The OT Thread!! Post Here When You Feel The Need!

3 Likes

My life is over as I knew it…

3 Likes

sad thing is plenty of “chocolate” today hardly has any cacao in it at all. Often they just have the minimum legally required just to be able to legally use the word “chocolate” and it’s mostly vegetable fat.

4 Likes

See the lines on bottom and right? They also kinda shimmer. How screwed am I?

3 Likes

This is a laptop right?
Very hard to say for sure, but if you’re really lucky a reinstall of drivers might work, more likely and still somewhat lucky it could be the controller board that’s ruined. Or yet again slightly more lucky just the ribbon cable from the controller board that’s gotten worn or unseated.

A competent repair shop might be able to fix it at an affordable rate. But this is one of those things where competency makes a huge difference, some would just tell you the screen is busted and needs to be replaced as a whole which is a lot easier to do but will cost you several times more.

Could also be that the screen in it’s entirety IS indeed busted, but I couldn’t possibly tell you for sure one way or another. Make and model matters as well of course.

If this is a stand alone monitor however, chances are it’ll be cheaper to buy a new one either way.

3 Likes

I just closed the lid, took a walk came back and found it like this.

It is a notebook. The screen doesn’t feel damaged physically. I thought i might have got something caught in the lid but no.

Trying to update the os and the lines are getting worse the longer it is on.

Reminder. It is not my comp. Likely the ishop would just charge me for a new screen, because money, but i really can’t say what’s wtong for sure.

3 Likes

Absolutely refuse to pay for a new screen no matter what.
If it’s getting worse over time and not when you’re adjusting the angle then it’s more likely to be the actual controller or the GPU chip itself that’s the issue. I would strongly recommend you stop using it.

2 Likes

I will as soon as it shuts down. Trouble is. It looks like i broke my friend’s computer.

This is what it looks like. No preview. It is an info page, not a listing.

https://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemDescV4&item=144148497932&category=177&pm=1&ds=0&t=1658408134000&ver=0

3 Likes

Yes the apple store does not have the expertise, tools or desire to actually repair anything. This would require a 3rd party repair shop to be a viable repair most likely.

I know it’s probably hard to argue but no I would not say you broke your friend’s computer, unless someone else harmed it while you were away this is a manufacturing fault that just happened to materialize in an error while under your care. I don’t suppose it’s still under warranty by any chance?

2 Likes

I don’t think so, not under Warranty. She’s had to send into the local ishop here before though. Not sure what the reasons were then.

Oh. I think it was the battery. It wouldn’t recognize a new one. Or something.

3 Likes

Oh man… :cry:

3 Likes

4 Likes

Looks like they changed the sign for that intersection.

4 Likes
4 Likes

Apparently got himself banned from steam, Twitter, and Bandcamp.

5 Likes

I just did a search on Steam…NADA and I know I have the game.

3 Likes

Good for them. Looks more classier and cleaner…

4 Likes

5 Likes

6 Likes

3 Likes