What kind of humblebundle would you make if you were in charge?

I think you’ve just proven how difficult it is to actually create a decent Humble Bundle these days.

5 Likes

I’m upping the ante with the Unholy Trinity bundle:

• Tier 1: achievements non games (pay $1)
  • Tier 2: lewd games (you get what you pay for)
  • Tier 3: “simulated” gambling games, featuring loot boxes galore (sky is the limit)
7 Likes

Stepping it up another level

• Tier 1: Lootbox with random achievements non games (pay $1)
  • Tier 2: Lootbox with random lewd games (you might get what you pay for)
  • Tier 3: Lootbox with random “simulated” gambling games, featuring loot boxes galore (sky is the limit)
7 Likes

Eh. That was a half-joking, half-serious response based on my own mildly hipster-ish interests. I was thinking about similar bundles they’ve had in the past, such as the Capcom x Atlus and Capcom Rising bundle.

5 Likes

CnCNet has been reinvigorating the Command & Conquer games for a while now. The earliest games are free, and there are hundreds of players online.

Some later games can use their servers too if you (gag) buy them from EA.

@Gnuffi, thanks for the nostalgic music!

7 Likes

Only CnC4 is supported by EA. It’s the only one that didn’t use Gamespy, and it’ll be harder to shut down since the game is always-online.

Of all the potential entries to keep alive… why that one?

5 Likes

Easy, it’s the only one they have full control over. The others had the possibility of multiplayer without going through their servers.

4 Likes

There actually is a legitimate reason behind the shutdown-- their other games all use GameSpy (or in some cases, Westwood Online). These are defunct services, and the games shut down on their own. The only one to run on EA servers was 4.

I just find it annoying that of all of the games to be perfectly preserved, it had to be that one.

4 Likes

They only used gamespy for matchmaking, you could still play them over TCP/IP or IPX, which might take a little messing about to get to work through modern routers or tunneling software. But that leaves the older titles perfectly capable of offering a multiplayer experience to anyone without having to go through EA.

4 Likes
  • Tier 1: cosmetics/skin dlc (think borderlands “costumes”/Evolve weap colours)
  • Tier 2: DLC, with some, sorta, ingame content (like borderlands “slaughter domes”/half “semi-expansion”-lite content)
  • Tier 3: The Game (which ofc should be a game that has been sold as GOTY edition for cheaper than the 15$ tier 3 price anyway)
    :smile:

alright so on a more serious note:

• Tier 1: The Bards Tale, Four Sided Fantasy, DeathSpank
  • Tier 2: Phoning Home, Antihero, Resident Evil Revelations 2 “Deluxe”(“complete season”), Chaos Reborn
  • Tier 3: Darkest Dungeon Ancestral Edition
    :smirk:

:thinking: asking too much of devs ? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :man_shrugging: :money_mouth_face:

7 Likes

I’d do a cult classic and old console (ported to PC) bundle if I could, something containing lots of content that GOG spits out for example. With games like Maniac Mansion, old TMNT/Sonic titles, Altered Beast, Mortal Kombat, Phantasy Star etc etc. I’m very interested in replaying games from my past, because I actually loved them.

Others would be something worth spending some hard cash on for semi-modern and modern titles. Like a The Elder Scrolls bundle, with the last tier having Skyrim. The same with Fallout. I’d pay some good money for that.

7 Likes

LAN is completely fine in most of them (it’s disabled in RA2 for some reason).

CnC Online is definitely the best solution I’ve found. I played the entire RA3 campaign in co-op using that… completely seamless, and once you hook the application to the game properly, you don’t even have to worry about it.

4 Likes

If I were to make a Humble Bundle I definitely would not add Insurgency, Red Orchestra, or any other military shooters that the general public are extremely tired of here in 2018. That Arma bundle made me cringe.

6 Likes

Exactly, so the point is, what are you interested in seeing?

7 Likes

My brother and I were very thankful for that Arma bundle. We each got to get Apex for a great price. :sweat_smile: though a bundle with other military shooters like Rising Storm 2: Vietnam, Insurgency, Day of Infamy, Squad, Holdfast: Nations At War, War of Rights, etc etc would be awesome too.

5 Likes

Cringe.

1 Like

What’s so cringy about Arma, if I may ask?

EDIT

@cbd1203

I reached my post limit, so rather than make you think I’m ignoring you like some kinda jerk, I’ll make an edit here to your answer as to why Arma is “cringy”:

I’m trying my hardest to understand the gripe you have, but I don’t see it. So you think that CS are real gamers, but people who buy military games like Arma are not real gamers because of…what? A misconception because you most likely are a huge fan of CS yourself and that is making your judgment biased?

What qualifies a CS gamer as a “real” gamer but not an Arma gamer as a real gamer? Is it the arcadey mechanics of CS and the sandbox military entry level simulator mechanics of Arma being difficult in comparison, or is it the huge popularity that stands behind CS and not Arma (e.i, “everyone agrees with me, so it must be true” argument)?

If this is about quality, how is the quality of the Arma series not worthy of you marking people off as “true gamers” for playing it? It has single handedly catapulted the sandbox early milsim genres into popularity and is continued to be played and adored even today, and heavily modded by thousands of people across the globe even though it is one of the most difficult shooters to get into. Why does a title that like that deserve fans to be called “true gamers” but people who play an arcadey game like Counter Strike are? :thinking:

(CS = Counter Strike, correct? Or am I making an error here?)

5 Likes

Better not to, anyone who goes around declaring things ‘cringeworthy’ rarely have any good reasons. I wish I had the tenacity to enjoy ARMA so you and your brother enjoy yourselves and don’t spare a even half a thought of what anyone else think about it.

4 Likes

I’ve just felt for the past ~15 years that military shooter fans outside of CS aren’t really gamers, but more of a Truck Night type of people. People that kept the market flooded with WW2 games for that painful 10 years of the industry. The genre itself does well because there’s about 300,000 of you that make sure every military shooter title does decent because you all go out of your way to buy every single release you can afford no matter who it’s from.

The same concept that keeps the anime industry afloat…50,000 American guys who buy every anime they can get their ponytails on. If you make anything anime in this day and age, you can guarantee you will move atleast X units, because you will get Dave, Bob, Steve, Timmy, etc. regardless of your anime being good (which normal people will never know.)

Edit: You have to give a guy time to respond. If you want to get rude, I can get even ruder. Nothing I’m saying isn’t a current issue in the gaming community. Most of us are fed up. This is lollypop gumdrop land where everyone’s best friends and no one steps out of line. Steam/Reddit discussions paint a more accurate picture of the gaming community as a whole.

Ah yes. “People who likes things I don’t like are abnormal and stupid and shouldn’t get to have things they enjoy.” Get over yourself.

2 Likes