The Recipe Thread - share your kitchen wonders!

Meant to reply to this earlier. I use a lot of recipes from Cooking Comically (the book and website)

Here are a couple that are outside of that that I have variations on:

Garlic Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes

Stir Fry (using water)

I think this one I ended up actually removing the pepper. And I think it’s actually closer to 1/2 a pepper if you do add it.

Fruit Smoothies

But where are the quantities?
1/1/1/1
I would use frozen fruit for the chill factor. Yogurt should also be vanilla flavoured
The combos I know are as follows:

• Strawberry Banana
  • Mixed Berry
  • Tropical Blend (Mango, Pineapple)

I have the ingredients list for snicker salad, I just need to figure out the ratios.

I also have one for what I call Hot Dish. However, I am busy making sure I’ve got the spices ratios correct. (I think I also forgot to get the tomato soup for it today :frowning: )

6 Likes

@Pylinaer said to revive the recipe thread, so here we go:

The recipes that I’ve tried before:
Creme brulee
(YouTube link)

Tried it with my friends and it worked pretty ok! Just don’t be dumb and pull it out of the fridge 20 minutes before you’re supposed to pull it out (we totally didn’t make that mistake :P)

There is a more simple recipe over on Tasty (link), for all of you who don’t want to deal with a bajillion ingredients flying around.

Dan dan noodles
(YouTube link)

Tried it, I messed up because I forgot to prep everything before hand and ended up wasting time chopping up things instead of cooking. Came out pretty ok, though (the flavor was pretty good!)

Recipes I haven’t tried yet, but will do after quarantine:
Honey Mustard Chicken w/ broccoli and pearl onions
(YouTube link)

Adam Ragusea is a king. Easy for beginners/someone who’s getting into cooking.

Black beans with cilantro-lime brown rice and pickled onions (also from Adam Ragusea)
(YouTube link)

Meatless. Easy process and should be filling!

7 Likes

I suppose if I suggest to start it up I should also post something.

It’s a good thing I did because it was missing an ingredient - Salt.

Hot Dish

Ingredients:
1/2 16oz box of Elbow Noodles
1/2 Small Onion
1LB Ground Beef
2 Cans Tomato Soup
3/8 Teaspoon of Salt
3/8 Teaspoon of Pepper
3/8 Teaspoon Garlic Powder or 2 Cloves of Garlic

1. Boil Noodles according to taste.
  2. Chop 1/2 Onion and garlic cloves (if chosen)
  3. Add onion, garlic, and beef into pan. Cook until beef is browned.
  4. Once noodles are done, drain pot, and wash off noodles and pot out.
  5. Add tomato soup, beef, noodles, pepper, and salt into pot.
  6. Cook on medium/medium low until hot.
  7. Serve!
7 Likes

I’ve been making this quite a lot recently. It’s really easy and tastes delicious. I don’t like cheese very much so I don’t include that, instead finishing the pasta with a tablespoon of butter to give it some creaminess. Also I only use half the water it calls for because it really doesn’t need so much. Also it’ll work with pretty much any pasta you use but it’s best if it’s a shape that the chickpeas can fit into. I use Rigatoni

9 Likes

Looks something I could try, except I really shouldn’t eat that much tomato based stuff at once - reflux.

4 Likes

Uh… I can make cake, I guess?

6 Likes

I got Apricot Orange Chicken in the slow cooker and I got to do bills. So hold down the fort, everyone :heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation:

Chicken…

Mix all of this and pour over chicken:
1 cup of French Dressing.
Entire jar of Apricot Jam
1 cup of Orange juice
Package of French Onion Soup Mix
2 tbsp of Dijon Mustart
Pinch of salt and pepper and parsley

Cook for 4 hours on high.

If you don’t have Onion soup:

HOW TO MAKE ONION SOUP MIX:
Mix together the following to replace one packet of dried Onion Soup Mix

1/4 cup dried onion flakes
2 tablespoons low-sodium beef bouillon granules
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon parsley flakes
1/8 teaspoon celery seed
1/8 teaspoon paprika
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
I make this onion soup mix recipe in bulk and use about 1/4 cup of the seasoning in place of one packet. By volume you’d think it should be more than 1/4 cup but the onion flakes make pockets where the seasoning goes, so about 1/4 cup is perfect.

Or French Dressing:

HOW TO MAKE FRENCH DRESSING:
Whisk together the ingredients in a bowl or combine in a small food processor or blender.

1 cup olive oil
2/3 cup ketchup
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup white vinegar
2 tablespoons grated chopped onion, with juices squeezed out
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon Kosher salt

7 Likes

I checked my electric for this month for my tiny apartment and my bill looks like it’s going to be astronomical again this month. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Watplr, I have no idea why the forum thought I was replying to you when I deliberately used the highlighted text quote function

4 Likes

I get an email about once a month or so from Creative Homemaking. It has all kinds of tips and recipes etc. She is from Idaho.

Here are just a few of my favorite homemade mixes, you will find many more on her blog.

4 Likes

Forgot to share my new year’s eve result, some points to improve since it was my first attempt with this recipe, but it was yummy :smile:

6 Likes

Care to elaborate what is happening here? Bread+Potatoes+Cheese? :smiley:

3 Likes

It’s pork loin with taters, covered in spices :laughing:

3 Likes

I improve, yes?

6 Likes

Exactly my thoughts :clap:

4 Likes

I made cornbread in my airfryer in the cast iron skillet. I need to remember to take pics. It turned out delish…

3 Likes

First attempt at baking cookies, they didn’t turn out pretty but were very tasty :yum:

They thought they would survive by sticking together :laughing:

5 Likes

Nice!
What flavours did you put in them?

5 Likes

I just ordered this stuff for my air fryer. I haven’t used my oven in over a week.

4 Likes

I managed to bork my oven by leaving it on overnight. The heat took out the door gasket and now it won’t heat in the range of 250 to broil non inclusive.

4 Likes

Ouch. That has to hurt.

3 Likes