What are you reading, watching and/or listening to?

2 Likes
4 Likes

What?! MACROSS has such amazing music! Whatever this anime is, perhaps I should watch it!

4 Likes

Yeah Macross is a very good anime, you should totally watch “it”.

5 Likes

is that a kingdom hearts diagram? @_@

4 Likes

Among the old popular anime franchises, this one is is pretty small and concise by comparison.

3 Likes

from Noir, I tried to first listen to the OST playlist on YouTube, but a couple of songs are either blocked in the US or deleted, so I decided to link just this song instead.

3 Likes

3 Likes

may or may not have stumbled into a deep dark well of an anime that tripped me up and pulled the rug under me… @_@ so much for glancing at a description :no_mouth:
fair to say Kaifuku Jutsushi no Yarinaoshi’s “summary” did not completely prepare me for what was in store

3 Likes

I’m absolutely in love with the MACROSS sound track. I’ve listened to it so many times, just completely relaxes me and sends me into a good mood. There are a ton of other similar anime OSTs on Youtube too, so I’ve been having some fun finding them. :slight_smile:

If any of y’all got some to suggest, please share em, I’d greatly appreciate it! This sort of thing is one of my favorite genres.

EDIT

5 Likes
4 Likes

Paranoid
Black Sabbath, 1970, Rock “DAMN THAT WAS A LONG TIME AGO”
Rock ‘N’ Roll Racing, Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock (Stephen Ouimette cover), Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock (LIVE version w/ Metallica) (Lars Chapter)

R’nRR-SNES

Stephen Ouimette Cover

4 Likes

I know I posted this before, but wanted to bring it to anyone else who might be interested, as I am listening to it while working right now and having a grand time, though I won’t comment on my work efficiency… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Link should be a whole playlist:

5 Likes

Almost Easy
Avenged Sevenfold, 2007, Metal
NFS: ProStreet, Rock Band 2 DLC, Guitar Hero 5 DLC

4 Likes

Just started a late 90s Isekai anime, one that is said to be realistic. It’s called Ima; Soko ni Iru Boku. I gotta say, the animation is what stood out to me the most. I really enjoy the 70s, 80s and 90s art style of animes, but episode 1 has been pretty good beyond the art.

EDIT

WHAT the forum deleted my Japanese name for the anime! lol I fixed it

5 Likes

@Rhyagelle If you like that old-school art style like me, there was a recent anime that pictured said art style and it’s getting a second season soon.

No idea if it’s your kind of genre. I really enjoyed it when I watched.
Megalo Box is the name.

6 Likes

Oh, I’ve watched Megalo Box. So weird, I remember watching the anime. Hmm. Well, I’ll have to check it out again. xD

EDIT

Shu is the definition of a gentleman.

4 Likes

I’ve been watching a lot videos from the Youtube Channel Gvmers. They make documentaries about the development of games.

These are two that I just watched:

4 Likes

Yup , pretty nice channel to which i’ve been subscribed for at least two years now. Only thing which i’m a bit sad about is that they’ve changed their format from an hour long documentaries and retrospectives to shorter 15-20 minute videos recently but i guess you have to follow youtube’s algorithm so survive.

Still, really nice channel which i wholeheartedly recommend checking out.

4 Likes

I’m enjoying it very much. Although they’re good documentaries, by the time I’m finished watching one I feel sad because they’re almost about franchises that are either dead or dormant for the foreseeable future.

3 Likes