WordAway

No

+1

6 Likes

Is it man made? (as opposed to naturally occurring)

7 Likes

It can be.

+1

6 Likes

Yes

+1

6 Likes

I know I asked a question already, but this is about the rules regarding the guess.

Should guesses be submitted to you by PM, or just here publicly in the thread?

I am not ready by a long shot to actually give a real guess yet, but just wanted to clarify before we got there.

7 Likes

Good question. Please post both your questions as well as your guesses here. It’s a part of this game’s mechanic:)

Plus, I want it to be 100% transparent. That’s also the reason why I actually posted the word in the OP, so everyone can verify it at the end, and make sure I wasn’t changing it in the middle of the game:D

I’ve added this info to the OP.

7 Likes

Is it used for leisure? I’m very bad at this kind of games :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

What’s the word?

Is it small enough to hold in one hand?

7 Likes

Not typically

+1

Me too. Good thing I don’t have to do the guessing here:D

5 Likes

No
EDIT: to avoid ambiguity, I’ve interpreted this question as “small enough to fit in the palm of one’s hand”
If it’s not what you meant, please rephrase your question.

+1

9 Likes

Is it something you can find in a house?

6 Likes

Yes

+1

6 Likes
5 Likes

It’s “mouse”

5 Likes

It’s not a mouse, sorry.

5 Likes

Is it a chair?
Also, does the person who guesses correctly get all the keys? What’s the system?

7 Likes

Not a chair either, sorry.

Yes. The system is… one word, one big ass pile of games - for the one who guesses it.

6 Likes

I calculated MD5 hashes for something like 80k English words of length 3-6 (there are very few content words shorter than that, and 6 is the maximum established in this thread) and didn’t find a match to the encrypted string in this thread. I did lower-case, all-caps, and first-letter caps. So, I guess the method used wasn’t MD5, even though it looks like it.

I best be getting back to my own work now, but I thought I’d post that in case anyone else was thinking of brute-forcing the encrypted word xP

9 Likes

My first thought was a SHA-256 hash.

(statement, not a question)

10 Likes

I just realized something, I guess my mind was really enfeebled earlier when I misinterpreted the Q&A regarding the length. I read it as longer than 6, not no longer than 6 characters.

OMG, I need to go dig myself a hole.

10 Likes