What game do you always go back to?

I own hundreds of games on steam I have never played. Not only like freebie types, but ones I actually wanted at some point. When I get around to beating one, it takes me FOREVER to start a new one. Why? Because I tend to go back to games I’ve already beaten numerous times. My safe go tos are usually Civ 5, Star Dew Valley, and Baldur’s Gate 1 & 2. Sometimes I dab a little LoZ Link to the Past and Secret of Mana if I’m really suffering from analysis paralysis.

EDIT: I’ve also quit WoW roughly 8 times now. I will not get this new expansion! :crossed_fingers:

17 Likes

I’d say cs go and rocket league.

7 Likes

This is one of my go to… along with a bunch of Mario games–the older ones…

By the way, I am very excited about the Secret of Mana remake, I hope it does the original game justice. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I am too! I really hope the music score is also amped up a bit (like the way they did Ducktales :heart: Moon Theme) ! I actually have the OST as part of my playlist!

7 Likes

That is definitely some good stuff! :slight_smile:

By the way, too bad I am out of likes, got to wait until some more reset within the 24 hr limit…

8 Likes

Skyrim, I’m gonna finish that one day.

9 Likes

Skyrim, I’m gonna START that one day.

8 Likes

Steam tells me I have 765 hours (that’s not counting the time we had no internet for 2-3 months and the play time didn’t update)

Once I finish it I can then start the Special Edition they gave me. Yay!..?

PS Welcome to the forum

8 Likes

765 hours / 24 = 31 Days. Impressive! So maybe I should start it so it also becomes my most frequently returned to game!

And thank you! :smiley:

Edit: One of my steam friends told me to stop throwing away my money and told me about all these deal saving sites! I’m a sucker for communities :slight_smile:

10 Likes

i for one find this community quite pleasant :blush:
welcome, hope you enjoy it as much as we do :hugs:
(ps, :trophy: for awesome bio :+1:)

11 Likes

Thanks! Hey I can anyone tell me how the flagging system works? Oye this is embarrassing. So my one reply I deleted it so flagged it to undelete so I can just edit it (which is what I was trying to do). So they fixed it YAY! But not I keep hitting that spot on the lower right of that post “notified moderators” vs You flagged this for moderation. IM SORRY MODERATORS!!!

I’m what you call a hot dumpster fire …

6 Likes

flagging a post you hit the “flag” icon, and mods take a look at it, for whatever you decided to flag for
but, there is no need to flag a post to edit or restore a deleted post (as long as it’s not passed 24hours)
to “restore” your post, you just hit the “rewind” button (only appears if you have deleted a post)
to edit a post you merely click the pencil icon (the one in the lower right corner, not top right)

basically you can’t do much wrong when hitting the … “expand menu” thingy at the bottom, because you can just undo your action, and flagging is usually only needed where it’s probably obvious bad conduct posting

6 Likes

Going back to a game I’ve beaten is a much smaller time/effort commitment, so I often find myself giving old games a poke instead of getting through my backlog.

It seems that Binding of Isaac is my stand-by game for when I don’t want to be productive.
Less frequently, I replay my favourite part of Half-Life 2.

I have a number of other games I’ve replayed multiple times, but those two are my big “I don’t want to work, I CBA to start up a new game, what should I do?” games.

8 Likes

World of Warcraft, with every expansion I keep coming back and level my main character to the new level cap. After that I disappear for a while and raid, raid, raid. for a couple of months… After which I quit WoW and wait for the next expansion. :hushed:

8 Likes

I would have to go with Deadlock II one of my all time faves to fall back on, but currently the Binding of Isaac has been filling me with an adequate rage level. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

7 Likes

@harith aye! Also stardew Valley is my zen game :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Path of Exile with 1197 hours in. I took this league off because i needed a break and i didn’t really care for the new league mechanic. I’ll probably go back in a month when the new league is suppose to be out.

7 Likes

There it is :smiley:

P.S. what’s your opinion about the recently implemented level scaling? Personally, I don’t like it one bit. Here’s what I’m talking about.

7 Likes

I thought it would be cool since I hate cata but loved MoP . Don’t get me wrong, I thought both xpacs were kind of weak, but the music and aesthetics of MoP were really beautiful.

7 Likes

For me it’s always Quake the last 20 years … and now recently is Dark Souls 1 - prepare to die mainly 'cuz of the PVP there. It’s really complex and deep in mechanics. Can’t wait for the remaster in May this year and I hope they don’t fuck it up like dark souls 3

10 Likes