What are you reading, watching and/or listening to?

That was Warner Brothers fault. They kept threatening to cancel it. So JMS took their threat seriously and just finished his story the 4th season. Joe had a plan for 5 years and they made his think he wouldn’t get to finish his story so he just “did it.” I mean one episode to take over Mars and Earth? He could have stretched it out for 5 months or so. He just winged it the 5th season as he had already told his story. We all lost out because of WB. I remember calling the head of WB at his home and bitching… I first left a message and then he called me back. Then he asked how i got the number and I said the internet and he hung up on me…LOL

I don’t think there is romance. They are kids. It’s supposed to be slanted towards the tweens and possible younger if they watch with a parent to explain things to them. It’s a great way to get children into the Star trek universe and from what I have read they are actually doing the Moral issues that ST is known for. I am hearing a lot of adults are watching it and have enjoyed it.

If you are really nice to me, you may find a surprise in your PMs after I watch it… Anyone else need a surprise???

3 Likes

It’s honestly for kids and teenagers. I haven’t really noticed any romance, but I guess the two main leads could lead to that, but then again…most Star Treks have had romance stories in them. So it’d fit. But the show seems to be focusing more on the two main leads and their issues, so there’s that. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Squee! I love surprises. Not from Windows though. It started whining about me freeing up space on the drive last night.

@Rhyagelle I don’t mind relationships. I loved watching Delenn and Sheridan get together in spite of the odds. It’s the “love” triangles and quadrangles that make me cringe.

3 Likes

Well it is branded as a Nickelodeon show, after all. It’s hard to have anything that goes more intense than Avatar and Rise of the TMNT

Star Trek: Prodigy currently streams exclusively on Paramount+ in U.S. and Australia, and is coming soon to Paramount+ in Latin America and the Nordics as well as to Nickelodeon international channels, which are available in 180 countries globally. In Canada, it airs on Bell Media’s CTV Sci-Fi Channel and streams on Crave. Prodigy is distributed by ViacomCBS Global Distribution Group.

3 Likes

Oh! Well, nothing like that. I think it’s worth a shot, even if it’s targeted for kids and teens. I thought it was pretty good. lol

3 Likes

Send me to the peaceful place, Wardruna.

4 Likes

So! Gotham on Netflix.

I was so impressed for the first half or so. On episode 17 of Season 1 and it’s still watchable but it sets the teeth to grind a bit.

They need to eke out
the character development and work up to the villain’s origins in ways that make sense. I get that. However, for both the Riddler and Penguin, the trigger situation themselves seem more contrived than: yeah, I can see that happening. ><

The Penguin esp., ends up finding his dad. Good dad and he dies not long after they started bonding. The stepmom and her kids are Cinderella level of evil and so when they all get killed, the only thought was: well, that was convenient. Good thing not one of them was worth saving.

The Riddler set up is even more flimsy. Sigh. Harvey Dent has showed his Two Face early on and hot dog with crushed chips, the actor genuinely frightened me.

So we have a great cast, what seems to be a script slowly on the decline and me, who won’t watch a whole show for one character is likely done with this series.

Also, the BD Wong character and all that storyline so frivolous and annoying. In what world can one man decide that a criminal is now sane and release them into the world. No advisory board, nothing. Just open the door for them. >double sigh<

Am I picky and harsh? Yes. There are so many pretty things we can watch and read. Time spent on Gotham much better used otherwise.

That is a beautiful find you got there. ^^

2 Likes

Also, also a character named Puck with given name of Peter. No explanation of nickname. The actor looks more like a cherubic mochi than a hockey player.
A small bell rang so I looked it up.

Gotham’s Puck is idealistic and believe his fragile self will safely do 6 six years in prison in general population. Keep the hope. He also tried to stop a guy intent of beating Gordon to death with soothing words. >Sigh<

Found this online:

Puck represents the difficulties of love, the power of magic, the nature of dreams and the relationships between fantasy and reality

Tell me you read Shakespeare by slapping me in the face with a fresh fish.
Then expect me to get hit in the feels when the cute lil mochi moch dies.

