The Steam Awards - What games did you nominate?

Its this time of the year again it seems. oh how time flies when you spend time on this lovely forum
So what are your nominations? Please do share! I am a bit tired now and can’t think of suitable games for every category so i was hoping you would help me out:)

9 Likes

Took me awhile to just find games i thought were interesting this year. I haven’t played any of them other then Euro truck but with the other choices I had streams and reviews of to decided what I felt they should be awarded for.

6 Likes

I never participated in these steam award nominations.

Do we have to own the game to nominate the game?

I see the blank box to search the store. But can I nominate a game I haven’t played? Though that doesn’t make sense, I also rarely buy games the year they are released because they are full price.

Though I never thought about it. If people can only nominate games they’ve played and the game meets a threshold for sales, it would replace the 2020 game awards in December. Except voted by gamers instead of companies. Would be nice…

4 Likes

You do not need to own the game to nominate it. You can pretty much nominate anything, some limitations apply like I think you have to nominate an actual VR game for the VR category. But for “Labour of love” I will nominate Hollow Knight all years, every year.

7 Likes

I’ve added all the random games I could think of. :joy:

Edit: Silly me. I could’ve shared the link instead, lol. :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

fixed that for ya

4 Likes

Mark of the Ninja would get Game of the Year all years every year, that any of the Witcher games didn’t get it and those years it would get the “Most innovative gameplay award”

5 Likes

how dumb is it that u can’t nominate the same game for more than one category though? That makes zero sense at all. At first, I thought it was bugging out cuz every time i nominated Hades for an extra category it would delete the previous one, but i didn’t realize that immediately cuz i would only see it every time i thought i was finally done nominating :joy:

9 Likes

Yeah running into that issue right now, I can’t think of any game that has any real “innovative gameplay” and the best I can go for is Outer Wilds but that one deserves game of the year.

6 Likes

i got u bud; it’s all good :joy:

i could agree on the innovative gameplay for Outer Wilds though

4 Likes

There’s nothing innovative about Hades, they have certainly polished up old formulas and systems to a glimmering sheen but there’s nothing new there.

Be better off nominating Runescape, that game DID do a lot of innovative things… back in the day, but it’s re-re-re-released now so that still counts right?

Thar we go

Nevermind the VR one, just typed 2 random characters in the search and picked one. I have no basis for selecting a VR game, open to suggestions though.

5 Likes

I disagree with that. I feel the way they weave a story into a rogue light is very innovative and groundbreaking. It’s what makes the game so good. So awesome to discover the story as you go through the motions, and rly kept it fresh.

5 Likes

Here’s mine, didn’t really take too much to think and if I did, I probably would change my mind on a bunch of these, and I would rather just let it be, lol!

6 Likes

Here are my nominations:

4 Likes

@YQMaoski Protect your proverbial posterior Mr. Reviewer sir… there’s a new reviewer in town.

*oldest to newest

:boom::point_left::cowboy_hat_face::point_right::boom:

6 Likes

:slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Yeah, that’s pretty annoying. I kinda wanted to split most categories 2-way between Deep Rock Galactic and Risk of Rain 2 (may be Hades as well but I did not play this one yet) and toss the VR award altogether.

5 Likes

Not Yet ™

4 Likes

I cant even participate because it seems that i havent played enough new games lately , lol.

5 Likes

playing the games is not required
you can nominate any game that came out this year (on steam)

4 Likes