What are you reading, watching and/or listening to?

Netflix is in rather dire straights, even if it s4 was planned to be the final one they would demand it continues because it’s the only thing they have that really blew up big time and has maintained it’s popularity over time.

3 Likes

Season 5 of Stranger Things? >.< @Rhyagelle Are they really trying to clean up the story lines or just milking a good cow?

@sewcraftyme Metallica we defo. have in common. A little of Audioslave too, I knew of Chris Cornell as a soloist before the group. Rest his dear soul.

The King Arthur trope is usually too love triangle and cringy for me, so I hope The Winter King will be a good one for ye. ^^

Those free books sound good. You know I’d go right for Horror myself. XD I don’t have the patience to try too many new authors lately though. Can’t hurt to have a gander so big preesh for all the sharing, Ila. :heart:

4 Likes

They planned originally for S4 to be the final with S3 production, but it was too big of a story so it had to be split. And after seeing S4, I’d agree with the approach. With S5, the story will be concluded though.

4 Likes

is skeptical but hope so and that it will be worth it. So many series I started on Netflix, so great, but then fell so short. T_T

@sewcraftyme Found a few horror and few with BL romance too. Idk when I’m gonna read, but the short stories horror ones likely will the first, heh.

What I been watching?

• “Gotcha!” moments from Columbo - missed a few episodes it seems. O_o

• Crack videos of a drama I’ve not watched in entirety due to the rampant feels. sniff sniff (Fake subs for scenes, etc)

• Beyond Evil – on Netflix, binge over a few days. Excellent from beginning up to the end. The very last dialogue between the MCs hit my brain like? WTF. That energy is… wrong. :thinking: Howevah! if you like mysteries, gritty characters and being confused by twists and turns every single episode, give it a try. Note: it’s not BL - that’s not all I watch, lol.

• New music from said crack’ed videos and a few recommends from our dear @xx00nxx.

Caveat: Lyrics a bit explicit.

4 Likes

Free books are always good. Thanks @sewcraftyme :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation:

3 Likes

This post by a fav author of mine is in response to all the bullshit that is going on in the States of America - it is for everyone despite its title:

Please share if you can. Her name is Mary SanGiovanni.

3 Likes
OLD

Eminem, 50 Cent, 2Pac, Biggie - Without Me (Remix) ft. Snoop Dogg, Dr. Dre, Ice Cube, Eazy E - YouTube

This channel is packed with great remixes.

EDIT

- YouTube

EDIT

2 Likes

I cant get enough of this song :

I really hope to get a chance to see them live someday but it is always a bit tricky with bands from USA as they mostly only go for big metal festivals here in Europe .

5 Likes

@DontBeSilly I like the guy’s voice mein sloth, but I can’t hear him well over the music. Gonna try find another version.

Why they named after an elephante?

Update: This one is clearest to me. I really really like the song too. purr

4 Likes

3 out of 4 members do the singing in this band and not just back vocals or something but full leads,so yeah. But i mean that is part of their style,a lot of songs has these … ‘less clear’ vocals ? If you will :smile:

3 Likes

Yah, I know that for the bridge, at least 2 of the fluffs are singing. I just mean, I literally couldn’t hear/make out ANY of the words because the volume of the backing track (the instruments they are playing) is way too loud.

My hearing could be faulty. Just saying that in your linked video, I hear that awesome riff, and the singers might as well be whispering. The video I found, everything was clearer. Myrr.

3 Likes

Yup,fluffs do sing nice.

Anyway i have this list of bands to see live before i die. Tool , Gojira and Mastodon. Only managed to catch Tool so far. Two more to go hehe.

3 Likes

I don’t think your life span is going to be the primary time limit in play here. Question is probably going to be for how long the will still be putting on live shows. I hope you manage to get to it, wouldn’t advice putting it off if the chance arrives.

3 Likes

@DontBeSilly Btw, you reminded me of Metallica with the San Fran. Orchestra live. Good stuff and it’s great listening to again. purrs and hugs sloth :heart:

This song is basically The Sinking City/Call of Cthulhu.

3 Likes

This is a story right here or the beginning of one… You miss some great songs when you just put the ones you like lots on repeat.

4 Likes

Yeps. It is very easy to just stick to few bands you know and be stuck there for eternity .

In recent years i really started to try and listen to more various artists even if most of them do not stick .

3 Likes

Know those feels. Some of them even make mein ears cry, like the production is sucky, or the lyrics get crammed into too few bars, etc. Still, found a good few gems through random Spotify recommends and FMV on Youtube as well.

Want to risk exploring some more Grunge and Metal.

2 Likes

What kind of metal have you enjoyed so far? Maybe i can recommend something. I’ve been listening to it for good 20 years now.

3 Likes

purr pets sloth :heart:

I think the only sub genre I may not like outright is Death Metal. I dunno the names of every kind, but hey, recommend me some bands and like you said, happy to give a listen, even if all of it doesn’t “stick”. purrs

2 Likes

Currently live, 70s/80s japanese city pop karaoke special.

2 Likes