What are you reading, watching and/or listening to?

If you like it, definitely try watching Season 1 and 2.

One of my favorite things about True detective is that is really knows how to use its screen time wisely. Like Mr. Rogers it is a show with gaps and pauses but not silences.

2 Likes

Yes, anyone who hasn’t yet should definitely watch True Detective S1. Truly one of the most marvelous shows ever created (and Westworld).

Anyhow, I finished a show called The Kettering Incident on Amazon only to realize the show did not get picked up for another season so now I’m stuck wondering…so yea, there’s that.

I also, against my better judgment, watched Gerald’s Game. I just knew it would be subpar, I mean it is Steven King (unpopular opinion but there, it is said), but it had my girl in it so I had to watch it. It went predictably. King even through in his generic “monster” theme for the sake of it late game, which really felt out of place, but what’s new with his work huh?

Once I sit back down, gonna watch Lady J on Netflix. A film about a lonely widow getting her revenge against a womanizer (period piece) who just uses anyone he pleases for whatever he wants via the only methods available to her given her status sounds absolutely perfect to me. :smirk_cat: just hope it ends the way I think!

3 Likes

Watched the Gaga doc, Five Foot Two. She seems like she’d be an incredibly lonely person. Also…bowing intensifies…

4 Likes

(I listen on Spotify so unfortunately I gotta give ya lower quality lol)

3 Likes

So, anyone else took a bite of this?

I am quite impressed, even though it’s just shorts, the art quality is amazing. My favorite so far (I’m just 5 epi in) was The Witness

6 Likes

I mentioned it here…It’s on My things to watch list…

https://206.81.1.216/t/free-ebook-at-tor-the-collapsing-empire-the-interdependency-book-1-by-john-scalzi/15914/2

5 Likes

Listening to this https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/42434.Sandworms_of_Dune so i can close the DUNE story :3

3 Likes

My body is ready…

4 Likes

shdfg

3 Likes

I’m currently listening to the usual swath of podcasts on my commute - Castle Superbeast, Not Another D&D Podcast, and Pratchat are the three I usually have on the “can’t miss” list.

Music-wise, the movie Bohemian Rhapsody has re-kindled my love for Queen, so I’ve had them in heavy rotation.

TV-wise, I haven’t been watching much. I’m still catching up on The Expanse and re-watching Stranger Things in preparation for season 3. I’m about to dive in to Game of Thrones, so wish me luck on that one. Also, as soon as Netflix sees fit to bring Neon Genesis Evangelion out, like they promised, I’ll be all over that.

Reading has been eating up the majority of the free time not taken up by gaming. I’m dipping back into James Clavell’s Shogun, since it’s been forever since I read that, and I’m also diving back in on Dune, as the last time I fully read that was back in high school. Currently, I’m working my way through the third book in The Dark Passage series by Jerry Knaak, The Dark Terror. It’s a series about a woman in modern San Francisco that is turned into a vampire, and the series gets all dark and gothic from there. Full disclosure, I know the author, and even if I didn’t I’d say it was pretty good. If you want to check it out, he actually has the first book available for free on Kindle.

3 Likes

can’t really figure out where i am on Kemurikusa… and this latest episode just made it even more weird for me :thinking:

3 Likes

Seems weird. Worth watching?

3 Likes

tbh, i can’t really decide
it’s like 10-11 episodes in ?, and one moment i’m like “wow, hot trash”, and the other, “okay decently cute”, and then “wtf is this” to “colour me curious” -:man_facepalming:
the animation is definitely not pretty tho… seems like they sorta did that weird cheapo cgi attempt reminiscent of beserk s2…
idono might just be me… i think it’s weird, slightly iffy, but not totally unbearable that i’ve stopped watching for some reason -honestly couldn’t say why i haven’t dumped this yet :thinking:

4 Likes

The OA Part II.

I started to like it, a lot, especially with Karim.

And then they put in Old Night and it got WEIRD real quick and I just…why? Why the hell did they put that crap into this? :neutral_face:

EDIT

And it only gets freakier and freakier. :confused:

4 Likes

Love this band!

6 Likes

Watching the last two episodes (5 & 6) of Doom Patrol, and it’s great. I love how its bonkers, super funny, but it has its serious and endearing side as well.

Also…

spoilers

The apocalypse happened via a Rapture like event and they people sorta got “snapped” away like Thanos’ ability, only it was a thousand times more emotional. And it is a comedy with a lower budget. :joy:

Also, poor Jane. :frowning:

4 Likes

There was another thread with a guy asking for horror movies to watch and I recommended “The Thing” and after doing so I got an itch to scratch and rewatched it, boy was it good, anyways, googling this and that as one usually does I came across this little gem of a one off audio story.

Its basically a short story of the movie but from the aliens perspective and oh boy is it good, I would highly recommend listening to it after watching the movie so you can remember who is who by name but otherwise its %100 listenable if you dont remember the names of the peeps. I dont know if it will make any sense if you havent watched the movie at all.

4 Likes

They’re one of the few old MDM bands that are still relatively dependable. At the Gates are also generally pretty good…not many of the old guard left putting out decent stuff though. Partial to the Character album myself.

5 Likes

I listened to slaughter of the soul and it is awesome! Thanks @xist for another awesome band I can add to my repetoire :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I love MDM bands. They are so good!

2 Likes