Wishlist Omensight on Steam & Get Stories: Path of Destinies Free + Other Rewards

The creators of Stories: Path of Destinies are running a special promotion in anticipation of the release of their new game Omensight - an action murder mystery (which looks pretty cool btw).

Here’s how it works:

• Wishlist Omensight on Steam
  • Send them a screenshot
  • Get a free copy of Stories: Path of Destinies and other potential rewards.

All Steam codes will be sent out by email at the end of this contest (on May 15). See website for further details and instructions.

24 Likes

Thanks for the heads up! Done, hopefully we get it!

6 Likes

Thanks. I just entered as well. :grin:

7 Likes

The site claims they’re up to 14k participants or something at the time of writing so that should mean anyone entering will get Stories key at least. Thanks for spreading the word.

8 Likes

I’ve already played and beaten Stories: PoD at least 12 times. Not even joking. It eventually gets pretty repetitive though, and it’s a ton of fun the first few times trying to figure out which choices will lead to a different ending (hint: basically everything has a different ending, all the choices are boiled down into major path divergences). So yes, it’s definitely worth playing for the stories.

I do have some negative criticism about it though. The combat is overly simplistic and cursory. It’s like a Zelda game, if Link only ever got to use 1 weapon IIRC. Also, if you’re an achievement whore, some of the achievements require every ending…of which there are dozens…which are insanely repetitive if you’ve seen most of the choices and you just need to recombine them in different combinations or permutations to get a path that finally begins to diverge…and there’s no easy way to skip through most of the game. Once you’ve unlocked a “true” ending the game does allow you to sort of fast forward jump to the first divergence on your next play through, but then you still have to play the rest of the game out. If you are used to speed running games or memorizing levels for shortcuts (or mentally checking out and watching reruns of Archer on Netflix while you use a Steam Controller to mindlessly navigate the same Mountaintop Library for the dozenth time) then I’d say this isn’t an issue. Otherwise, don’t expect this to hand you an easy 100% in less than a few hundred hours.

TL;DR - Stories: PoD great game, looking forward to the devs next game

10 Likes

Nice one! Thanks! I already had it on my wishlist.:smiley:

8 Likes

Thank you for the info
I will be entered soon :upside_down_face:

8 Likes

Thank you @DanosaurJr for the heads up! :smile:

And thanks to @Shalandir for describing the freebie! Saves me good game-playing time.

9 Likes

Where do I send them the screenshot?

4 Likes

go to the site, Wishlist Quest — Omensight, read the details, and click/use the form, as instructed…

9 Likes

I had that, I didn’t know where to submit the screenshot, but I found it.

7 Likes

I think this looks like a great idea, for everyone. Submitted, thanks for letting us know, @DanosaurJr! :yellow_heart:

8 Likes

They sent out collectors edition keys today. But they also decided to mention that they’re sending out Omensight keys to the lucky winners and the cheeky bastards chose to set it up like this:

The winners of the free Omensight key raffle were sent their codes earlier today, so make sure to check your inboxes and spam folders for an email called
"Congratulations! You are a winner of a FREE Omensight Steam Key!"

mmhm, yeah that wasn’t intentional or anything, with the rest of the text being weak grey as well.

9 Likes

I did the whole “sign up for a copy of S:PoD” and got the key just so I could give it away. You know who you are! Hope you all play it, I might play it again if you all make me, missing a couple Cheetos.

5 Likes

hmm I did not receive anything from them :frowning:

3 Likes

That’s what I thought, too, but it was buried in some weird inbox on gmail. Try clicking on ‘more’ and then ‘all mail’ or search for Spearhead Games.

4 Likes

u probably want to check yr spam or junk email too…

2 Likes

thanks but I have done that all already and nothing, I DM’d them on Discord, just waiting for a replay.

3 Likes

This is the email line I received:

Try searching for those exact words?

4 Likes

Now, anyone here was lucky enough to get an Omensight key?

8 Likes