Summary

What? No. No. No. Nonono GIF - What No No No No GIFs

2 Likes

Stranger Things S4 has been great. The final 2 episodes of S4 won’t go live until July, so it’s a long wait. I had some qualms about some things, but overall, I liked it a lot. The new characters are really good, too.

2 Likes

I hope those last eps are hella good. Whenever it’s another season with unanswered questions AND they bring in new characters, I figure that you’ll getmore distractions, less integral story. Hm.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Here is a blog I follow and read because I find it interesting - I met the creator on Twitter

@Brimshack

If you like seeing wildlife who have the right of way at a 4 way stop he has the photo proof due to where he lives - and he lives where I have always wanted to live.

SoundEagle

This link takes you to a page on the blog that does interesting things with words, one of my favorite things. @markwr Not many puns here that I recall but you still might enjoy taking a look.

Who could use a hug from your significant otter? Be sure to listen to this.

Has anyone told Batman yet? Robin has gone full blown pink.

Yes I know I’m not funny but given the way things are going in the US it’s either this crazy stuff or I’m going to do something insane.

I think I’d like to live in Iceland. Or Scotland. Or somewhere that is sane.

Time for another cup of coffee. Wishing all of you a wonderful day.

4 Likes

A song that hits hard.

5 Likes

He hits hard too, walking into people, lol. Love them.

3 Likes
4 Likes

Smashwords Summer/Winter Sale now underway; Exclusive deals on 79,000+ ebooks!

# Throw on some swim trunks, pour some hot chocolate—it’s the 14th Annual Smashwords Summer/Winter Sale! The 14th Annual Smashwords Summer/Winter Sale has begun, running now through July 31.

Readers! July is crazy—it’s summer in the Northern Hemisphere and winter in Southern Hemisphere. But either way, July means it’s Smashwords Summer/Winter Sale season—our largest ebook sale of the year!

Visit the sale at Smashwords – Sitewide Sale

What to do if your budget is shot? You’re not alone.
Here’s a list of books tagged #FREE :confetti_ball: :tada: :partying_face: :tanabata_tree: :sparkler:

8,679 Books Tagged #FREE

I forgot to add this - books can be downloaded in these formats:

Formats available

with something for everyone (usually). I went right for Horror by one of my favorite authors of the genre:

Stephen Leather

who has NO filters - you have been warned.

Have fun, and enjoy the long weekend if you are in the States of America.

I just finished a book by Dolly Parton which was very good - lots of :joy: humor & :blush: sex.

Next up is my annual 4th of July read

Boys Life

Boy’s Life

I learn a new lesson about life every time I read this excellent book.

After that, I have The Winter King by Bernard Cornwell to read. This is a book about King Arthur the man that goes beyond the traditional legend of romance and chivalry. The Winter King is the first of 3 books in a series about Arthur. I’ve always loved to read about Arthur and his knights.

I am listening to Bob Seger’s Greatest Hits, Bruce Springsteen, Rage Against the Machine, Anthrax, Audioslave, Poison, Gunners, Slipknot, Metallica, Ozzy and a few others on my playlist.

So what are you reading, watching or listening to?

4 Likes

Stranger Things S4 (didn’t mean 5, oops).

What do I think? :thinking:

MASSIVE SPOILERS

This tested my endurance for pain and grief a lot.

What an incredible season. Absolutely freaking amazing. The performances from the cast, especially the younger cast, was beautiful and heart breaking. The range Max’s actress put out, and Lucas’ actor. 5/5 shit there.

And that ending…

EVEN BIGGER SPOILERS

I was crying so bad. :sob:

One more season to go.

I don’t know if I will ever be ready for it. :skull:

3 Likes

I saw season 3 of stranger things and thought it was getting really weak and kind of stupid. Is s5, 4? a return to what made the first season great? Because if it just continues the way it has I don’t think I’ll bother.

2 Likes

Season 3 was pretty bad compared to the rest. It had its moments, but definitely the weakest link. And yes, in my opinion, S4 took it back to its roots and amplified it hard.

lmao

I meant S4 above xD

3 Likes

I thought this was the last season? They confirmed more?

3 Likes