The IndieGala "Artifex Mundi" Bundle

The IndieGala “Artifex Mundi” Bundle consisting of 10 Great Steam Hidden Object Games is live!
I don’t know how I managed this…I got 5 out of the 10…What to do? What to do?

https://www.indiegala.com/artifex-mundi-steam-bundle-10

9 Likes

Easy, have you played ANY of the 5 you already have?
No, 1-2: Don’t buy anything.
Yes 3-5: Go on then.

5 Likes

I have played 2, Mr. Logical Spock-Like Brain Person.:roll_eyes:

8 Likes

Thats not how gaming works in the Valve era…
I mean, do you want me to miss all those sweet, sweet discounts, while wasting my time away with games?

8 Likes

When you already have 2029 games in your library it really ought to.
Sorry @delenn13, you’ve had enough, I’m cutting you off.

7 Likes

Games are like “crack” to me…

Shocked-Eyes%20Wide%20Open

Always looking for a new fix…Have to buy…I tell ya!

9 Likes

10 Likes

Besides…You are not the boss of me!:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

@delenn13 dear, I never played any of their games. Don’t own any of them either, at least none from the bundle.

I don’t even know what my opinion on hidden object games is, since I only played those flash ones years ago.

Could you tell us a little bit about them? Like who would you recommend them for or something?

4 Likes

Name checks out…

5 Likes

Hidden object games are super popular among middle age to old women for some reason, to an almost weird degree.

I honestly really do not by any means mean that as a slight, though I’m aware it can come off as one. I’m happy people are enjoying things and would never speak against that, but that’s largely who buys hidden object games.

As for what they are, they’re usually simple puzzle games where you pick items out of picture. Some are more involved than others letting you change aspects of the scene, like opening boxes or drawers to look for things. Usually accompanied with a story of some kind and of varying qualities that is progressed by finding the requisite number of items. Point and click adventure games without the adventure or wacky combo logic.

5 Likes

Hmm I want those 3 for 1$ games :speak_no_evil:

I’m not female nor am I middle aged. You don’t know at all who plays this kind of games! Screw your anecdotes :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

These are super relaxing games, just little story mixed with searching some items and the occasional puzzle. I wouldn’t pay more than 5 bucks for one, but I recommend getting the 1$ tier (I know I will get it lol). Maybe one could describe them as point & click - lite versions.

4 Likes

Hmm, I gotta think about this, i’ve already got a couple of their games which were pretty good to play. (although still some I haven’t) They are pretty decent for point and click games, when I first got them I thought they be crappy but nah they are fine.

2 Likes

I never said ONLY old women likes them, I said that is the majority demographic these games are aimed at. Just like any other product can be enjoyed by people outside it’s target demographic and I never shared any anecdotes.

6 Likes

Some pros of hidden object games (especially those from Artifex Mundi):

• Good GNU/Linux support
  • Usually last around 3-5 hours, so it’s a way to waste an afternoon
  • They run on a potato
  • Doesn’t demand much from the player and you can put them down at pretty much any point if something more urgent arises
  • Pretty easy to 100% or at least get most of the achievements in a single playtrough

Cons include a predictable/cheesy story and they can get quite repetitive so I tend to play them only once in a while.

I still have some unplayed HoGs in my library so I’ll probably pass this time even if I only have Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink from the bundle.

6 Likes

but how do you KNOW that

• mostly old women buy these
  • they are aimed at old women

?

2 Likes

I’ve spent many years reading blogs and articles on gaming related topics some touching on demographic data on all sorts of things, none of which I’m going to spend hours trying to find again for your sake. IF you are sufficiently curious about it then you spend the time on it.

8 Likes

OR I simply ignore your remark and keep on believing only cool ppl play them :grin::man_shrugging:

6 Likes

Also never claimed middle age-old women weren’t or couldn’t be cool.

8 Likes