Winter Sale

tell me about it… happened to me and forgot queue too; i was so absent during Holiday sale 2015, (i didn’t even make a purchase,+ one of the years with some good deals), and also completely missed out on the fabled Red Herring badge, -and didn’t even realize it until moments after it was over :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

How angry I am right now that you pointed it out

angry

@Gnuffi Steam had a sale recently (1 or 2 months ago) where the queue did sfa. Thought they had stopped it :crying_cat_face:

5 Likes

Wow…I’ve never used the scripts on STM before, just regular manual hard labour of selecting, dragging and dropping. But boy, scripts make trading AWESOMEBALLS EASY! That’s about 300 cards traded in 10 minutes! No badges, but dupes dealt with.

2 Likes

Only for level 8 , I believe. This is my 3 rd sale maybe, but 1 for cards…Yu did missout on some cards- or 3-4 a day to be precise.

1 Like

summer + winter sale “only”, -every year, for the past 4 years or so at least. Basically since the introduction of both cards and queue each were there
so always during the “big sales”, ie. summer and winter, remember to check the discovery queue, since they “usually” add free cards to it

2 Likes

Yup! I only noticed it like… on the 27th or something. Or even after that. Same reaction. No idea why I missed out on it too hahaha )’:

giphy (13)

5 Likes

Wha whu? Script/Program to buy the card that you’re missing?

@Fraggles Thanks for recommending me mark of the ninja, I am really enjoying it so far.

2 Likes

I’m glad you’re enjoying it, it is an absolutely brilliant game.

1 Like

someone mentioned this game nd now Im really interested is it any good it looks… basic.

also

also is the game Yakuza not on steam?.. I just searched for it, could we have a definitive list of games not on steam?! I.e. the only two I know bloodborne and I think Yakuza xD

also, WHY IS BEAR SIMULATOR NEVER ON SALE???

2 Likes

I played it once a long time ago and discarded it as simple and stupid. Then @Truly mentioned it to me and I figured why not, I’ll give it another go. Chaos and confusion reigned for about 2 games until I got a grasp on the whole thing. Yes it’s kind of simple, but there’s more to it than is apparent at first glance. The thing that makes it interesting is the various characters which seem to lend themselves to quite different play styles and tactics. Then there’s the deck of cards into which each player brings 9 cards (I think) that everyone then draws out of randomly, these cards do all sorts of stuff. Some buffs yourself for combat, some places traps on the board others just straight up deals damage or otherwise messes with your opponents.

The most interesting part of the game is towards the end, when one or more of you stand a chance at winning, that’s when the space for really influencing the game is the widest.

I have now somehow put 9h into this silly thing over the holiday week.
If you have the cash to spare though I’d recommend you pick up the 100% Orange Gremlins bundle.

4 Likes

I mean it sounds nice I guess, but I get that same feeling playing sonic shuffle.

I was kinda hoping it was like dokapon kingdom, until I find a game like that I won’t cease!

I wanted an action RPG board game with money and shops and equipment and levels and a turn based attack system that may or may not depend on dice.

sound like anything anyone knows? except for dokapon xD

1 Like

I have never heard of dokapon before so I don’t know how it bears itself mechanically. But your description could be applied to Talisman though I think you might find it rather simple as well.

totally not an advertisment for GG

but their playthrough is all I know, its a rare game apparantly.

and Ill look that up thanks

that games look more relative to hands of fate :slight_smile: a game I do enjoy a lot. so I might check that out.

Yeah it does actually look pretty talismannish, though talisman is more circular in nature and things are not happening on every turn so it seems a bit slower in pacing. The magic crystals to decide how far to move looks like a great idea that talisman could really use, in talisman you get to pick direction but the dice will chose how far you go, no options there. So getting to the places you want to go can be rather annoying at times.

If you want to read more about it then this is a good resource, though it is focused on the actual board game versions of games.

Of course most good boardgames does not have a proper digital version made which is why Tabletop sim is so good because there you can find almost anything, like this for example.

The drawback is that you’ll often have to spend some time trying to figure out how to actually play them though.

1 Like

not buying missing card, but trading cards with duplicates for card desired
not all on steam are greedy, so there are people willing to trade 1:1 meaning no loss for “you”, vs the people wanting 2:1 or more/other
and even nicer people also set up bots to automate the trading process so it’s faster and smoother, and with a script trading with those bots can be almost fully automated, meaning no trouble or hassle getting traded all one’s dupes into useful cards for making badges
no profit trading is allowed on STM, always just 1:1/same set, so it’s very handy

Have you seen steamtradematcher.com? Find the users the site lists as bots after logging in through Steam - it’s the safe, Valve approved login method. Trade with the Bots since they will autoconfirm the trade after verifying it’s a 1:1 offer. Simple as that!

I only do one trade at time then reload the page after I receive it so the site can scan my Inventory again. Prevents possibly trading the other card you need to complete the set on accident. I also only craft the badges during a seasonal sale where a card drops for each badge crafted in addition to the daily task and discovery que cards.

No, the scripts do all your inventory management when you trade on STM. It’s incredibly easy and quick, apart from with those bots with MASSIVE inventories.

So about these bots. Are these things really safe?
They seem to me an excellent way to get your inventory indexed so nefarious people know which accounts to try to hack or something. Even possibly giving a vector for the attempt? How do you people trust things like this with something as valuable as your steam accounts?

I put my faith in the Steam Mobile Authenticator…

STM isn’t getting any account info other than an inventory match, plus my game library is rubbish, so I feel relatively safe about allowing limited access.

2 Likes