What music are you listening to?

What music do you guys listen to?
I’d like you to be a bit more specific with the genre if possible. I guess some genres are more general… Could also add some artists if you want.

So I’d have to start… Listing some of the more popular bands/artists also, because the post would be too short otherwise… :slight_smile: Or would it :wink:

Older Rock (60s, 70s) - The Beatles, Foreigner, Jimi Hendrix, Pink Floyd, Rolling Stones, Queen
Rock N’ Roll - Elvis Presley
Hard Rock - AC/DC, Aerosmith, Deep Purple, Guns N’ Roses, Led Zeppelin, Rainbow, Scorpions, Whitesnake
Alternative/Nu Metal - Disturbed, Godsmack, Linkin Park(old ffs), Slipknot
Glam Metal - Bon Jovi, Def Leppard, Steelheart
Groove Metal - Five Finger Death Punch, Machine Head, Pantera
Heavy Metal - Avenged Sevenfold, Black Sabbath, Dio, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest
Power Metal - HamerFall, Heloween, Manowar, Powerwolf, Sabaton
Trash Metal - Megadeth, Metallica
Classical - Antonio Vivaldi, Gioachino Rossini, Jacques Offenbach, Johann Sebastian Bach, Johannes Brahms, Ludwig van Bethoven, Nikolai Andreyevich Rimsky-Korsakov, Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

and some Death Metal, Folk, Funk, Jazz, Musical, Rap

…Maybe overdone it, but whatever… :musical_note: is life

11 Likes

Considering this is a gaming site, I think it’s only fitting to mention Miracle of Sound.

6 Likes

I’m really bad at specifying genres and I listen to a fairly wide selection of music I think it’s probably easier to list what I don’t listen to, rap and reggae would be the top on that list.

I’m very fond of video game music of all sorts. Largest single source of that might be the Touhou series of games, there’s a huge selection of music of all genres available based on that game series, most of it Japanese. Notable groups: Crow’s Claw, TAKA, IOSYS, dBu music.

Last thread talking about music I mentioned Overclocked Remix which is a site dedicated to the art of remixing and covering of video game music. It’s ran by enthusiasts and professionals for the purpose of bringing high quality music of a great variety to anyone who wants to listen. My post in that thread, if you want my recommendations

As my other posts might reveal I also watch a fair amount of anime and have ended up accumulating a large amount of soundtracks from there. Most recently I picked up the OP and ED singles to Kobayashi’s dragon maid which are both very happy catchy songs. Most of my anime soundtrack library tends to end up in the Jpop/Jrock genre but there’s a good bit of variety too, take the Jazzy ED for Tonari no seki kun as an example. Other notable groups or artists: Yanagi Nagi, fripside, Supercell, Yoko Kanno probably best known for the Cowboy Bebop soundtrack and Hirasawa Susumu who made the excellent soundtrack to Paprika, movie and OST well worth checking out.

In my youth I also listened a lot to music in the “synth” genre though once again I’m pretty bad at determining what specific genres something belongs but I’ll throw out some random labels like EBM, bitpop, synthpop, electro industrial and such. Main selection I still listen to now and then would be Welle: Erdball, VNV nation, Covenant, Combichrist and Front Line Assembly.

Miracle of sound as already mentioned probably deserve a post of his own, a lot of excellent music been squeezed out of that man. A couple of my favourite tracks would be Wake the white wolf, New Black Gold (of course!), Gráinne Mhaol, Queen Of Pirates and Hell to pay

Well looks like I’m going on another essay length post again and were I to really talk thoroughly about all the music I listen to I’d be writing all day so I’m going to leave it with just a few more words on Jazz, my father played in several small jazz bands when I was a child so that music, especially swing jazz has a special place in my heart. Benny Goodman, Glenn Miller and Woody Herman are good old classics to check out, or for a more “modern” take check out Squirrel Nut Zippers.

Have a great day and thanks for reading.

6 Likes

In the same vein as @Natanel’s post; here’s my list.

