The OT Thread!! Post Here When You Feel The Need!

We actually had this happen on the Nexus Discord about a year ago as well, so be aware its happening on other platforms as well.

4 Likes

Interestingly looking in the top right of the Steam Support picture the details are:

Account: ArthurBlue
Email: jinpax696900@outlook.com
Ticket: HT-8M89-HNM2-2KS9

Which is not only exposed, but aslo different from the ‘First Email Used’ in the message.
Which could still be legitimate if someone changed email etc. But seems suspicious.

However, looking at the Reddit post you linked @carvalho20ptc the same screenshot shows:

Account: Reine
Email: jinpax696900@outlook.com
Ticket: HT-8M89-HNM2-2KS9

Different account name, SAME email, SAME ticket!

Well that’s just lazy! Come on, I’d at least have generated a new ticket id…

Pfff…

3 Likes

Saw an adorable crochet doll today and found the character that its based on, the character version. Tis Brazilian I believe.

5 Likes

Here is the doll, but I can’t buy her, because I don’t have Brazilian national id.

A website is claiming it is a “free” pattern and has it in English. I would really like to buy the original and fight through myself.

Can anyone help?

3 Likes

I found a livestream however it’s in PT-BR.

3 Likes

Thanks @carvalho20ptc Will check it out.

I’ve had bits of Russian, Italian, Spanish, Turkish and maybe a few other things for patterns. We crafters nah ph33r language barrier.

The really challenge of this is sewing, coz it’s a been a hot minute since I made a doll in felt.

Edit: there is a kit too, but again, demands a CPF just to check out. sigh I checked coz of nosiness.

New Edit: It’s actually cloth. I get what’s she doing and this makes a ragdoll (kinda flat version). Will save it since I’m still wary of sewing machines.

3 Likes

Good to know it was helpful to you! :grin:

Here is part 2:

3 Likes

Got that right, the character comes originally from the children’s book Sitio do Picapau Amarelo (Yellow Woodpecker Farm) by Monteiro Lobato, it’s filled with Brazilian folklore. Very popular among children’s theatrical shows and also had some television adaptations throughout the years.

4 Likes

Oh wow! Did I stumble upon thy childhood?

So cute!

3 Likes

Yeah. I remember they aired the remake here together with a kids show called TV Globinho.

And yeah, this is total nostalgia material, heh. :grin:

4 Likes

:smile:
Pretty much, really loved those live action tv shows, my favorite being Castelo RĂĄ-Tim-Bum

4 Likes

Reminds me of the really old Japanese shows, with all the handmade and far out costume. Has that energy.

These shows are all so pretty. I remember weird things like Brave Star and GForce, lol. We had one show definitely that was locally inspired, but it was more for adults with the humour

4 Likes

We had these when I was growing up… She had a heart on her butt. I haven’t a clue why.

I absolutely love this…This would be my dream costume…

3 Likes

That’s very you, :smile:

It’s Etevaldo, a charismatic extraterrestrial being

3 Likes

They had some good skits like these:

3 Likes

There are various results if you look “Boneca Emilia Amigurumi” on youtube, this one seems like a complete guide:

The doll from your link only has a couple videos showing the hair making:

3 Likes

Oh I could hug you if you were near! Interesting indeed! I would love to make her. I don’t know about Delenn’s alien though, hee.

This stuff is cheering me up immensely. Thanks lovely people. :heart: We including our @carvalho20ptc. ^^

PS: All the iterations of Emilia are interesting to me. One of them struck as Pipi Longstockings like, with the eyes. I’m not sure why the eyes are outlined like that. Determined sewing? hee hee

3 Likes

Yeah, the eyes are indeed to give a doll feel, like they’re sewed. She’s basically a doll that the aunt made to her niece, she swallows a talkative pill that makes her able to speak. :smile:

3 Likes

It’s not stopping…

2 Likes

I’m sorry but this is the first thing that popped into my head when I saw your post.
shining

3 Likes