WordAway

I can’t really comment on those comments (although I’m tempted so, so much), to keep it fair for everyone, but… I love that you took a swing at it and shared your results too. Kudos, @eishiya:slight_smile:

I just assumed you were being facetious:D
No worries, you didn’t do any guessing yet;)

9 Likes

SHA-256 produces longer hashes. But just in case I was wrong, I tried SHA-256 and SHA-224 on a shorter list of words and there was still no match, and the hashes are indeed longer.

@SeekerSupreme If it turns out you hashed a hash, I will shake my fist in your general direction xP

8 Likes

:smiley: :heart:

9 Likes

Shows you how much I know about this type of stuff.

9 Likes

the “-256” implies 256 bit, yet the cyphertext is 128 bit (32 hex characters, 4 bit per hex). I was thinking AES-128… I’m going to hold onto my question until I think of a better one.

Summary:

• #characters <=6
  • Not related to the giveaway games
  • Not an adjective
  • In engrish
  • Is a thing, you can touch
  • Not powered by electricity
  • Could be plastic
  • Man-made
  • Not typically used for leisure
  • Too large to fit in the palm of one’s hand, but wording implies it may be something you could carry
  • Found in houses
  • Not a mouse, chair
16 Likes

Not sure what that means. Do you mind elaborate a little bit on it please.:joy:

5 Likes

Q: Is it used every day?

6 Likes

Question: Is it decorative?

I have no idea what it could be. What the heck.

6 Likes

My one guess table / desk. I mean the same thing, just not sure which word people use more.

5 Likes

I love this idea! Really curious as to what encryption method is used. I will not be guessing at the moment or asking a question since I have no idea what the word is and will wait until I have a better idea and come up with something hopefully. Oddly enough there is a word that is literally within the encryption which is babe. Weird… That is not my guess. Just a weird observation.

6 Likes

I just realized this is basically an elaborate game of 20 questions.

8 Likes

I think that’s exactly what this is about XD

6 Likes

Not by most people.

+1

5 Likes

No

+1

5 Likes

I wouldn’t say it’s the same thing… it’s kind of like a difference between a chair an a stool. They could serve the same purpose (like a hammer and a meat mallet could), but typically they’re not quite the same.

In any case, I can only accept single word guesses, so you can save yours for later if you want:)

5 Likes

A lovely cipher, isn’t it?^^

Yeah, I’m pretty sure I remember a game like this from my childhood, but I can’t quite remember what the rules were exactly… and I don’t think it was played competitively:)

7 Likes

Actually, I was confused so i modified my original post. (AES)Encryption is done in multiple rounds, to improve security, your original key gets expanded to multiple keys (by some elaborate scheme), one for each round.

Updated summary:

• #characters <=6
  • Not related to the giveaway games
  • Not an adjective
  • In engrish
  • Is a thing, you can touch
  • Not powered by electricity
  • Could be plastic
  • Man-made
  • Not typically used for leisure
  • Too large to fit in the palm of one’s hand, but wording implies it may be something you could carry
  • Found in houses
  • Not a mouse, chair
  • Not used everyday by most people
  • Not decorative
13 Likes

Ah okay then, and yea… I get what you mean with the chair / stool thing. :thinking:

5 Likes

Is it typically found in the bathroom OR kitchen?

6 Likes

Uh, that’s a tough one… I want to say “yes, but only in smaller flats (studio / bachelor apartments)”, but then again, people living in those types of flats probably wouldn’t typically equip themselves with it…
I don’t know, I can’t answer this definitively, so if you wish, you can adjust your question.

+1

8 Likes