You broke my streak!

On Wednesday June 28th, 2017 the site was apparently broken and my coins didn’t registered. Between work and exhaustion I didn’t have a chance to get back in time to see if it was fixed within the same day. So my streak, approaching 90 days, was broken. I’m shattered and embittered. I can only taste ashes.

Can anything be done?

5 Likes

And this was 100% not on your end and it 100% didn’t work on any browser on any device?

4 Likes

Start a new streak, already one day down.

7 Likes

That would be the perfect title for a YouTube video.

3 Likes

something to read through
https://206.81.1.216/t/lost-my-coin-streak-even-though-i-checked-daily-is-this-even-possible/3065?u=gnuffi&source_topic_id=4954
https://206.81.1.216/t/chrono-coins-bugs-feedback/2381?u=gnuffi&source_topic_id=4954
enjoy

2 Likes

Huh. I also lost my coin streak on that day even though I am sure I clicked on the coin.

2 Likes

Had some problems too on that day, didn’t work on my phone nor my laptop, and at first didn’t work on my computer, but after a few minutes or so it did go through, bit strange it was that day in particular though.

3 Likes

Very weird. I’ve been hit by a random streak reset as well. Here’s what I did to make sure: Wait til the amount was updated in the top bar, click over to the transaction list, check it shows up there, reload page, check again. Check once more the next day. So it’s a bit of a miracle that the streak was now broken, even though it showed up correctly in the history until the day the streak was broken and then it retroactively showed up as broken… No big deal either way, coin bank overfloweth.

However something I’ve noticed, the streak reset happened the next coin after unlocking a game. Perhaps there’s some connection?

3 Likes

On Saturday 7/7, I logged onto Chrono.GG and claimed my daily coins. The next day I claimed my coins and checking on my streak, it claimed that I had broken it and was back to day one. This was a 69 day streak which I have to restart when I didn’t miss a day. I had claimed the coins and my transaction history on Chrono even claims that I received 26 coins that day. What gives???

2 Likes

@iTNano what can happen is this
https://206.81.1.216/t/chrono-coins-bugs-feedback/2381/78?u=gnuffi
you need to make sure you check in the same time each day, otherwise the coins/check-in can be “pushed” to the next day/time zone so you’ll technically have to check in twice on 1/same day, i.e. before and after deal reset, but at same date

2 Likes

@Gnuffi thanks for pointing that out to me as I had never seen that issue.

I get what you’re saying although, as shown my last transactions here;

No daily rewards have been missed. I am now on Day 2 of my “New streak”

I do check in at basically the same time each day as I had originally had a 39 day streak broken.

I did forget to check in that fatal day and had learned my lesson

Anyway and that being… I’m not suspecting anything can be done about it.

2 Likes

@iTNano
the thing about time “pushed” coins is they can carry on “forever” from the very beginning, until that fatal day where you miss
not saying this is what happened to you, as i’m not denying the possibility of a bug but
if 67 days ago you checked in on say between 6-8 am PST and kept on checking in at that same time each and every day around 6-8am pst to make sure you did it same time, you were still technically a day “late”, meaning you had very very little room for error
so say on day 69 when streak broke you checked in at 9am or little later, not much later from what you were used to, but now sale had reset, so it was a “new day” even tho it was the “same day”, but that tiny difference in a few hours were all it took to make the time difference and break the streak,
and there would be no visible double reward like on mine, because yours was spread out from the very start, so it would appear as an intact unbroken line of dates, but the “hour” is what made all the difference

point is, a “pushed”/delayed coin check-ins can carry on long time and indefinite if the check-in is continued in same manner,
but the second it’s delayed past final due, even on same day, it’s too late and breaks, it’s very easy to have happen that way because of time differences and personal schedules
you could in fact have gone a full 125day streak from day 1 this way and never have noticed until your schedule once again got pushed a few hours or even just minutes, resulting in such a “delay” related streak break, and there would have been no visible “date cue”, since they were all “late” in the same way and appear as such as a neat continuous streak of dates, even tho they actually just weren’t time wise

3 Likes

I emailed them about a streak loss I had about a month ago. I checked in every day, I was approaching a 90 day streak too. If it’s the same thing I had, I think there’s a bug around day 75 (I have to check the day I lost). It sucks, they won’t do anything about it. After this new 2 month streak, I’m going to skip a day to prevent this. Maybe you should consider doing the same.

