What's Leftover From the Racial Justice Humble Bundle GIVEAWAY!!!! CLOSED FOR DRAWINGS!!! CHECK PMs!

First off thanks @delenn13 for the giveaway :raised_hands: and good luck to everyone!

Time travelā€¦ hmmmmā€¦ I see a lot of times that I could have done different things but yeah, captain hindsight is not the best of superheroes out there.
I remember looking at a forum that gave you bitcoin for posting, we are talking the times where a pizza was worth 100.000 bitcoin or something like that, and I remember telling myself ā€œmeh, its not worth the timeā€

I would travel to 10 year old me and tell myself to do everything exactly the same but just call your parents more often and visit them more, you never know how long they will be there for you.

That being saidā€¦ probably to Wuhan with a flamethrower on December 2019? maybe? get immediately arrested but whatever.

Anyways, as for the gamey games. Lets see.

1. Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  2. Broken Age.
  3. This War of Mine
  4. Spelunky
  5. Hyper Light Drifter
  6. Gonner
  7. Surviving Mars
  8. No Time to Explain Remastered
  9. Armello
4 Likes

If itā€™s allowed, I will go forward and forward and fowardā€¦ till I could witness the end of time or where no one can go back and change my history XD

If not, I could just get back as long as I can, so I can have more time to play games, watch animes, listen to old school musics, to know more about the world and people, make more friendsā€¦ so much soā€¦

• Broken Age
  • A New Beginning - Final Cut
  • The Ball
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing
  • Regular Human Basketball
  • No Time To Explain Remastered
  • Overgrowth
  • Surviving Mars
  • FTL: Faster Than Light
  • Hyper Light Drifter

Thank you for hosting this party of imagination :kissing_heart: @delenn13

4 Likes

Time travel, although just theory and speculations at the moment, is a complicated thing. Some forms of media say something as small as killing a bug could alter the future. Others say if you donā€™t have sexual interactions with your ancestors everything will be fine. Other forms of media donā€™t seem to really care to much (Iā€™m looking at you Terminator) Now one thing I think most people agree on is that if you try to change something in the past it could have negative affects on the future.

Although Iā€™d like to go back in time and maybe prevent the world wars or something, that would probably decrease my chance of actually being born, obviously i wouldnā€™t want that. Also by preventing those wars it would alter the history of many peoples lives, I would not want to impose on other peoples life.

If I could go back and change some things around without affecting several people including myself then there would be many points in my life that I would make changes. Like going back to high school and telling that Gr. 9 self to actually try you can do this. Going back further I would try to prevent various things that werenā€™t exactly the best things people in the past of done. For an example here in Canada, I believe in Toronto there was an operation started by the police called ā€˜Operation Soap,ā€™ which as a summery of that unfortunate event is the police were going around the city cleaning the streets of homo sexual people. As far as I know thats the worst event that happened in Canada, Iā€™m sure theirs more but I havenā€™t been told or taught about them. Moving on, of course the major wars I would try to put a stop to them.

This is probably getting a bit too long but I got more to say so why not. If I could only time travel one way I would travel to 1978 and live the rest of my life from that point. Why you may ask, well the main reason is music. i could live through an entire decade of fantastic music that we donā€™t see anymore. Well we do see remakes that are garbage. Of course also listen to older music from the 70ā€™s to well as old as I can go. (I listen right now to music from the 90ā€™s to the 40ā€™s very little modern music, usually just soundtracks from games)

Iā€™d like to enter for:

1. Overlord II
  2. Titan Quest
  3. Knights of pen and Paper

Thanks for the giveaway @delenn13 and thanks for the whole time travel topic, this one actually got me thinking quite a bit.

I bought this bundle and kept like 5 games for myself the rest although I didnā€™t have them, I just gave them to some friends. Every half hour Iā€™d just drop a batch of keys in our discord channel and let it be a first come first serve basis.

Edit: Iā€™d also travel back to December 2019, buy a ticket to Wuhan China and prevent COVID-19.

4 Likes

If I were allowed to go back in time, Iā€™d just wish I told my past self to not do anything that is hugely embarrassing or would affect my proficiency in some way. Iā€™d also like to use it to find my grandmaā€™s parents just to see them in some form, maybe even help them. Yes, I know these kind of things help shape who we are and all that (I havenā€™t watched Click but I think that was what it was trying to say?) but this is a what if thing, itā€™s just an interesting form of speculation on what would happen instead.
Enough for personal ramblings, as for games:

• Titan Quest
  • Surviving Mars
  • Overlord 2
  • Broken Age
  • Spelunky
  • System Shock
  • This War of Mine
  • Regular Human Basketball
  • Sonic and All Stars Racing
4 Likes

If I could time travel I would go back to my first day of college and tell my past self everything I did right and wrong. I think it would be super interesting to see if with that information I would be in a better or worse place than I am now.

Thanks for the chance.

1. The Ball
4 Likes

Thank you very much @delenn13 for the giveaway!

