What is a little detail in an old game that you miss?

am i the only one that deletes a game when i’m done or if i realize i wont play it anytime soon again when not having played it for a good while?? :thinking:

6 Likes

Probably, yes. :laughing:

ADHD, can’t stand waiting for installs, and I will never realize that I won’t play a certain game any time soon because I’m always bouncing around so much! I like to keep my options open.

4 Likes

I have been uninstalling a lot of things lately myself. My favorites though kind of stick around on my computer, even if I won’t play it for a while.

2 Likes

Nope. I uninstall anything I’m done with. Anything that is either tiny, or I feel that I have unfinished business with sticks around. Unless the game is awesome…in which case it gets a place on my hard disk regardless.

4 Likes

Rik Mayall being the voiceover for your game is what I miss.

3 Likes

Started playing Killer Instinct. Found out they’re selling costumes in-game for “KI Gold” purchased for real money.

I was pleasantly surprised to find no DLC listed in the store page, and I thought, oh I can get behind this. They hid it from me!

I seriously miss the days when we unlocked costumes through progress. Beat story mode with character X to unlock a costume. Beat story mode with character Y to unlock character Z.

These are different times we live in…

3 Likes

I’m actually a huge fan of the way KI did their pricing. I think it’s something that actually could have helped Street Fighter V, and maybe even saved Marvel vs Capcom Infinite. You can unlock outfits in-game just by playing, they’re locked based on what your character’s level is (purely cosmetic of course). KI Gold is the easy way to bypass progression, kind of a given as the game is technically an F2P (not that Steam users would know, since they never ported that version -_-). I wish MvC Infinite could have taken KI’s model of $10 or $20 seasons if it could have kept the game alive long enough to bring us a Season 2.

There were three seasons for the game, with the game originally launching for $20 and each season charging the same price. No season in particular is required, and at least post Season 3, you can play one character rotation and Jago for free with the added restriction of no costume unlocks (your progression is still tracked for after you buy something). You won’t have to worry about that, of course-- KI DE is all three seasons bundled together with a few extras, including new Gargos skins and the Xbox One Rare Replay versions of KI1/2.

If you didn’t have any interest in most of the characters and JUST wanted one character to main, characters can be bought individually for $5 as well. This counts as owning the game, also unlocking progression.

It might be a bit bad looking at first (just talking business model-- the visuals and audio are objectively perfect), but KI was refreshing for a modern game, especially one calling itself an F2P. The arcade mode, Rivals campaigns, and Shadow Lords (btw, Shadow Lords is incredible as a singleplayer fighting game experience) will offer plenty of things for you.

Really, my biggest reason for loving KI is that for a “reboot,” it may as well be KI3. It continues from the previous games, and most importantly, respects its source. The characters are all exactly what you could hope for with a new KI, with the exception of Sabrewulf (who ripped off his robot arms and became an insane dark-magic junkie between 2 and 3 :man_shrugging:). Every theme mixes in the characters’ classic themes and traits with a more modern Mick Gordon-y sound, all dynamically changing based on their moves. Their ultra combos are all based ON their musical themes, and do some ridiculous things to the backgrounds.

They even brought back Announcer Chris from the classic games, since he’s still at Rare! Everything from the pitch shift, to the stuttering sound effect on Breakers, to just absolutely losing his damn mind when an Ultra happens. He’s mixed in with another announcer, with Chris chipping in most of the time and Announcer Mike jumping in when the hype scale is too off-the-f___ing-charts.

Who said it was just KI characters that were represented well? RAAM uses his Kryll to attack and swarm, Arbiter can use a Covenant Combine with RT and Plasma Grenade with LB (plus he’s voiced by Keith David), and Rash… well, this is as “Rash” as it gets.

1 Like