What are you reading, watching and/or listening to?

Finished watching the anime maojou de oyasumi and started watching Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari

5 Likes

Tate no Yuusha was such a great series, one of those I had trouble breaking away from and watched it through in 2-3 days. Greatly looking forward to it’s upcoming seasons.

I hope you have a good time with it.

5 Likes

Thanks
It’s great so far, yea the only worry is going through the episodes too quickly haha

4 Likes

awesome little psycho princess :grin:

loved that one, can’t get enough :ok_hand:
and i rub my hands with glee each time i see some anime snob review complaining about it or professing how it shows the isekai format is dead or that Shield Hero doesn’t break any new ground and is transgressing worse because of that :laughing:

5 Likes

I have really no idea why there seems to be so many people out with some sort of personal vendetta against the shield hero. To some degree it almost seems like the story of the series repeated in real life some how.

5 Likes

me neither, :man_shrugging:
and from what i gather, tho that ofc might be obvious/biased from western googles, is that most of what dislike there is comes from the west, specially those that include various level of “wokeness”, omg did they take issues with it :joy:

i recall loving reading an early review where the reviewer took big umbrage with the “slavery” thing completely missing the point in Shield Hero/Raphtalia’s case it was as a means of helping/rescue/“improving the sht situation she currently was resided to” :rofl:

5 Likes

Right, so, I know that season is kinda over at this point, but I still got this album stuck in my brain. It’s the Christmas album swedish power/symphonic metal band Majestica (formerly known as ReinXeed) released this year, and gosh it’s just beautiful.

Here’s the full album as a YouTube playlist:

Especially the song “The Joy of Christmas” just melts my heart.
And usually I’m such a grinch about this whole holiday, but this one… chills. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

“Hindsight is always twenty-twenty, but looking back, still a bit fuzzy. You speak of Mutually Assured Destruction!? Nice story; TELL IT TO READER’S DIGEST!!” ~Dave Mustaine, from…

Sweating Bullets
Countdown to Extinction
Megadeth, 1992, Metal
Guitar Hero 5, Rock Band 2 DLC

4 Likes

Going to work and back, I’m having tons of time to listen to audio books. Managed to actually sink time into them, started up the Stormlight Archive finally. I really love it except, to be honest, Kate Reading (one of the narrators). It’s really hard to understand her…

4 Likes

Listening to one of my favorite radios right now to celebrate the new year:

3 Likes

Clone Hero Rewind Two Thousand Twenty: (removed for whatever reason)

CW: Discussion of death and radiation sickness stuffs
I actually wonder how much torque it would take to lift and remove the semi-lead, semi-dead, semi-irradiated hunk of scrap and place it in a better containment facility…

3 Likes

Kami-sama ni Natta Hi …
holy sht that took a turn in a different direction near the end :no_mouth:

4 Likes
4 Likes

The Slavery was meant to be semi bad tho it was how the world was corrupting him (cultural standards) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: and also making most of the situation at hand
Even if kinda creepy lol
Either way it shouldn’t affect the whole review xP

4 Likes

i don’t agree, i think (at least from the Anime pov) that it was pretty clear there was nothing cynical about it, and it was with good underlying intentions - which becomes clear when he offers to free her
^since there was literally no other way to get her out of there, as he didn’t exactly have his amazeballs skills to just burn the “shop” down (and he stood nothing to gain with a sickly little child slave)

and it wasn’t really a “review” it was more of a “woke” scathing/“reasons why muh animu is badz and Nippon should sensitize”

4 Likes

True but it’s still a reflection of the nature of the world, even with good intentions in a better world there wouldn’t be slavery to begin with. He was through circumstances put into choosing it and yeah though he did it in the kindest way possible it was first and foremost to have a tool rather than to save her. He was still acting as a customer even if it is also for his position as a hero. That doesn’t make him bad ofc.

And he went in feeling betrayed and unable to trust anyone so slavery did have a particular appeal.
Also she was the cheapest even if he did feel he had to save her from her fate and all the responsibility to look after her and train her up.
The good feelings sort of come just a tiny bit later on imo.

I guess I just agree with the guy with the weapons shop and how the world has put a lot of darkness and weight on him. Like how Myne affected his Trust.
But yeah later he climbs back up and becomes stronger than ever. Overall yeah the slavery in the beginning means very little in the anime and getting her out was a good thing. As well as the fact he is acting as the good guy.

3 Likes

The problem overall is that some people view everything in a very black/white manner they can’t see context or nuances. A show features slavery it’s gotta be bad! The context doesn’t matter, doesn’t matter whether it’s featured in a positive or negative light and I believe we can all agree the show doesn’t try to make it seem like a good thing.

People just knee jerk react and make a big deal out of nothing and then double down, always double down, can’t ever admit you might have made a mistake or give anything a second chance.

4 Likes

I’ve been watching Planet Earth with my SO and I love these documentaries :3
Especially the bird mating dances xD

5 Likes

i watching at the moment boku no hero academia

5 Likes

Me too, I’m almost done with season one of My Hero Academia and so far I love it.

5 Likes