The Steam Awards - What games did you nominate?

5 Likes

You can pick games you haven’t played, but for some reason, some people can’t pick specific games in really odd occurrences.

5 Likes

It is some what fun to see what games other people nominate, but most games i have played released this year is on itch.io.

6 Likes

yeah, like you can’t choose Star Wars Squadrons for best VR game cuz Valve just can’t have Half Life Alyx not win that category this year. :joy:

5 Likes

What’s funny is that I couldn’t pick Alyx to start, was very surprised, picked one at random and later it let me edit it in…

4 Likes

Townscaper is really well done and super fun. I am hoping for missions/campaign style levels in the future instead of a single sandbox…

3 Likes

I can’t help but notice no one else is nominating helltaker for best soundtrack and I can only imagine someone would make such a mistake by simply never having heard it.

So there you go, you can thank me later once you’ve changed your nominations. : )

5 Likes

I can’t remember exactly, but I did nominate Horizon: Zero Dawn and Squad, as they are honestly the only ones I care about earning awards for their quality. Phasmophobia I put under VR, in hopes that the smaller category, helps it earn what it deserves. The game is insanely fun, and so much potential.

6 Likes

I will wait til tomorrow when I am fresher and can think clearer.

2 Likes

thank you for sharing everyone now i just need something for the game of the year…

2 Likes

My picks:

5 Likes

Another thing that saddens me is the amount of HL:Alyx votes in vr. Yeah, it’s well made… but feel like it’s so bland and uninspired. I find Phasmophobia way more interesting tbh.

3 Likes

but this is about what is the better VR game overall though; would u argue that phasmophobia is a better VR game overall?

that would be a pretty big stretch, no?

4 Likes

I feel sheepish in saying that Alyx was the first VR game that came to mind, and I put it down. I don’t have VR, so I just chose it blindly. I think 95% of people who don’t have VR who want the badge points will probably pick at random or whatever first came to mind. I also knew the good reviews Alyx did receive, so I didn’t think too long or hard to try to come up with something else.

6 Likes

i watched a full playthrough of it; it’s a pretty good game, and it has half life going for it, which is neat; i would’ve voted for Star Wars Squadron instead because that is such a fit-in for VR and the implementation is wonderful, the design of the cockpits and the game world beautiful, but i’m fine with Alyx too i have to say

i watched tons of phasmophobia as well and played Squadrons myself

4 Likes

I’ve seen a fair few streamers play Phantasmaphobia and while it has it’s fair share of jank and it reminds me of original source engine in looks it does seem to be a pretty decent game without VR and I can’t even imagine what it would be like with.

5 Likes

I’ve only done a few nominations, mainly because most of the games I have played (and have in my library) do NOT fit the qualifications for the award event.

I nominated this one for Labor of Love: (as I did the previous year because the devs are still working on it)

4 Likes

No, it won’t be a stretch at all. I judge games solely on enjoyment and while I had very limited exposure to both (don’t have VR, my friend was showing off his new toy) Alyx left me totally cold and Phasmophobia got me interested. Yeah, it’s janky and weird but IMO it’s way more interesting.

4 Likes

My nominations.

I haven’t actually played Doom Eternal yet but I’ve watched loads of it. Same for the OST nomination, haven’t played it but I’ve heard good things about it.

6 Likes