The Recipe Thread - share your kitchen wonders!

Just inconvenient and an expensive way to heat the apartment. No physical pain was involved.

4 Likes

@Pylinaer Me so glad you no had anything blow the F up.

@delenn13 Ooohā€¦ shiny pieces. ^^ I need to visit your cooking, I mean, Canada. XD

@Enki No force on earth can save cookies from us. Happy they were tasty. Wanna recipe share?

4 Likes

@blomvik None :laughing:, it was regular with small chocolate pieces, in this second attempt I used vanilla essence, chocolate chips and no brown sugar (hence the light color)

@Danacscott You wanna share recipes or you want me to share the one I used? :face_with_peeking_eye:

5 Likes

The one you used my fluff. Last time I baked was last Christmas: a chocolate cake. Mixed it by hand so it came out a bit ā€˜heavyā€™ but it was pretty good in taste.

4 Likes

@delenn13 I take it you like the air fryer then.

@Enki I have some cookies in the freezer with pistachios, fennel seeds and lemon, they turned out sooo god.

4 Likes

:cookie:

• 110 g Soft Butter (Reduced to 100g in 2nd attempt and didnā€™t melt it, ambient temperature)
  • 75 g Brown Sugar (Swapped with condensed milk in 2nd attempt, half a can or 200g)
  • 75 g White Sugar
  • 1 Egg (*Not used in 2nd attempt)
  • 175 g All Purpose Flour
  • 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
  • 1/4 tsp Salt
  • 100 g Chocolate cut into pieces (More is probably better, used Chocolate Chips in 2nd attempt)
  • Vanilla Essence according to taste (Used in 2nd attempt for flavouring)

Melt the butter and let it cool down a bit, mix it on a big bowl with both sugars using a hand whisker until it turns into a soft cream, then add the egg* and mix it. Give a little stir to the flour, baking soda and salt, then keep adding it to our sugary cream bowl at 1/3 each time and mixing, use a wooden spoon or something similar to stir, until it becomes a more firm cream. Add the chocolate pieces and give a final mix. Cover the bowl in plastic film and leave it at the freezer for about 30 minutes to make the dough easier to handle.

After it rested in the freezer, scoop some of the dough and with your hands roll them into a small ball (in the first attempt I made them too big, around 35g each, but the second time I reduced to 25g and 20g), these need to return to the freezer for about 1 hour (the first attempt I only left them for 15 minutes and that was clearly not enough and probably why they spread so much, they need to be frozen and you can probably keep some balls frozen if you want more later).

Pre-heat your oven for a few minutes before taking them out of the freezer, now the tricky part is the temperature, because it differs from oven to oven, in my case I baked them at 205Āŗ Celsius for 20 minutes. Use some baking paper to avoid them sticking to your baking pan, unless you have a really good baking pan. :laughing:

Thatā€™s all, Iā€™m still learning how to make these better, so donā€™t take this recipe for granted, if anyone has some advice Iā€™d appreciate. :kissing_heart:

@edit 3rd attempt

Swapped white sugar for 100g brown sugar + 200g condensed milk, changed to 115g of ambient temperature soft butter, added 1tsp of cornstarch, m&mā€™s + choco chips to look more fun for kids. Mix sugar and butter, then add the cond. milk and vanilla essence to mix. Stir the dry ingredients and sieve while adding to the cream mix. The cookie balls stayed in the freezer for 8+ hours this time, can leave overnight. Bake for around 12 minutes if you prefer a soft middle, 15+ minutes for more crunchy.

4 Likes

@Danacscott My kitchen will welcome ya :hugs:

@blomvik Yes, I do. I usually canā€™t fry anything because itā€™s not healthy. With this fryer I use a little or no oil and get the ā€œfryā€ effect and taste. Crispy and delish :yum:

@Enki Sounds good. :heartbeat:

4 Likes

Squirrels welcomed in kitchens - as it should be. ^^ :heart:

@Enki Imma give this a try, differs from what I did way back when but it sounds interesting. ^^

3 Likes

What about on Fridays?

3 Likes

Mooooore! :smile:

Changed the recipe a lil bit again with these, I think they will look great for my niece 1st birthday :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Looks nice!

5 Likes

@Enki Those look fluffy and soft! Did you sneak in baking powder or something?

4 Likes

Yummy :revolving_hearts:

4 Likes

No :laughing:
Iā€™ve added the changes I made at the end of the recipe post

3 Likes

A delicious cake for when you donā€™t feel like a nut:

Almond Joy & Mounds Candy Bar Ad 1977

mounds cake.JPG

I made 3 of these and donated them to a bake sale at the library about 5 years ago.

I am still getting calls to make more of them.

Enjoy.

4 Likes

My daughter found this delicious Chicken Enchilada recipe somewhere on the web - Iā€™ve listed her changes first. She is a Mainer born and bred and for some reason, they donā€™t like anything the least bit spicy.

Enchilada sauce is replaced by One 15 oz can of Italian Tomatoes
She adds one package of Taco Seasoning
No beans
No onions but uses fresh chopped garlic of the same amount
No green chiles however there are some in the Italian Tomatoes
I add Cayenne Pepper to mine when itā€™s served

If you are interested in this and have a problem reading the recipe please let me know and I can repost it in individual pngs instead of the format I chose. I use Irfanview and when I clicked on the recipe it opened it in a larger image. Here I clicked twice in order to be able to read it comfortably.

These are especially good in corn tortillas if you can find them. Often we canā€™t so we have to use flour tortillas.

Enjoy. Despite my daughterā€™s changes, this is yummy.

5 Likes

Iā€™ve had this block of tofu sitting in my fridge for far too long having no real idea what to do with it, not even sure why I bought it to be honest. Other than having never had tofu and curious about trying it out. Well decided to make a Tom kha soup and figured since itā€™s such a protein agnostic recipe tofu might just work out.

Iā€™ve heard tofu is meant to absorb a lot of flavour from itā€™s surroundings, but I canā€™t say it seemed to managed to do so here. All in all the tofu seemed kind of pointless both from a flavour and texture standpoint, but it wasnā€™t offensive either. Tom kha is always good so this turned out pretty well either way. Might get better as the tofu gets to sit around in the leftovers.

7 Likes

Does look very tasty indeed.

Though i like to marinate tofu a bit , use some flour and ā€˜roastā€™ it . Adds that nice crunchy layer to it.

4 Likes

Got it. Thanks @sewcraftyme :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation:

4 Likes

Tofu. Thatā€™s kind of like Kung Fu except you kick foes with your toe instead of your foot, right? :shushing_face:

NOTE: I originally mistyped ā€œkickā€ as ā€œlickā€, sorry about that. :roll_eyes:

5 Likes