Ara Fell is getting an Enhanced Edition due to an engine upgrade for their upcoming game. They decided to port the game to this new engine and added a bunch of new features and are re-releasing it.
If you own Ara Fell previously, you’ll get a free upgrade. The release is set to March 26th and the price will increase to $15, so if you want now, you can grab for $10 and get the upgrade later for free as well. There has been discounts before for the game, but now with the re-release we don’t know for sure when it’s going to get discounts again.
Here’s a list of the new features
- Four new major side quests with areas to explore
- New turn-based battle system
- Overhauled UI; completely new menu system
- Each character now can acquire an Ultimate Ability
- Each character can choose one of two specialization classes, once unlocked
- Every skill can be upgraded
- Every skill can be augmented with one of two options, based on the specialization class (there are 80 skill augmentations in total!)
- Crafting/economy overhaul - all new items, treasure, shops, etc
- Foraging, mining, and diving for crafting materials
- New enchanting system for adding stat bonuses to accessories
- Supports the aspect ratios: 16:9, 16:10, 4:3
- The game will automatically change its aspect ratio as the window is resized
- New difficulty modes
- Can enter water from any direction (instead of using sparkles)
- New graphics (including lights, weather effects and shadows)
- Lots of new enemy skills
- All-new boss mechanics!
- Animated enemies
- Support for most gamepads
- Steam integration
- Twitch integration
- And a bunch of other improvements!