The IndieGala "Artifex Mundi" Bundle

Sorry was out cleaning off the trailer. The tarp got wrecked in the winter storms so it had all that Maple tree crap all over the top. Getting ready to go camping.

They are basically what @Fraggles and @nassi said…but they left off the best part. Some HOGS are really dark and dreary and are hard to see things. Artifex Mundi games are a lot of “eye candy”. A lot of gorgeous scenes. :heart_eyes::star_struck:

9 Likes

Hey guys,

One of our fellow Chronies was kind enough to gift me a key for Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek. Thanks so much for that :yellow_heart:

I just finished 100%ing it and here’s my quick impression of the title:

+Awesome art,
+Challenging object finding (or maybe I’m just blind),
+Linux support,
+Longer than expected game.

-So many overused storytelling elements I lost count,
-Predictable,
-Terrible voice acting (I can’t stress this enough, it was atrocious),
-Bad level design: unbelievable amounts of back-and-forth and an illogical map.

Mixed feelings about this one. Although I feel that it could appeal to those who enjoy the genre, I just feel like I wasted 5 hours of my life with something that honestly didn’t deserve my personal attention.

I’ll think about how to review it, if I do. :blush:

8 Likes

I haven’t played this particular game, but it seems to be one of their earlier ones and for what its worth at least the bad level design part has been vastly improved in their newer games. Also as far as the newer games go, I don’t remember the voice acting being too terrible either, not that I’d call it great by any means.

5 Likes

I think, as @nassi said…That’s an older game. I buy them more for the eye candy and they are easy to come back to when you don’t have a lot of time to game. Running a household with a diabetic husband can be time consuming. Sometimes i have maybe 15 minutes for myself a day to game. Steam can irk me so much when it’s updating whatever…because it affects my potato PC. I can’t play games to “get gud” because I don’t have the time to practice anything. So these types of games are perfect for me at times. Most of the older HOGs are awful(by the time you have finished you are biting your nails up to the elbow.) but the Artifex Mundi games are some of the best of that genre. So if you don’t like AM games…don’t torture yourself with any more…

4 Likes

I can only imagine what that must feel like, @delenn13. I wish you strength powering through your daily tasks, because sometimes all it takes to wear us down is falling trap to the same old mundane tasks.

I usually don’t have that much practicing time either – for games, I mean, the violin I practice almost daily (should be daily, but that’s… a talk for another time) – so I’m currently getting really frustrated by Dead Cells while having full knowledge that I can’t do much about it, because it requires honing your skill… over time… ugh.

Well, I thought that particular games was… OK. Maybe some of the others are better but, then again, given the choice, I think I rather play some else. Like good ol’ point and clicks. :blush:

EDIT: Also, before I forget again: where are you camping? I LOVE camping. Maybe you could share some photos in our ‘World Through Your Eyes’ thread? I mean, if you want to, of course. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes