The Recipe Thread - share your kitchen wonders!

How about the game Sifu, then?

4 Likes

This is another recipe of ours we like pretty much year-round.

I’ve donated it to various functions raising money for charity and I do include the recipe with it. When we could go to the drive-in movies I’d always make a bunch of it to take with us.

Enjoy.

5 Likes

Cool idea for popcorn. Not for me cause of the stick in teeth bits. Bet its good though.

3 Likes

Yea, those squirrel teeth can be tricky.

4 Likes

A dad joke: Make a dentist appointment at 2:30 (at tooth-hurty). :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

This is an insane recipe, and makes a cake that’s just plain stupid, but if you like sweet things, especially peanut buttery and chocolatey, this cake is out of this world…

I have made this cake twice for my wife, and I am pretty sure I cut back on the actual sugar content, but you can make it to your liking too. I think overall, this cake just cannot go wrong, unless you serve it to diabetic…

I also skipped the peanut brittle

Anyway, this is one of those cakes that you probably shouldn’t make more than once in a year, even in dialed-back quantities and sizes. But man, it’s soooo good…

I did find a picture of the 2nd one I made:

8 Likes

I am Hypoglycemia and I could feel my sugar level rising just looking at this.

I love peanut butter and chocolate.

Thank You for this recipe. I’ll save it and try not to make it more than once a year.

5 Likes

Oh my dear God, that would put Mr. Delenn in a diabetic stupor for sure. :rofl: But oh it’s looks divine.

This has some neat tricks in it.

5 Likes

That is a great list of ideas to try. I saw a comment at the bottom that also makes sense:

“While these are great hacks, adding nuts or fish to things as a “secret ingredient” is not a great idea. I have family members who are INCREDIBLY allergic and while I’m sure it tastes delicious, PLEASE tell people when you’ve added something”.

4 Likes

A friend of mine added curry to spaghetti sauce. I was sick for 3 days.

2 Likes

I tried something new and weird I don’t think anyone have done before. I took some random vegetables, cut them up and put them in a pot with some water and herbs. Boiled the whole thing for a little while and I ended up with this really quite flavourful wet salad.

Turned into a surprisingly quick and easy lunch meal.

On a more serious note though, marjoram seriously underrated herb, really heightened the whole thing.

2 Likes

Been developing a dish for myself, though not so much a fixed recipe as more of a foundational concept or method to work with. Pretty much just put stuff in a pot and boil it. This was today’s variation:

Most of what we’ll be working with.
Celery, Carrot, Broccoli, Onion, Garlic, Red pepper, Tomatoes, Bok choi and Rice. But really this is a use what you got or get what you want. But also trying to look a little at balance here. We’ve got a starchy root vegetable in the carrot, a bit of protein from the broccoli. I hear leafy greens are good for you, not sure why but bok choi should work. Peppers and tomatoes for sweetness and celery to stink up the place.

Also got some left over chicken, quick guide: Get chicken, cook it, don’t eat all of it.
Take a wild guess at the sizes each vegetable should be chopped into in order for them to all cook in the same time rice does.
Saute the onions and celery with some salt until soft, add garlic for a minute or so, get the rice in and toast it for a few minutes then add however much curry powder as you see fit and let that go for a minute before adding boiling water. Time for some more guesswork, how much a water do you usually add to the amount of rice you decided to use? Well use more, the vegetables will want some too. Are using a lot of very watery vegetables, might need less then. Do you want the final result a bit soupy, creamy or dry? Well you get to figure it out, I think I added about 3-4dl and got a pretty nice creamy result, but that’ll depend on the rice you’re using as well.

Salt is nice, should probably add some more. Rice and veggies all need their fair share, don’t overdo it though can always add more later on. Dump the rest of vegetables in there too, except the leafy bits.

Well that looks pretty nice doesn’t it?
Leave it to simmer for like 15 minutes or whatever.

Put the leafy greens in, spread the already cooked chicken on top and let them steam to warm up ~5 minutes.

Give it a gentle stir, taste for seasoning and adjust as desired.
Dump it on a plate, or just eat out of the pot, it’s fine!

Ok so it isn’t the prettiest meal you could make but it is tasty, healthy and as a concept infinitely variable and you can easily scale your macros up and down as you see fit. But best of all, it generates just about the least amount of dishes possible.

4 Likes

Instructions unclear, ate all the chicken

It’s very similar to a dish we have here called “Galinhada”. (Galinha = Chicken)

4 Likes

Decided to give a low carb effort a try and roasted some cauliflower with enough herbs and spices to shame the colonel. Fried up a chicken breast and threw together a simple side salad as well.

Certainly tasty but something feels pretty odd about having a meal with no primary starch source involved. I’m not exactly hungry afterwards, but there’s definitely a satiation discrepancy.

4 Likes

Today I roasted a piece of pork tender loin along side some carrots, onions, garlic cloves and asparagus as well as some stewed mushrooms.

This whole idea of low carb meals is a bit weird, but after a couple of days of trying it I no longer feel like anything is missing.

4 Likes

That stewed mushrooms is looking more mouth watering than the pork

3 Likes

They were quite wonderful indeed.

For today’s unconventional dinner I decided to take a hike and grill some sausages out in the woods.

Just getting things started.

Appetizers are served. Brought some peppers to char and tzatziki as a side.

Once I had a reasonable bed of embers it was time to get the main course started.

On the way home I spotted Dana, but she pissed off up a tree and pretended not to notice me. Ah well, we all have days like that some times.

9 Likes

I was after your lunch, but you ate too fast, so myrr. I ran up tree to squeak at you in hissy-fit.

4 Likes

I maed this

You can maek too

I wish I had a good camera to take nice fud pictures :c
Also, I did with some leftover fondue cheese, not with parmigiano

6 Likes

It looks pretty, but many of the things not good for this squirrel to eat. Hm. Hope the sloth ate lots and lots. ^^

4 Likes