2 Likes

This is getting ridiculous, I can say for absolute certain there is no 75 day bug. No any number day bug, there’s plenty of us at 120+ days streak right now.

Look at the main page, it has a countdown in hours for how long the daily deal lasts. The coin refreshes at the same time, if you check the site when there’s an hour or two left then you’re cutting it close and any delay might result in a missed day, as @Gnuffi just got done explaining.

What precisely would you have them do? There is no evidence of anything going wrong, the problem has not been possible to replicate, there are no traces of an actual problem and every occurrence of a streak reset has at all times appeared to be due to user error. Even IF there is a problem nothing can be done about it until it is visible and testable.

8 Likes

@Gnuffi and @Fraggles I appreciate what you’re both saying.

What I’m getting at is that if the clock resets when the daily deal resets, I am no where near checking in at that time.

The daily deal ends around 3 am my time (AEST)

Even if it’s 3 hour window either way, much less 1, I am nowhere near my computer checking Chrono.

@Fraggles. Yes it is getting ridiculous, but not for the reason you’re frustrated over.

I am 100% certain that I checked in, and it was nowhere near the deal cut off time, but still I broke my streak.

@Gnuffi explained the cutting it close scenario well, which made a lot of sense. But in this case, it doesn’t hold true as there was no cutting it close. I’m asleep when the daily deal ends.

2 Likes

There are of course other reasons than simple forgetfulness.

Are you equally certain that none of these issues could possibly have been the case?
In that case I’d urge you to follow the last part, better yet record a short video ever time you click the coin then go to your log, couple of seconds every day until you can show that a bug happens on the chrono side of things. They’d be real happy with your help I’m sure.

Because once again I must say even if there is an actual problem it is impossible to fix it until there are any sort of visible traces of it.

2 Likes

@iTNano i would suggest you ask support (help@chrono.gg) if they’d be willing to provide you your detailed log, (looking like this https://206.81.1.216/t/lost-my-coin-streak-even-though-i-checked-daily-is-this-even-possible/3065/51?u=gnuffi), so you can maybe get a better sense of the specific time hiccup if possible
again, not saying there isn’t a bug,

but would like to further point out to the “time” push, since your timezone is in Aussie county,
if you are like me (in EU tho) and don’t check in in the mornings, because waaay more important stuff to do then, like toast :smile_cat:, but does so in the afternoon/evening,
then even if it’s not 1-3 hour close, if you check in “always” any later than 4pm your time, you have technically still pushed your coins a day’s date in Chrono time
so despite due diligence and good effort from your side, (which i’m not doubting), something still could have happened/come up that isn’t a bug, but human error, since it’s possible with <10 hours to check-in it did get pushed past the expiration time that fateful day
given your streak broke during a weekend, where a lot of stuff can come up/interfere with a “schedule”, i wouldn’t put it past the element of “human error” to be likely though
just a thought, since i know how different timezones really can make timely matters more challenging and easier to skew a bit, Chrono being no exception

if there is a bug, i hope they do find it at some point, since i’m not ruling it out, to that degree that since it got brought up i’ve actually been screenshotting my coin check-ins before/after click,
since @Fraggles brought it up, might just have stirred my paranoia enough that i’m just gonna Fraps it instead lol :smile_cat: . Juuust in case i’m not immune to the bug either one day

Best to you @iTNano , hope support can be helpful with the log and hopefully clear it up too

2 Likes

Just to clarify, for those of us on the east coast of Australia the change over time is 2am, so we, for the most part have the whole day to check in and still be on the same day, breakfast or dinner.

2 Likes

except you’re sleeping the first 5 hours or so of the reset already
and like i mentioned, if you check in after work/school, because you are too busy in the morning/early day, that leaves you less time
but most importantly, the actual date change will have happened (causing the appearance of continuity) if the check-in is post 4-5pm in Australia, again, leaving only <10hours to do it “right”, but you will likely be gone to bed couple of those hours, shaving even more time off
ofc if you are active early on and check-in consistently before 4-5pm in Aussieland then the coin-time-date push doesn’t happen the same way
but even so, still doesn’t rule out human error ofc tho

2 Likes

I realise my wording was off when I said ‘still be on the same day’, I did not mean calendar day but Chrono deal day.

This whole thing is why I think the history should show time clicked, it would make it much easier to work these things out, rather than having this constant back and forth when we can’t know where the problem occurred because we don’t have enough information.

2 Likes