WordAway

@SeekerSupreme First time I read it “great, easy hint”, then I read it again “dang, big kungfusion to my head now”.
I have used my question, don’t want to use my answer… yet.

7 Likes

Well that turned it into a curious riddle.
What non-electrical item exists in the kitchen or bathroom of a studio apartment but not in a house that someone in a house is more likely to own than someone in a studio apartment?

8 Likes

Or perhaps it exists in larger dwellings too, but in other rooms.

8 Likes

Yes that is implied by the riddle as I phrased it, it’s in k/b in an apartment and elsewhere in a house. At least that is how I interpreted @SeekerSupreme’s answer.

8 Likes

Im not entering, most of those games I already have so I’d just be holding a second giveaway after wards xD

what a neat fun idea this is by the way, my mind is whirring and I have no idea what it is, and the last answer just added more questions that I wont say because they will count as my questions haha.

so I will ask a question to help out the others.

Q: is it this thing a tool?

6 Likes

Hmmm…

Enigma puzzles are not my thing. However…
This looks like ASCII character codes.

Hueueueueue…I think this is.

Maybe it’s not but it definitely seemed to be so.

I don’t have a guess, just a question.
Does it have a sharp edge (i.e. like a knife would)?

7 Likes

@eishiya, @Fraggles
Yes, the interpretation / rephrasing (which Fraggles provided) is very accurate.

6 Likes

Oh, that’s another tough one, from a semantic perspective, so…
No, most people probably wouldn’t call it a tool, i.e. a device, such as a crowbar, shovel, hammer etc.
Yes, you could call it a tool, i.e. something necessary to carry out one’s tasks / occupation / profession

+1

Thank you, I was hoping people would join in with their questions, even if they’re not interested in the prize itself:)

7 Likes

No, by design it shouldn’t.

+1

9 Likes

I feel like I’m playing Guess Who, crossing off suspects off a list with each new answer. This is the most fun I’ve had in a giveaway.

8 Likes

I’m most here coz I like riddles but man this is a headscratcher (in a good way). ^^

7 Likes

I had a feeling this would happen but edited out my definition xD which is the dictionary definition.

“a device or implement, especially one held in the hand, used to carry out a particular function.”

so if the thing is used to assist another things function, IE a spatula aids a cook to cook.

but realistically ignore the “held in hand” part of the definition because we don’t need that muddying the waters now, just focus on the “used to carry out a particular function” part. an occupation or profession could be considered a function. its a function of society.

7 Likes

Is it, by design, intended to be or get wet?

7 Likes

clarified as:

Yes, it is a tool:)

8 Likes

Yes, for most of its applications.

+1

8 Likes

Ehhhh, I got to say I’m bad at this kind of games.:joy: Can’t wait to see the answer now.:laughing:

6 Likes

Okay,

So:

• #characters <=6
  • Not related to the giveaway games
  • Not an adjective
  • In engrish
  • Is a thing, you can touch
  • Not powered by electricity
  • Could be plastic
  • Man-made
  • Not typically used for leisure
  • Too large to fit in the palm of one’s hand, but wording implies it may be something you could carry
  • Found in houses
  • Not a mouse, chair
  • Not used everyday by most people
  • Not decorative
  • Typically in kitchen/bathroom for small apartments but elsewhere in a house where the house owner is more likely to own
  • it is not designed to have a sharp edge
  • it is a device use to carry out a particular function and can be something necessary to carry out one’s task/occupation
  • it is designed to get or be wet in most applications

There are two things that I would probably store in the bathroom or kitchen (and do not have) that fit these descriptions. However, those two items are commonly used together and may be stored together.

The other issue is that I would like maybe 2-3 of the games listed and have a list of keys i need to decide what to do with already.

I’ll let someone else take a stab at it first.

11 Likes

I’ve only got one guess myself so far. Everything I come up with fails the tool part or the kitchen/bathroom part in one way or another.

@SeekerSupreme What is a “function of society”? If I’m allowed to ask that :'D

7 Likes

I want to see the answer too. All I think of is a wrench. SO there goes my guess. :blush:

7 Likes

Is it something that is typically worn on the body when in use?

6 Likes