• Chrono Trigger - Nobuo Uematsu and Yasunori Mitsuda

• Guardia Millennial Fair
    • Peaceful Days
    • Wind Scene
  • Guilty Gear Series - Daisuke Ishiwatari

• A Slow Walker - AXL
    • Make Oneself - AXL
    • March of the Wicked King - AXL (Yeah, I play Axl a lot :smiley: )
    • D.O.A.
    • Keep Yourself Alive 2 - SOL
    • Writhe In Pain - MILLIA
    • Feel A Fear - EDDIE
    • Suck a Sage - CHIPP
    • A Solitude That Asks Nothing In Return (VENOM)
    • … And the rest f the songs in all the series too :smiley:
  • Curse of Monkey Island - Michael Land

• The Barbery Coast
  • StarCraft

• Main Title
    • Zerg Victory
    • Terran 3, 1 and 2 (in that exact order)
  • Hotline Miami - Various

• EVERYTHING!!!
  • Shadow of the Colossus - Kow Otani

• Frikkin all of it!!! Especially “The Opened Way ~ Battle With the Colossus”
  • Max Payne

• Main Theme
    • Killer Suits
  • Prince of Persia (Sands of Time, Warrior Within, Two Thrones)

• Pretty much all of it. Especially Warrior Within.

Even though I don’t like playing Racing games, I still really really enjoy the soundtracks from NFS and Burnout series :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Oh god yes, the Max Payne theme. I forgot about it. So damn good.

4 Likes

Currently I’ve been listening to the Gorillaz. I’m in love with their new album Humanz. My favorite song so far is The Apprentice. I just love the smooth beat and 2-D’s voice even if he says a couple things. Ascension is another favorite that grew on me the more I listened to it. Sorry for gushing about them but i just really like them

6 Likes

Glass Animals is my thing at the moment, sooo good (Genre: Alternative???)

6 Likes

Ooooh I like metal too. So uh. Specific genres would be something like

• Heavy Metal
  • Thrash Metal
  • Power Metal
  • Melodic Death Metal

And probably more, since I suck at naming things and also forget stuff all the time :sweat:

5 Likes

Any song from In Love With a Ghost, their music is just so calm and soothing ~ヮ~

3 Likes

I love them too. how did you find out about them? I found out when Youtube recommended me “we’ve never met but, can we have a coffee or something?”. Its still one of my favorite songs because it helps me forget about my stresses that day

3 Likes

Thats pretty much the exact same way I found out about them too, while I love ‘‘We’ve never met but, can we have coffee or something?’’ I still think their best piece is ‘‘Let’s walk across this forest, I can feel everything is real again’’ , though that’s just a matter of opinion as pretty much every single song they have is amazing and beautiful (●´ω`●)

3 Likes

Oh yes I love that song. Their music is simply the best and you can’t listen to it without getting a smile on your face. Another favorite of mind is “i was feeling down, then i found a nice witch and now we’re best friends”. Also the song titles are the best,

3 Likes

Since some comments are giving gaming tracks, and some are giving music made for the purpose of individual listening, I will separate my answer into two parts.

For gaming sound tracks I normally fall onto the likes of Bastion, Risk of Rain, and Rimworld. For those who haven’t listened to the OST’s, I would highly recommend all three. And when I am feeling like trash I can always crawl over to some Slivagunner rips (recommend https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYHWuZ2jMtg) and the Xenoblade Chronicles X soundtrack with it’s horrible Japaneese hip-hop, which I find endearing and reminiscent of Gurren Lagann’s Row Row Fight the Power.

For some regular music, I listen to the Mars Volta, Coheed and Cambria, Eminem, Metallica; and for less familiar, I have the electronic-metal, instrumental band, the Algorithm.

5 Likes

Any particular reason you separate soundtracks and other music?

Here’s what I’m listening to right this very minute https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRqVgOxy7cs latest OCremix release, will probably see a couple of repeat listens over the day.

3 Likes

Not really any reason, I just know some people may only be considered with the game soundtracks, so I just split it in two.

3 Likes

This is what I like and play a lot of, on my phone and on the guitar (badly).

Seeing as that may bring some people down, here is what I just listened to on my phone. I recently heard it on Fargo Season 3 and it reminded me of its brilliance, so I got it.

ENJOY.

4 Likes

Older Rock (60s, 70s) - The Beatles, Foreigner, Jimi Hendrix, Pink Floyd, Rolling Stones, Queen

6 Likes

Add some Bob Seger, Rod Stewart, Heart, Box Tops, Frampton, Janis Joplin, Doobie Brothers and Elton John and that would be my list.

5 Likes

I listen to k-pop, rap, and rock :wink:

5 Likes

Just discovered a band and I think I’m in love
Called ‘The Correspondents’, here’s one of their songs

5 Likes