Well there would be many things I would want to change if I could go back in time, and itā€™s not just limited to one period mind you. But yeahā€¦ I would like to see what the future is like. Maybe a 1000 years into the future would be good. Is space no longer the final frontier? Having been relegated to the pretty much the mundanity of contemporary air travel. Are people living in arcologies? Is it a utopia or dystopia? What is the futureā€™s unexpected yet ubiquitous invention? Like the internet and the smartphone in today. Those kind of stuff I suppose.

And the games I would like to enter for:

1. Kerbal space program
  2. Surviving mars
  3. This war of mine
  4. Broken age
  5. FTL: faster than light
  6. Kingdom: Classic
  7. Overlord II
  8. Titan Quest Anniversary Edition
  9. Broken Age
  10. Endless SpaceĀ® - Collection
  11. Overgrowth
  12. Super Time Force Ultra
  13. A New Beginning
  14. GoNNER
  15. In Between

Thanks!

4 Likes

Of all the games on offer, I have a few already, and otherwise, the only one Iā€™d be interested in, is this one: Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing on Steam

1. Sonic Sega Allstars Racing

Answer to Question:
No. I would not go back in time at all.
However, what I would prefer to do is return to before I decided to leave on the ferry to go to the Celestial, and not go. I would essentially have never been imprisoned here, but that would be for the benefit of all. Such would be reversing a split infinity, and thus has nothing to do with time travel.

Hey, @discobot, did I win? Are you sure you mean to say no to me?

4 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

2 Likes

Entering for:

1. Overlord II

If I were to time travel, there is one specific thing I regret not doing to date in my lifetime.

That would be about May 5th, 2016 at or about 1700 Hours. I was in college at the time and had just gotten done eating at one of the on campus dining facilities (because I worked there). It happened to be finals week and on my way out I met a friend I had made while working there. She had invited me to join them for a Bonfire thing her family was having a bit outside town. Since I had just eaten, I had declined. She offered again, saying I didnā€™t need to eat or anything but to just come and chat, etc. I declined again stating needing to prepare my dorm room to move at the end of the week. ā€¦Yeahā€¦ :man_facepalming:

So I would go back and tell my former self to accept the invitation.

I recently met someone that reminds me of how well we got along and it just kinda stings a little bit. But with growing as a person comes pain, so Iā€™ll just need to work through it. Hopefully someday Iā€™ll cross paths with them again.

I fully expect some people to suggest to go look up this person and find them. Trust me, I tried that. She isnā€™t a social media type of person, so itā€™s incredibly difficult to get back in touch. I honestly donā€™t even know if she has a smart phone tbh. It was a couple of years before I realized I was a dumbass, so all Iā€™ve got is what I think her name is. Considering I canā€™t find squat for that name, I think itā€™s a pretty good guess.

8 Likes

Wow thank you for the huge giveaway! And with such a fun question too.

Time travelā€¦I would have two options. The curious mind option and the make money option.

My curiosity wants to go back to the past and find out the secrets of ancient technology. What is greek fire made of? How was Damascus steel made? What is the secret ingredient in Roman concrete? Stuff like that.

My money making option is just memorizing big businesses before the bust. Like Enron. Putting as much money into the company and pulling it out a year before it collapses.
So there is no suspicion of insider trading. :wink: Picking out lottery tickets? That would be too obvious thoughā€¦I think gambling on sports and races will be easiest to stay hidden. I would also make the bet of who would win presidencies. All in on Trump winning 2016 and at those odds it would be laughable to do so and I will probably bet against the mob so they owe me. You would be surprised on the billions you can make just by knowing even 1 year of stocks history.

1. Armello
  2. FTL: Faster Than Light
  3. Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  4. Titan Quest Anniversary Edition
  5. Overgrowth
  6. Hyper Light Drifter
  7. Broken Age
  8. Kerbal Space Program
  9. No Time To Explain Remastered
  10. Super Time Force Ultra
  11. GoNNER
  12. The Ball
  13. System Shock: Enhanced Edition
  14. System Shock 2
  15. Kingdom: Classic
7 Likes

I donā€™t think the Discobot is working, by the by. Just a heads up.

3 Likes

Iā€™d like to ask Richard McDonald (the creator of macdonldā€™s) what his reaction is to the current state of Macdonldā€™s as a company and businessā€¦ (Sorry I know how odd that sounds :slight_smile: )

1. Overlord II
  2. Faster than light
  3. Kerbal space program

Good luck everyone :slight_smile:

6 Likes

@delenn13 Lovely giveaway! Thank you!

What a nice thing to ponder.

My partner is taking her Phd and her main thesis is based on the metaphysics of time and whether or not time is socially constructed by our collective or individual thoughts/consciousness.

We often speak about paradoxes and travelling back and forth through time.

