The Good VS Evil Game Giveaway- CLOSED FOR DRAWINGS!

“December 9th 2020 around NOON EST”

3 Likes

Depends on the game and the situation mostly. As many people have mentioned, many of the “evil” choices in games result in you being a right prick about it. Basically rather than having all the alignments they choose to have Lawful Good, Lawful or True neutral, and straight Chaotic Evil. I would say I generally side in one of the neutral categories depending on the game.

For example:

In Call to Power II or other Civ style games, I’ll generally take the peaceful tech whore route versus the warlord route - Until some faction really irritates me then I’ll happily Pearl Harbor them, sometimes continuing until they are wiped out.

In Payday 2, I installed a mod that removes pagers if you kill the guards before they alert. I will take out guards that are in the way and - if possible - until there are none or none that interfere with what I’m trying to do. Civvies I’ll take hostage unless they are being a right pain and then it’s pop - bag - splash.

I’ll generally go with an archer or huntard or a warrior class. Sometimes it really depends on the game. For arpgs, generally it’s a huntard unless there is no such class then I’ll go with warrior. Whereas mmos and the like I’ll typically start with a warrior as I assume it’s the class that’s easiest to learn the game with. In general, I rarely go with mage type classes because I find they have too many skills or a certain rotation to be “good”.

For the games I would like to enter for, I would like to enter for everything.

Jokes aside:
Escape Goat 2
Everything
Shadows: Awakening
Mountain

4 Likes

When i play any games for the first time, generally i will go with the good-guy warrior type. I may do some naughty stuffs sometime but i always go back to the last save to continue the storyline. But recently i starting to try out Archer and Mage and be a bad guy, and tbh, its pretty fun to be bad sometime :smiley: , its like im living an alternative life, you know what i mean ?

For the games i would lke to enter for:
1: Everything
2: Broken Ages
3: Headlander
4: The Last Door
5: The Last Door Season 2
6: RAD
7: Shadows:Awakening
8: Brütal Legend
9: Shotgun Legend

4 Likes

I usually tend to play as a good guy, but I will take the evil option if it seems funny. Stuff like keeping the football banner in Papers Please; there’s no real reason to do it, it’s just kind of amusing.
Thanks for the giveaway!

I’d like to enter for:

• Broken Age
  • Headlander
  • Skullgirls
4 Likes

:gem: Thanks to honorable Mr/Ms “Anonymous”, @sewcraftyme. And @delenn13 for putting this together! :gem:

Answers to questions:

1. I like to be good in my games.

2. I don’t recall choosing to replay an entire game as evil, though I did save KOTOR at a late stage in the game before trying an alternate path decision to switch from the jedi light-side to the dark-side to see what would happen and what it would feel like. I didn’t like it, and restored the game and continued down the light-side.

3. My favorite character is as a healer. I was very good at it in WOW (I do switch, played effective tank there too).

Wow, there are a lot of games on the list that I’ve wished/followed but do not have.

• Shadows:Awakening
  • RAD
  • Everything
  • Hot Tin Roof: The Cat That Wore A Fedora
  • Slain: Back from Hell
  • Bohemian Killing
  • Skullgirls
  • The Last Door - Collectors Edition
  • Escape Goat 2
  • The Last Door: Season 2 - Collectors Edition
  • Alicia Griffith Lakeside Murder
  • Spacebase DF-9
  • The Detail Season One
  • Shooting Stars!
  • THOTH
  • Mountain
  • Shotgun Legend
  • The Invisible Hours
  • Headlander
  • SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition
  • Sigma Theory: Global Cold
4 Likes

Thank you for the giveaway and thank you to the donors.

I prefer to be good in games mostly because decision trees for quests tend to want you to save people and solve problems. For example, in Skyrim you can “be evil” in some decisions and kill all the NPCs (mostly). But you know what? If you go on a rampage, you kill off all the quest givers and quest NPCs needed for some connecting quest. Removing game content from myself by being evil is normally not worth it. I think telltale games had decisions where I felt like I had the agency to do what I wanted and not be branded as good or evil. But its ok! It feels good to do good anyway.

And I prefer to be a mage! I never switch to other jobs because I have a main and the rest are mules. Alts take time away from my mage! :rofl:

Fun questions!

1. Sigma Theory: Global Cold War
  2. Psychonauts
  3. Shadows: Awakening
  4. RAD
  5. Headlander
4 Likes

Thank you so much for the giveaway!! :3 :sunflower:

I try to be good in games… But I’d describe it more as chaotic good rather than lawful good? If I think there’d be a funnier path or more entertaining path, I’ll join the dark side for a bit. I tend to love nature though and that’s usually on the good side. Also when I was 9 I used to play “detective” where me and a friend would search around for clues to “murders” at school xD

I’d love to enter for:

1. Alicia Griffith - Lakeside Murder
  2. Bohemian Killing
  3. Mountain
  4. RAD
  5. The Last Door: Season 2
4 Likes

Thanks @delenn13 for making the giveaway and thanks to @sewcraftyme and your anonymous friend for the keys! :+1:

Definitely very much situational dependent, I try to be good but if playing as lawless or chaotic fits the theme, I will go for it. I used to replay games as different factions, I am not sure if I would do these days.

