Your favorite game that came from a "movie".

I say “movies” basically because most likely it was first a BOOK/COMIC, then a MOVIE/SERIES (which for this I will allow).

I doubt ET for the Atari will make it on this post (I still have my copy!) , but I’d like to see what does!

My favorite to this day… Indiana Jones Greatest Adventures for SNES. Granted its kind of cheating since it’s, well his greatest adventures I.E all 3 movies in 1 game. But I also enjoyed Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade for PC (which I still have my LucasArts Classic Adventure Bundle Box!) But deep deep down it’s secretly Beauty and the Beast: Belle’s Quest for Sega Genesis because of that sweet sweet dancing scene… you guys will keep that secret right? :sweat:

10 Likes

The Jungle Book, Sega Genesis, that was a great game…

9 Likes

I swear all of the Disney movie games for the Gen were amazing!

7 Likes

I can say that I had lots of fun with Disney’s Hercules and the first 3 Harry Potter games + Harry Potter Quidditch World Cup.
Also a Home Alone game I played a lot as a kid that was basically a puzzle game, because you had to pick up items and use them to set traps while running from the Wet Bandits.

8 Likes

Not sure if you’ll allow it, since it’s a weird hybrid…but LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga. Yes. More. Would play again. To be fair, any LEGO game is awesome, with Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Batman, and Pirates of the Caribbean games all doing their respective franchises justice.

10 Likes

I tend to avoid movie licensed games like the plague, but two oldies that come to mind are:

I agree with @Culdra1600 most of the Disney Genesis games were fantastic.

and

This was based on the 1989 Batman film. Very little about the game resembled the film, but the gameplay was awesome.

12 Likes

16 Likes

Oh… How did we forget about this one? Lol…

8 Likes

You only “forgot” because you were a scummy Oddjob player :rage:

7 Likes

I never owned a N64 before newer systems came out, I only played with friends. This was definitely the first FPS game I played, but I did not play as much as most of other people I knew.

6 Likes

jurassic-park-usa

9 Likes

I’ve never played because fuck consoles, but I know I would love, pixel art made by Paul Robertson and OST by Anamanaguchi, they are fucking great! And so is the Scott Pilgrim universe!

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ gib pc port alred ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

8 Likes

Similarly to @DanosaurJr I’d nominate Batman the Movie. However, my experience is of the Amiga version which actually was pretty similar to the film, with Batmobile and Batwing balloon collecting sections -

Also the Robocop game was also great

And how could we forget Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

7 Likes

Man, this one was my first HP game and it was so cool, you could also play co-op with friends that doubled the awesomeness. I played on the PS2 when consoles were still a nice thing to have and not the bullshit of today. :rofl:

I also had the Quidditch one for PC!

6 Likes

I forgot about Scott Pilgrim. That was a great game! I too wish they would have ported it to PC. Doubt it’s ever going to happen at this point though.

7 Likes

My favs were Jurassic Park, Aladdin and GhostBusters!

10 Likes

I was about to post that Batman game. It’s based upon Batman - returns, I believe. Fantastic beat 'em up!

8 Likes

I hope you mean this Ghostbusters game

and not either of these…

The former was surprisingly good, the latter ones were terrible.

8 Likes

X-Men Origins: Wolverine is a good one, and one of the few cases not only of a good movie tie in but one arguably better than the film it’s linked to.

The mature rated uncaged edition anyways. Haven’t played any of the other versions.

7 Likes

Yes and I know I have a PC one too and for the life of me, I can’t find it. Must be on another HDD somewhere. I thought I had one for DOS Box too and It eludes me. I have been robbed. I tell ya…Robbed.

6 Likes