The Long Dark
The Wolf Among Us
Disco Elysium
Limbo
Valiant Hearts: The Great War
Sanitarium
RAD

6 Likes

All time favorite? Thatā€™s hard. Iā€™ve probably played Chrono Cross more times than Iā€™m comfortable disclosing. Love most of the Fallout games, 3 is my favorite from that with New Vegas being a close second. I tend towards games I can get lost in though I have a habit of never finishing them.

4 Likes

You cannot find yourself by going into the past. You can find yourself by coming into the present.

5 Likes

Favorite game of all time? Thatā€™s a tough one. I donā€™t really have an all time favorite since there are just so many good games. One that comes to mind is Bionic Commando for the NES. Beaten that game like 8 times. Thatā€™s a lot for me to replay a game that many times. Iā€™m sure otherā€™s have played other games many more times on repeat. Havenā€™t played it in awhile. Another one or series of games are the Soulā€™s games. Those games are just so damn good. I know Iā€™m not the only one who is a huge fan of the series. Everytime the soulā€™s games are mentioned, I always want to pick them back up. Theyā€™re that good.

6 Likes

Heh. Got Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin. Getting the paws on the originalā€™s Remaster is mega difficult. I really want to see the doggo with the sword in his mouth. :heart:

4 Likes

This is always a tough question.

Butā€¦

I always find myself going back to Mega Man X, and Doom (OG)

Both of these games really still hold up today. MMX is still a very solid game, controls are super tightā€¦ still.

And looking at the Original Doom, the source code is out there, so thereā€™s 1000ā€™s of ways to play it. Personally Iā€™ve taken a liking to GZDoom and running the Doom Zone mod. It adds character classes, new weapons, animations, enemies, alternate fire modes, grenades (not an additional wepon, just press a button to toss one like in most modern shooters)

I very highly recommend it. Iā€™ll even give you the resources to get the stuff yourselves from a safe place.

https://zdoom.org/downloads

Select GZDoom.

Then you can add it to your steam library, and run it with the doomzone.pk3 launch option.

Not to mention, you can also run Heretic, Hexen, and Chex Quest as well in GZDoom.

Also even supports VR.

5 Likes

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
Mini Game Doge 2048 | SSF3

4 Likes

Shinobi III Mega-Drive

5 Likes

Well I have many favorites game, but If I had to pick one itā€™d be, hands down, Borderlands 2.
From the loot system, passing through the story, the memorable characters, its unique sarcastic humor, the gameplay and the settings, everything was well crafted to keep you attached to this game and enjoy its wonderful experience.
Donā€™t get me wrong: I also think Randy Pitchord is a despicable human being but I think heā€™s probably one of the main inspirations for the creation of Handsome Jack, whoā€™s one of the best and most hateful villains youā€™ll ever see in any media. He is our real life Jack, and if they ever decide to make a movie based on the Borderlands franchise someday he should totally be played by Randy.

As to quote Tiny Tina: ā€œBlame the player, not the gameā€.

Overall, this is the best game Iā€™ve ever played in my whole life, and Iā€™ve finally managed to buy it after so much time during 2020ā€™s Steam Summer Sale, finally paying my ā€œdebtā€ I had towards it and 2K Games.
If you see it on Steam or anywhere else buy it, in special The Handsome Collection. You wonā€™t regret it.

4 Likes

This question is not so hard for me. My favorite saga always has been Crash Bandicoot and if I have to chose only one game it would be Crash Bandicoot 2 : Cortex Strikes Back. I beat that game at least once a year :grin:

5 Likes

What about drift hunters? I found this game pretty coo lately :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

It has to be Starcraft :heart_eyes: I played that game for like 20 years. Sadly the playerbase dwindled eventually and there was no one left to play with. However, the story of Starcraft was 50% of why I love the game.

My other favorites are Guild Wars 1, the Creeper World games, Starcraft 2, Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines and Doom 3

5 Likes

^One of the best games of all time!

4 Likes

Actually, I like to play RPG games and ā€˜Divinity: Original Sin IIā€™ is one of my favorite. But recently I just started to play Zelda using a SNES emulator. Really friends I just fascinated playing the game.

4 Likes

Tis so Wonderful. I also like Threads of Fate, but only got to play it once.

3 Likes

I played SNES Zelda and never finished the thing. I was probably too young but I couldnā€™t find where to go next no matter where I went. So I spent weeks just wandering the map over and over until I gave up and went back to Super Mario World and Ogre Battle.

PS. How in the world did you find our hidden exclusive forum of super cool people?

3 Likes

Itā€™s a tie for me. And I mean that truly honestly.

Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy VI. <3

4 Likes

I liked those games too! But I never finished FF7 because of the death. I was so sure that if I completed everything and did as much as I could, she would resurrect or something. It is such a common JRPG trope so why wouldnā€™t it? It is in so many JRPGs! But NO! It is impossible.
Years later I watched the ending in a lets play but its still unfinished in my PS1 memory card.

Also, a close friend of mine played FF7 at the same time as I did. He ragequit right after the death. Looked up the same conclusion and didnā€™t bother continuing. At least I played most of the game compared to him! hahahaha.

4 Likes

FF7 is also pretty good, yea! That scene youā€™re talking about is probably the best scene in the entire game. So unexpected. :sob:

4 Likes

I also love this game. I still have the case of the game + The Brood War Expansion. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Unfortunately Iā€™ve ā€œdownloadedā€ the sequel and beat it. However someday Iā€™ll be able to buy it from the Blizzard store like I did for Borderlands 2 and Saints Row.

5 Likes