Brute force is usually the easier way to get familiar with a game, and traditionally I do have a magical bent, for they seem to have a slow build-up but eventually become over-powered. Also the variety for in-game animations tend to be flashier for magical effects/spells. To be honest, if the game isn’t a game that’s greatly benefited from min-maxing, I will try to dabble in a lot of different aspects of it before deciding what fits me better. If I realize that min-maxing is the way to go, I will restart at that point and take the path that best worked up to that time.

I am interested in a few of the games this time:

1. The Detail - Season One
  2. Bohemian Killing
  3. Art of Murder - Cards of Destiny
  4. Art of Murder - Hunt for the Puppeteer
  5. Art of Murder - FBI Confidential

By the way, your linking one-box to Art of Murder - The Secret Files isn’t right, links to FBI Confidential instead.

5 Likes

Thanks, @YQMaoski :heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation: Fixed!

5 Likes

Thanks for a super giveaway @delenn13 :heart:

In most games, I’m a good squirrel. Really. I don’t think it’s normal to go into an NPC’s house, open their chests and leave with all the stuffs. That aside, I may not be evil per se, but in fighting games esp. I do tend to like the villain characters. Freeman In Garou: Mark of the Wolves, is a serial killer. Fond as I am of Rock and Gato, I somehow gravitate more towards the baddies. Does make mew ev3l? :thinking:

Essentially I chose the good in RPGs though. For instance, in Ogre Battle, my bestie used to chase down the rest of the enemy team, as they flee once you kill the leader. Not mew - felt it was too mean. :sweat:

Edit: yea, i’m Link - want all the weapons and all the magic. Never sure what class to play in games. Though that sounds Red Mage-ish, I prefer something closer to Blue Mage ^^

Entering for:

1. A Plot Story
  2. RAD
  3. Headlander
  4. Spacebase DF-9
  5. Sigma Theory: Global Cold War

Cheers. Good luck to everyone. :heart:

6 Likes

I usually play good and if there’s an alternative ending replay the game as evil. As for character I go for warrior
Entering for:

1. Skullgirls
  2. Shadows: Awakening
  3. RAD
  4. Hot Tin Roof: The Cat That Wore A Fedora
  5. Escape Goat 2

Thanks for the giveaway!!

5 Likes

It ends tomorrow…:hugs:

9 Likes

sounds cool i anxious jejej

5 Likes

I’ll usually start with a “good” path, almost always a ranged-attack or support type of character.

If it’s the kind of game where a second pass through is much different, then it’s time for in-your-face brutality with a touch of evil.

1. RAD
  2. Headlander
  3. Spacebase DF-9
  4. Dreamscapes: The Sandman
  5. Dreamscapes: Nightmare’s Heir
  6. Skullgirls
  7. The Invisible Hours
  8. Broken Age
  9. any HOG besides AoM - Cards of Destiny

Appreciate the chance, thanks!

5 Likes

Thanks for the massive GA @delenn13.

I find it’s more fun to play a bad guy because I don’t get to do it in real life. However, when a game has both options, I tend to start off with a good character because of a feeling that games tend to be designed with greater focus on them. Usually replay later as a grey or evil character.
I prefer playing as a mage / archer because I hate taking any damage but since a lot of games tend to make these characters less viable at the outset, I try to smoosh in some warrior DNA if I can.

My top 15 in decreasing order of preference

1. RAD
  2. Escape Goat 2
  3. Sigma Theory: Global Cold War
  4. Shadows: Awakening
  5. Spacebase DF-9
  6. Everything
  7. Slain: Back from Hell
  8. Art of Murder - Cards of Destiny
  9. Art of Murder - Deadly Secrets
  10. Art of Murder - FBI Confidential
  11. Art of Murder - Hunt for the Puppeteer
  12. Art of Murder - The Secret Files
  13. Chronicles of Mystery - Secret of the Lost Kingdom
  14. Chronicles of Mystery - The Legend of the Sacred Treasure
  15. Chronicles of Mystery - The Tree of Life
6 Likes

Thank you for this giveaway guys!

The class I choose depends on the setting. If it’s ancient/medieval/fantasy, I always go for the brute - a stark berserker, an unstoppable force of nature with no skill or finesse to its conduct in combat.
That’s unless I can be a summoner, then I’m always a summoner.
In a modern/futuristic setting it’s the opposite, I go for a highly skilled and rather precise, tactics-oriented type.
If I ever choose a mage, it’s for the pretty lights *u* and it’s always a girl, girls are magic <3
Rogues are dishonorable weaklings; they get the axe. (Unless it’s Diablo, coz I don’t have whole day to chase monsters around with the warrior, and the sorcerer dies before the game even loads.)

Regarding my affinity…
I’ll go out of my way to help the villagers build a well.
They needed it to drown the local vegan? Burn the village down.
A baby cries in one of the huts? Jump into the fire, save the baby.
The baby is racist? Throw it right back in.
I’m chaotic good.

I’d like to enter for:

1. Skullgirls
  2. Hot Tin Roof: The Cat That Wore A Fedora
  3. The Invisible Hours
  4. The Last Door - Collector’s Edition
  5. The Last Door: Season 2 - Collector’s Edition
  6. Bohemian Killing
6 Likes

I :heart: this guy.

5 Likes

Last call! :exploding_head:

8 Likes

The PMS have started going out. I will have to take some time off for dinner but I will try to get these all out before tonight.

11 Likes

Congrats to the winners. Let’s enjoy our games. :+1:

5 Likes