The OT Thread!! Post Here When You Feel The Need!

Too early to say for sure but i get Pink screen with Display Port . Internet offers 0 solutions so i will have to look for someone who can test it on different system.

4 Likes

iā€™m so boredā€¦ and i canā€™t sleep :unamused:

2 Likes

That old Trump campaign video is why I donā€™t trust mainstream media, nor Silicon Valley social media, except as a source of entertainment, and oftentimes, not a good source of it.

Yes, current events included. COVID-19 is a dog and pony show. Of course, the planned economy killer is very real, and no one is denying it because they donā€™t have to at this point.

Yup; until I see reliable info from non-corporate, non-government sources, I have no reason at all to believe that thereā€™s a pandemic thatā€™s killing people like how itā€™s being described. You can keep your ā€˜tinfoil hatā€™ nonsense comments to yourself, thanks; I donā€™t just take the words spoken by news outlets and by government sources (both have proven to be liars countless times), I do my research and my due diligence, and of course, if I am sick, I donā€™t go anywhere except (maybe) to dreamland/sleep. If I have to go places whilst I am sick, I do take the best preventative measures I possibly can, which includes a face covering that isnā€™t plastic.

Yeah, being sick is no fun. Glad to only have to deal with such every now and then. Iā€™d rather deal with that than a heatwave though. High heat, plus high humidity and high dew points equals misery for everyone. Blech. Barf.

But dame da ne though

I think I agree to a certain degree. If I were to get legit news usually, I get it from my own national news sites or those that are less likely to be inaccurate (again, as you said they have been caught lying before) like Reuters or AP. The others I usually take a grain of salt, especially if it spread to social media I would take some extra precaution usually.
There are websites like allsides or the flip side compiling news sources, but unfortunately they are limited to events that are in the US or directly affect them, so I donā€™t think I would go there as regularly as I liked.
As for government sources, itā€™s a sometimes sometimes thing. Like yeah sometimes they are a resource for proper or at least better information but other times they are used to spread crap down your throat.
I donā€™t personally agree with your viewpoint about the pandemic, even if there is some thing i agree with like the government part.

1 Like

Since the nonessential personnel quarantine order became active in Ohio, and even now after it has been lifted, this song has had a ridonkulous amount of airtime on local mainstream and alternative radio stations. Sadly that song has now been inextricably bound to the phrase ā€œIā€™m so boredā€ā€“or variations there of, thus creating a damn near Pavlovian response to think of and/or sing this Fā€“ing song when I hear or read said phrase. :exploding_head: :boom: :point_left:

6 Likes

Well my old buddy Acer laptop finally died today . I dont sweat it too much because it was really old and i reckon it worked for twice as long as anyone could have expected out of him. I found a cause but iā€™m not sure iā€™m up for fixing it. I just might let it finally rest.

Hereā€™s a pic from autopsy.

10 Likes

Slowly but surely part 2>

Turned into this>

Terrace :

Turning into this>

Kitchen>

Turning into this>

10 Likes

There are recycling centres for PCs but Iā€™m not sure if theyā€™ll just be glorified dumping grounds or not.

4 Likes

Mind sharing what the cause is?

Iā€™m curiousā€¦

4 Likes

I have a Sony Vaio that I used for ten years, the poor thing endured a lot. The battery was the first to give up of course, then the fans, so it started to overheat if used for too long. I put it on rest after I got my desktop, but surprise surprise, the desktopā€™s mobo died too soon to compete with the Vaioā€™s lifespan.

My sister just recently was looking for some old photos that we had stored in that one and surprisingly it booted up and was still running. So even after using it for ten years, the old bud is still not giving up. Best part is that it ran with the infamous windows vista who everyone hated. :rofl:

Itā€™s incredible how some laptops can last.

7 Likes

Power button contact got separated and it started short circuiting .

5 Likes

Sounds like a simple fix, though I could be wrong.

1 Like

Someone has good taste in interior design & decor, I like it.

5 Likes

Reow! Everyone is so busy lately. Me did a ton of laundry yesterday. Also rearranging room - again.

5 Likes

Whereā€™s the MIL Suite??? When can I move in? :joy:

5 Likes

ahahahahaha i just bought 20ā‚¬ worth of candy, and iā€™m gonna be playing video games all night and eat sugary goods until i get dizzy, and there is nothing yā€™all can do about it because you ainā€™t my mom :rofl: :blush:
-was being like a 6yo that just got pocket money doing a raid on the candy isles :smile:

ā€¦ inb4 i feel guilty tomorrow for allowing myself a cheat day :sweat_smile:

PS ofc iā€™m obviously not gonna eat it all today :expressionless:

6 Likes

Someone call this gnomeā€™s mom, lol ^^ Donā€™t think you can eat it all today but wow! What goodies do you get?

4 Likes

yo, i bought $22 of candy 2 days ago :joy: (a whole kg actually :joy:)

i shared with the wife, mom and kids and still have some left though :joy:

5 Likes

heh what didnā€™t i get :yum:
some chocolate marshmallow thingies called Polly
some liquorice hard candy called Dracula
some (dark) chocolate bars with mint chips in, and some mixed gummies and liquorice ā€œtokensā€
ā€¦ aaand some chocolate chip cookies
^everything was on sale, hence why i got swayed to get so much/many different ones :blush:

candy high five :candy::raised_hand:

6 Likes

:raised_back_of_hand::candy:

4 Likes