to explore every inch of the levels and find new things in them, and I had a fantastic time playing it to the end. The bossfights ain’t a slouch either.

There is a modding community on Steam and some people have done some pretty neat-o things, not sure if it’ll be enough to keep you interested though.

10 Likes

I dislike DENUVO but from a developer standpoint I can understand the frustration of piracy and the feeling of helplessness all devs experience when they see their game being pirated. Again, I don’t condone something as invasive as DENUVO but it’s not impacted me or the gameplay and the gameplay of Planet Coaster is amazing. It’s a slightly more serious Roller Coaster Tycoon – and considering how hard that franchise has fallen off (RCT: World anyone?) I cannot recommend any theme park management/builder game more than Planet Coaster.

Also, you don’t need the DLC to enjoy Planet Coaster! There is so much content in the Steam workshop, knock yourself out designing and grabbing other players’ creations, even professional studios create items, buildings, rides, and parks for others to use. I’m not attacking the DLCs either, if you can afford them (or next time they go on sale!) they are fun too, this is just Frontier’s business model for how they fund continued development of their games. As much as I’d love to keep getting free content, I understand why some studios choose to charge for it.

For those that think Frontier is just “another greedy developer”, they are a medium (but growing) UK studio that I really want to succeed because they’ve shown to care about creating quality games first, and then monetize them later. Yes, they do care about money, but it’s not been to the detriment of their games (so far). For 2019, their entire year they made £17.4 million in net profit while spending well over £70.3 million creating and maintaining the franchises we love (Planet Coaster, Elite Dangerous, Planet Zoo, Jurassic World: Evolution, and future games). This is not egregious by any stretch. And they aren’t tax dodgers or anything sketchy: they paid their U.K. and overseas taxes – to the tune of about £2.2 million despite the company as a whole not running a retained profit yet (basically they ran at losses for years, and still have tax credits so they are using about 50% tax credit and paying 50% each year they do book a profit).

TL;DR - Planet Coaster is a great game, tons of content, both paid and free, and the devs do care about sustaining and supporting it.

7 Likes

And…I want all 12…so there.

9 Likes

I tried a quick play of Fell Seal and also Battle Chasers: Nightwar. I think I’ll prefer the latter game tbh. We’ll see if that changes when I put a little more time into each.

5 Likes

Planned to do the same tonight and ended up in a long chat instead, hee hee. Sleep soon and hopefully can try tomorrow myself. Will likely trade for Battle Chasers if opportunity presents itself.

3 Likes

Sleep?! What’s that? It’s only 04:32 here :wink:

4 Likes

12:46 am here. Why am I up you may ask? Maybe, because I slept earlier today. More likely, too many thoughts and feelings in my head. :thinking:

4 Likes

Hope you manage to get a few quality hours of kip, @Danacscott

4 Likes

Unless you really need it on Steam and not DRM-free, DON’T choose Etherborn, it’s in trove now.

The other new trove game is Snake Pass, it’s decent imo, and I say it’s worth checking out.

8 Likes

good info :+1:
wonder which other i’m gonna leave out then :thinking:

8 Likes