Yogscast Jingle Jam 2021

I have no idea how this bundle works, but it seems like charity, like the itch.io BLM months ago, there’s a ton of games, some better than others, personally I want Northgard and I have Disc Room and Siezable on my WL

£35 for the bundle looks kinda pricey but it’s charity, it might be worth it

17 Likes

Holy crap on a cracker. Not again. Somehow I am getting this.

How do I receive my games for Jingle Jam?

First, you need to make a donation (between Dec 1 - Dec 14th, 2021) of at least £35 (around $47 USD) in a single transaction (one donation), to one of the charities on the Jingle Jam event page!

• You do not need a Tiltify account to make a donation, but it is recommended so you can keep track of your donation.
  • Double-check (and triple-check, might as well!) your email address. This is where the game collection codes will be sent.

Second, check to ensure your reward is selected. If a reward is not selected you will not receive your keys. Double-check this on the confirmation screen! You can select the reward by clicking “Reward” on the left-side of the donation transaction.

Third, once you receive your keys redeem them before January 2022!

Keys may expire if not redeemed before 1st January! Jingle Jam, Tiltify, and the charities involved in the event are not liable to replace expired keys. This is a donation reward, not a purchase.

Make sure you follow the directions.

I know there will be people that can’t afford this and I have an idea that can spread some joy around here. I am in the middle of doing bills. I will explain it when I finish.

11 Likes

OK. These are my thoughts…

Like I said before, I know there will be people who can’t afford this. I mean, it’s over $60 Canadian. People have commitments, family, kids and it’s Christmas. Plus we all have Covid hanging over our heads.

I checked the list of games and I have a LOT of them already. Usually I just add them to my list of games for giveaways or rewards or “Just because”. But with them saying you need to redeem before January 2020, I thought we could create a “Yogs Wishlist” and people could say what games they wanted and the ones who bought the bundle and have a spare key could gift it to that person.

If you want to just give those keys to your friends or family, I understand that too. You give them to them. No pressure. I don’t feel that we are taking from the charity because the people who can’t afford it, no matter what, still would not be giving to the charity. This is just a way to spread the joy and not waste keys and people can get a game or 2 that they want.

We could limit the requests to 2 maybe 3 so everyone has a chance of at least getting one game.

I am not in the position to buy the bundle today but I will soon.

Any other thoughts???

20 Likes

i am almost sure that i will be buying it so i will have some keys for you lot if someone is interested

12 Likes

$35 is definitely too steep for me, though there’s a few games in there that looks interesting. Some of which I’ve heard of before and some I hadn’t. If anyone does end up with a few spare keys and the desire to give them away I would be interested in Pathway, Wildermyth and Empyrion.

8 Likes

Unfortunately I also can’t afford it since I don’t have any dollars on my personal accounts. If someone has spare keys I’m interested in the following:

- Urban Trial Tricky™ Deluxe Edition

• Empyrion - Galactic Survival
  • Wildermyth

Edit: Thanks @Riouz for Urban Trial Tricky! :+1:

8 Likes

I’m not getting the bundle because there’s not enough in there I’m interested in for the price >: If someone’s got spares of any of these, I’ll take them off your hands though~

• Murder by Numbers
  • Tales of the Neon Sea
  • PictoQuest

Edit: Thank you @Riouz, for Murder by Numbers and PictoQuest!

8 Likes

Well all they would really need to make this more appealing is one solid title in a whole line up . It doesnt need to be super expensive but let’s say a newish desirable title for ~20 euros/bucks .

Because it’s always just a filler with these bundles and even if you can find a title or two you wouldnt be against owning throwing 35 moneyzz for that is ridiculous + you will have to deal with finding home for rest of the bundle which is just a hassle on top of it.

10 Likes

Yea it’s too expansive for me to afford it at this current time in my life, and wouldn’t really be worth it compare to more important things. Since their is only 3 items i would be interested in.

Embr
Northgard
Wildermyth.

So if anyone didn’t want any of those that would be quite nice of you, but i totally understand an don’t expect free stuff.

8 Likes

I have gone spending overbudget in my entertainment shopping lately, and I have made several donations recently toward mental health/cancer research/COVID relief/natural disaster relief (more locally in my area) so I don’t feel the need to throw more money in this right now. I only want 1 game from this whole lot, which is another reason I am not diving in.

If anyone has a spare for Disc Room I would love to play this game.

12 Likes

Ye not too much I want that I don’t already have or would want to invest the time into

But if anyone gets some spares that need a home here is a little wishlist ^^

-̶u̶l̶t̶i̶m̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶c̶h̶i̶c̶k̶e̶n̶ ̶h̶o̶r̶s̶e̶ ̶
̶i̶t̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶h̶u̶m̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶b̶u̶n̶d̶l̶e̶ ̶b̶4̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶I̶ ̶d̶i̶d̶n̶t̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶l̶o̶l̶

̶-̶m̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶s̶a̶i̶l̶ ̶
̶i̶d̶k̶ ̶h̶o̶w̶ ̶f̶u̶n̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶I̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶f̶i̶n̶d̶ ̶b̶o̶a̶t̶ ̶d̶e̶s̶i̶g̶n̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶e̶r̶e̶s̶t̶i̶n̶g̶

Edit: Thanks @Riouz for the gift ^^

6 Likes

I mean it’s a good deal but there’s not too much that I want from there (and I don’t have the money anyways at this point in time)

The games that I’d like to get if someone has spare keys are the following:

• Valfaris
  • Radical Rabbit Stew
  • Ultimate Chicken Horse

Edit : Thanks @Riouz for Valfaris :partying_face:

8 Likes

I’d love to donate but with my holiday spending right now I can’t. :frowning_face: If any of you have a spare key to Pathway u don’t want I’d love to check it out. :hearts:

8 Likes

Interesting to see how most of the money is pledged to The Mental Health Foundation and Cancer Research UK. People are donating with anticipation this money will find its way back to them?
I know I would.

And of course the third one is The Open Bionics Foundation - an investment in that brand new, shiny robocock=)

A ton of pretty games in there, my desires be raging.

BTW anyone noticed how they managed to facilitate a convenient game browsing experience, by simply providing tiles with direct Steam links? Unlike some prominent bundle shops which insist on delivering shit browsing experience with no Steam links.

I like what they’re doing there:) though I’m from a poo country with poo currency, so no monies from me:p

11 Likes

Yup I noticed that
It’s a shame not more stores did that but I thought it was in case ppl instead went and bought the game directly on steam or something xD or is it because they are too lazy to implement it I don’t know

7 Likes

Then they bungled it by making you click “see more” 11 times to see the full list of games :rofl:

10 Likes

Oh shit, you’re right! how did I miss that?`:D I must’ve zone out or something…

I’m guessing their intent was to present the charities after only a single screen-full of games, but… yeah, no, fuck that:D I don’t think there’s a single concept in UX design I hate more than forced pagination (including “infinite” scroll with asynchronous loading, both auto and via show more). YouTube comments for example? Fuck YouTube comments.
I can handle your 10000 items all at once, thank you very much.

The Steam links are still good tho;D

8 Likes

I like the way Fanatical does their Steam links as well, Humble on the other hand :frowning:

8 Likes

I am actually very astonished by how many good games are in this bundle. You help a cause, and get great games. I wish I could contribute. :frowning:

9 Likes

Wildermyth is the only I’d ask for if anyone, had a spare. Seems lots of us were impressed by it, lol.

I just gave my PO stupid fees for collecting stuff. Books on Japanese, and such. Tower still due for posting. Bah. Great bundles, bad timing right? heh

9 Likes