War Gamez Bundle at Humble This Week- Undecided

Anyone jump in on this one? I am undecided…

Current BTA price sitting around $4.

I think I might do that for Mercenary Kings in Tier 1 and 8 Bit Army in Tier 2.

10 Likes

I have no opinions. Sorry. I am not really into all the war games.

4 Likes

No worries…

I am sitting here thinking whether it’s worthwhile to get the Tier 2, I am definitely sold on Mercenary Kings in Tier 1, it looks like Metal Slug, with online Multiplayer, and recommended by @KSib.

6 Likes

tier 1 for me only
not really interested enough in 8bit armies to pay 3$ extra and not keen on any of the others either
but 1$ for Mercenary kings? :thinking: sure thing :+1:

4 Likes

I’ve played a bit of Merc. Kings and it’s pretty fun for a while. Gets a little repetitive at some point. I’d really like to play it in MP with someone at some point. So please do let me know if you fancy having a go.

8 Likes

For me it’s only worth the Tier 1 as well for mercenary kings which I thought we sold here on Chrono once, but it seems I made that up completely!

4 Likes

Looks like there’s been a free update too, a couple of months ago, on a 4 year old game, I am definitely good to try it out on multiplayer some time, once I try it out and get the hang of it. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yup another game to add to my ever expanding Local co-op library :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Well, Tier 1 it is, helping to lower the average for my fellow gamers who may want the second tier for a fraction of a penny lower…

6 Likes

well… would ofc help if there weren’t those strange 25$spammed purchases too :thinking: :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

When I click on it at the refresh time on the dot, there were 18 bundles sold, Avg still $6. with 5 $25 sales already. I think they are preprogrammed in, maybe there’s some incentive at Humble for folks to pay preorder $25. Like employee incentives or something…

4 Likes

Seems more likely to me they are fake sales that humble add to the stats in order to bump the average up at the start.

4 Likes

One of those Doh! moments…

I accidentally activated Insurgency on my account… A game I never intend to play… Was talking to someone else when I clicked reveal and redeem… Ahh!!!

5 Likes

I already have mercenary kings so no reason for me to get this bundle anymore. It’s alright for that price, but @Fraggles made a huge understatement when he said it gets “a little repetitive”, it’s extremely grindy. I have 12h on it and really couldn’t play it anymore (far from the end afaik).

4 Likes

I have 16h and while I wouldn’t say grindy, the premise of the game’s design is to run a handful of levels over and over with different goals to achieve while also collecting loot to build new guns out of. I found that game play pretty satisfying and something to dip in and out of, run a map or two in a sitting. No real investment required.

4 Likes

Mercs for a quid. Sold

4 Likes

I always thought they were people that accidentally bought the bundles at that price since the default is $25.

6 Likes

And I always thought it was people making anonymous donations previously… But what I see today makes me think differently…

4 Likes

i thought “both” -all 3,
the main thing that has always puzzled me tho, (since “if” it’s just humble adding to test a released bundle “works”, it’s a non issue), is if/when it’s “real” people, either accidentally buying or intentionally donating… if they actually remember to move the “choose where the money goes” sliders?? :thinking:
-cos otherwise they are just “donating” to devs/humble, since the sliders are auto-set to give humble 20% and the charity just 15% -meaning any intended “donation” just ends up overpaying for the games otherwise…
i especially ponder this dilemma when i see the 100$ or above purchases… (unless that’s “the 4th option” and is some cc scammer that just dgaf) :thinking:

4 Likes

Mercenary Kings is a weird game.
It looks amazing but gameplay is not for everyone. Here are a few points that I consider important:

• It’s certainly not Metal Slug - crafting is a major point and it has a fair share of “collect 10 bear asses” quests. Even more when you want to get specific crafting materials for a specific gun.
  • Very often you have to be careful and take it slow not to take damage but timer is ticking and it’s pressuring you to go faster - I’m not a fan of this mechanic and I find it pretty annoying.
  • Enemy variety is not amazing but passable
  • Level variety is not great. They’re fairly spacey but there’s only so many of them. There are a couple of levels per episode and you just keep going back with different objectives
  • Gun variety is amazing. Every gun is crafted from different components like barrel, ammo, etc. Each component has an effect on the gun performance and you can create guns that feel really different - from pistol with exceptional firepower but tiny clip to an energy machine guns or rocket launchers that have elemental effects.

Overall I’d say playing and beating it with a friend was really enjoyable. But I don’t have any desire to play it alone.

11 Likes