Weā€™ve just finished watching a Sci-Fi series called DARK on netflix and that really got me thinking and Iā€™ve come to the semi-conclusion that time travel might be possible but to change the path one takes would be impossible. Imagine going back to the 80ā€™s to change something you did e.g. Get in that taxi or not get in that taxi.
If your current time travelling self regrets getting in the taxi so you prevent the taxi from arriving to pick your past self up, then the instant you prevent that means that you never got in the taxi, ever, and therefore should have no current memory of that. Therefore no need to travel back in time to begin because thereā€™d be no regret to begin with thus creating a paradox. Unless 2 realities are created whereby unless you are experiencing your alternate self the whole thing was pointless since it didnā€™t change anything for you.

Also thereā€™s the whole travelling through time is fine but what about space? If you travel back in time the earth would be in a different position in the milkyway which itself would have moved so youā€™d be stranded in space?

I dunno, it all kinda bakes my noodle!

Anyway if I could travel back in time and I had one wish Iā€™d do something to save the Dodo.

I mean look at it! Itā€™s adorable and should never have gone extinct.

Anyhoo! May I enter for:

Super Time Force Ultra
Overgrowth
Spelunky
No Time To Explain
Overlord II
The Ball

7 Likes

If I could travel back in time I would probably go to see Mayan or Egyptian civilizations at their peak. It would be awesome experience for sure

1. Kerbal space program
  2. The war of mine
    3.gonner
    4.FTL
5 Likes

If time travel existed, I know exactly what Iā€™d doā€¦ I think about it every single day.
When I wake up in the morning, Iā€™d turn back time so I could get some extra sleep.
Iā€™d travel back to when I ate some incredible food and do it again.
Iā€™d also have to travel a bit into the future to work off that extra weight though (start doing an exercise and just fast forward? :thinking:)
Could this rule apply to assignments too?
Since Iā€™m smarter now, maybe I should relive high school? Get good grades, donā€™t have social anxiety. Ahh, the life.

Iā€™d love to enter for:

1. Overlord 2
  2. Overgrowth
  3. Armello
  4. Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  5. This War of Mine

Thank you so much for the giveaway! :sunflower:

8 Likes

Iā€™m not that keen to go back and change something but Iā€™m very interested to travel back to key moments in history and witness the truth of what had happened, as not everything was documented and the sparse remnants of history we do know might not be what we think they are.

1. Kerbal Space Program
  2. Surviving Mars
  3. Hyper Light Drifter
  4. In Between
  5. No Time to Explain Remastered
  6. Sonic & SEGA All Stars Racing
  7. The Ball
  8. System Shock 2
  9. A New Beginning - Final Cut
7 Likes

If time travel is possible and I could change something ummā€¦ People keep asking themselves ā€œWhere did I go wrongā€ or ā€œWhen did I go wrongā€ but I know deep down where I went wrong soā€¦ If itā€™s possible, I want to change it of course. At least by doing that Iā€™ll give my mind a little bit more peace and I wonā€™t overthink every single thing. But yeah, I also want to spend more time with my family cuz these days I realized that I havenā€™t really spent family time well. But! I also enjoy what Iā€™ve become now so I wonā€™t regret anything

Iā€™d enter for:

1. Broken Age
  2. Overgrowth
  3. Hyper Light Drifter
  4. In Between
  5. Company of Heroes
  6. Kerbal Space Program

Thanks for the giveaway!

7 Likes

So many games in one giveaway.
EDIT: I personally think if I went back in time, other things might screw up instead. Not only in my life but in the history. So I would like to not change a thing.
The consequences of small decisions / changes were displayed in a movie you probably all know - The Butterfly effect - acted by Aston Kutcher. The movie is built on the theory of chaos - a small change / small event - a butterfly flying may cause a tornado kilometers away.
So rather not want to touch my life or the historical events.

• Thanks for the reminder @PeteMcc. Is te question well answered?
    But there stands a question if you ever went back in time, could you as one person change the history?

I would like to win

1. Armello

Thanks for the giveaway!

5 Likes

I think you have to answer the question @mediiiiiiii.

EDIT: If you are now asking me if the question is well answered I would say so, but I would have used Back To The Future over the Butterfly Effect as the example as it is the far superior set of movies (for The Butterfly Effect I never saw the sequels, though they were straight to DVD and seemed terrible). I love a good time travel movie and honestly the Butterfly Effect is a decent one, but one scene absolutely wrecks the experience for me, if you are familiar with the movie its the scene in jail where he tries to convince other inmates of his powers, it completely disregards their own rules they set up for time travel (this is all from only one viewing of this movie, donā€™t know why it stuck with me). That whole sequence was some pretty shoddy and lazy writing. Rant over, I just dislike when time travel movies do it (BTTF 2 kind of does it as well in one scene but there are ways you may be able to get around that one).

6 Likes

If I could travel back in time, my younger self could need some adviceā€¦ or a beating or two.
He probably would not listen, but still worth a try.

I would like to try Knights of Pen and Paper some day.

Thanks for the Giveaway!

7 Likes