Why arent new games getting loaded?

There have been 2-3 games, availble for coins, sold out for days and days now. Why arent they being reloaded to give more choices than Brigador?

1 Like

We’ll be adding more games soon!

4 Likes

Let’s reverse things around, and allow me to thank Ionin for his patience with us. All of us (myself included) have been reminding Ionin about the coin shop’s supply and our ever increasing demands, and a forum search shows he’s been there at 99% (possibly all, but I’m not sure on that) of the forum topics to say, “we’re on it” and I mean with a personalized response rather than a canned one. Because I know some of them included actual behind the scenes hints to show he’s not here to ignore us. So thank you Ionin, for replying to each and every one of us with a smile. We know the games are coming, and we know it’s not very easy to supply free games, especially when it’s third-parties that need to be convinced. We also know the shop just launched, so it’s difficult to gauge patterns in our demands. But I think it’s safe to say we all know a price floor will have to happen in order to maintain demand. I’m being vague, because I’m also nervous about what the new price floor may be. Either way we appreciate Ionin’s patience.

8 Likes

Well now that you’ve said that, no more shop games EVER!

4 Likes

Remember folks, we’re reversing things around. So he has to do it too. Muahahahahahah!

2 Likes

There is one problem with not reloading games constantly. People continue to amass large sums of coins. Then as soon as something is posted in the store it will be sold out.

I wonder if the site can survive this problem? If a solution isn’t found it’s likely the games will be in a constant state of sold-out. I blinked and One Finger Death Punch was gone.

Just so we are clear, I like the idea of one super sale a day of an indie game. And frankly, it sounds like they are doing everything right. It’s all enough to keep me coming back, but the coin thing might need tweaking if it’s going to survive… If everything is sold out, people will stop dropping by.

Hopefully this is viewed as constructive. Certainly there are ways to encourage coin usage and give benefits to the people who come in. More games, in a perfect world. Higher coin cost? Well, if it is necessary. Coin lottery?

6 Likes

Definitely something we’re aware of and working to fix. Part of the delay in getting new games is that we’re going to be adding multiple games at once to the store to help alleviate this. We’re also going to try and make sure we have a more at the ready for when games sell out.

4 Likes

here’s how to fix the problem (and i hate saying this but its true) increase the prices of games to be around brigador price. You will dangle the carrot to get people to keep coming back and it wont sell out immediately, plus even if one game does those people will likely not be able to get another game for a while allowing others to get the other games. Simple but effective and i dont think the community would feel too bad about it as they are getting free games still. Also the guys here will not have to restock as often.

9 Likes

I fear for your safety.

5 Likes

you know what i say to the haters, BRING IT! I am a tough cookie, and also completely anonymous on this site, so for you who don’t like my opinion

though seriously please don’t hurt me :worried:

4 Likes

Which will mean things will stop being sold out, and people will drop by the store again. Problem solved!

I don’t know; the reason Brigador is so expensive is because it’s ~$20 while the others are only $5-$10. It would seem silly to keep up with the coins and streaks (and also risk losing said streaks) for an entire month merely for the chance of getting one of the cheaper games for free when, like Pontifex said, you could buy it $1 on sale (put it on your wish list so you’ll be notified of the sale and spend your time doing other things).

5 Likes

I joined too late for One Finger Death Punch at $1.00. I’ll grab it up next time it goes on sale. I jumped on the bandwagon after the Jalopy sale about a month ago.

1 Like

Will games already sold out in the shop get new keys sometimes in the future?
Btw thank you for the chance for free games, I cannot imagine how hard getting these keys is for you guys.

1 Like

It’s possible that we’ll feature games that have sold out again the future. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Because we live in an alternate universe…where there is only one game…and that game is…Brigador.

2 Likes

I perhaps did not explain myself very clearly but i meant that games should be priced at at least a few thousand coins rather than 1000 or just above as it is not very hard to get that amount if you get a streak going. Just looking at the shop now it seems to be what they are doing so things are looking peachy :wink:.

2 Likes

But you need some games to be cheap. If you have cheep games, sure they can instantly be sold out, but on the other hand, that will lead to less people having enough for the more expensive games. Since this is working on a “first come, fist served” basis, you will never make it to the expensive games if you spend your coins on the cheaper ones. I got One Finger Death Punch, so my chances of getting one of the newer games is lower than those who didn’t get it (or any of the other games that came before).

1 Like

Sure i understand that, and in a different thread i think i mentioned that same point, but on the flipside the people who are likely to get those games low priced games before they sell out are the people who are here more often and check in a lot, therefore these people who are likely to have bigger streaks and we have seen that people on 14 day streaks get 800-900+coins, almost enough to get those lower priced games, and who knows how many coins people will get tomorrow for the 30 day streak (i’m guessing at least 1500 to outweigh contunally getting 3 day chests).

So unless these games keep getting put into the shop on a weekly basis at the 1000-1500 price the same people will basically be getting all the games, and even if it is on a weekly basis that means that maybe those people will miss one game and then get one on the second week. In my opinion if people just keep seeing the games sold out it will mean they will be less likely to return and you are just servicing the few who are constantly looking.

You have to remember as well from the chrono crews side these free games are what is called a “loss leader”, they are selling these games at a loss (free) in order to attract customers. I am no financial expert, but the more keys they give out for free the more they need to see in sales from the deals to justify it, so pricing the coin value to low and excluding those who cant check in on the site often in the day to the point where the games are always sold out is not “good business practice”. I think the pricing they are using at the moment of 2000 - 2500 coins is the nice middle ground for clearing the coins out of the dedicated followers of the site and to incentivise others to come back and have games in stock, and with that sort of pricing i think this will all shake out in terms of staggering peoples purchases as a few months go by.

Gosh looking back at this it is a long post and very inside baseball, sorry, but i can’t be bothered to go back and editing it down. Maybe i should try to become a business analyst? Eh sounds boring just like this post. If you read this far idk what is wrong with you, i am even getting sleepy writing this damn thing!

2 Likes

A bit off topic, but considering the “log in every day” policy, I’m surprised that there are no ads here. You’d think those things would go hand in hand. I know that having no ads on a site is very noble and all, but as you said, giving away free games is costing them money. Since I don’t know how much they’re actually making from their sales it means I can’t really comment, but I would assume that having ads would be better for them than having no ads with the way their store works.

1 Like

Aside from ads being spelled with one “D”, your photoshop skills aren’t too bad. I’ve seen worse.

1 Like