The Good VS Evil Game Giveaway- CLOSED FOR DRAWINGS!

I want to do 2 giveaways before Christmas so I am not getting fancy. @sewcraftyme gave me all the HOG keys…And a very good friend who wishes to be anonymous gave me the rest.

Rules:
Need 8 (eight) Badges
Have 2 (two) Weeks Community Forum Membership
List your games in Order as to how you want them.
Tell me whether you like to be good or evil in your games. Do you play good then replay the game as evil? What is your favourite character… warrior, mage, healer or worker? Do you switch around?
Discobot will decide the winners on December 9th 2020 around NOON EST

I reserve the right to change the rules or add stuff I have forgotten.

Now for the stuff you care about…The GAMES>>>>>>>>>

Alicia Griffith – Lakeside Murder WM

A Plot Story WM

Art of Murder - Cards of Destiny W

Art of Murder - Deadly Secrets W

Art of Murder - FBI Confidential W

Art of Murder - Hunt for the Puppeteer W

Art of Murder - The Secret Files W

Bohemian Killing WM

Broken Age WML

Brütal Legend WML

Chronicles of Mystery - Secret of the Lost Kingdom W

Chronicles of Mystery - The Legend of the Sacred Treasure W

Chronicles of Mystery: The Scorpio Ritual W

Chronicles of Mystery - The Tree of Life W

Dreamscapes: Nightmare’s Heir - Premium Edition W

Dreamscapes: The Sandman - Premium Edition W

Escape Goat 2 WML

Everything WML

Headlander WM

Hot Tin Roof: The Cat That Wore A Fedora WML

Jane Angel: Templar Mystery W

Mountain WML

Psychonauts WML

RAD W

Sea Legends: Phantasmal Light Collector’s Edition W

Shadows:Awakening W

Shooting Stars! WML

Shotgun Legend W

Sigma Theory: Global Cold War WML

SimCity™ 4 Deluxe Edition WM

Skullgirls WML

Slain: Back from Hell WML

Spacebase DF-9 WML

The Detail Season One WML

The Invisible Hours W

The Last Door - Collector’s Edition WML

The Last Door: Season 2 - Collector’s Edition WML

THOTH WM

Good luck and have fun :heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation:

29 Likes

NOT ENTERING

I usually go for the good guy the first time through then go for a bad guy playthrough. I’d say my favourite is warrior however I do like magic-based characters as well.

5 Likes

Thanks for the giveaway, @delenn13

Tell me whether you like to be good or evil in your games.
Do you play good then replay the game as evil?
What is your favourite character… warrior, mage, healer or worker?
Do you switch around?

Well, I usually always go for being a good guy since I like to do good deeds in order to keep my shadow self from taking over an ruin everything, and also differentiate myself from my parents. I don’t have enough “courage” to do harm to NPCs or follow an “evil” route since no one is completely good or evil.

Despite this, I like to play as a baddie sometimes since it’s something out of the routine and I want to try new things out, like the Overlord series, Postal and Skyrim. I like mostly from games where you are the bad guy from the beginning except for Bethesda games like Skyrim, where I create different saves for each character I want to roleplay, be they’re good or evil.

I usually play as a warrior 24/7 since it’s the most fun class to play with IMO, and sometimes I’d go as a mage.

So, I’m entering for the following games:

• Broken Age;
  • Brutal Legend;
  • Rad;
  • Shadows: Awakening;
  • Sigma Theory;
  • SimCity 4 Deluxe;
  • Skullgirls;
  • Slain: Back from Hell.

Anyway, thanks once again for the giveaway! :+1:

5 Likes

I would very much like to be evil in games, but I too often can’t bring myself to be mean to NPCs for no reason and far more often than not you’ll find good actions to be much better rewarded. People tend to have a very cartoon villain idea of what it means to be evil though and it often makes games with the option to be a “bad guy” just plain stupid.

So I end up almost always being nice and helpful to everyone and it rather annoys me. Playing Yakuza 0 at the moment and one of the main characters is supposedly VERY eager and motivated to get back into the clan’s good graces and so far 2 amazing opportunities to do that has been passed up because you’re not allowed to actually do bad things.

When it comes to class roles I almost always tend to gravitate to the rogue archetype. Mostly because they tend to have a lot of options open to them and I like not having to rely on NPCs for taking care of traps and locks. Games tend to give you a lot of control in combat but forget to do the same for every other venue of interaction with the game world. Not to mention games where you don’t have NPCs to cover for your character’s weaknesses and both good content and neat stuff is hidden away behind non-combat oriented skills or abilities. You can often compensate for the weaknesses in combat with player skill or reloads.

I’d like to enter for the following please.

1. Everything
  2. Sigma Theory

Thank you for the giveaway @Delenn and anonymous provider.

7 Likes

Not too much games where you can play for evil (–lier–). Some rude and with tons of violence (don’t play this, I’ll check :male_detective:): Postal series (2nd part was fun -_-), Manhunt, Hatred, CARRION, GTA… Some with humour like Evil Genius, Overlord. :eyes: My choice - mostly good, warrior or mage

Now time to play for real villain… Hahahahaha cough cough cough

• Alicia Griffith – Lakeside Murder
  • Bohemian Killing (Edit: Plz don’t count this game. Now I have this in collection)
  • Broken Age
  • Dreamscapes: Nightmare’s Heir - Premium Edition
  • Escape Goat 2
  • Everything
  • Headlander
  • Hot Tin Roof: The Cat That Wore A Fedora
  • Mountain
  • RAD
  • Skullgirls
  • Slain: Back from Hell
  • Spacebase DF-9
  • THE DETAIL SEASON ONE
  • The Last Door - Collector’s Edition
  • THOTH
5 Likes

You’re spoiling us with these huge giveaways. Spoiiiiiling us!

I like to play the hero in games. I suspect most rational people do. All the best villains think they’re the good guy, anyway. To quote Handsome Jack, one of the best villains of all time (who may or may not have been accidentally paraphrasing John Barth), “Everyone is the hero of their own story.”

When I play a Deus ex game, I go so far as to play the “pacifist.” Nobody dies by my hand, but everyone on the map is going to wake up very confused after I knock them unconscious and stuff them into an air vent lol. Yes, I know that’s its own kind of weird.

If there’s a magic option, mage for sure. We could all do with a bit of wizardry in our lives.

As for games, I’d be interested in:

1. Headlander
  2. Mountain
  3. Everything
6 Likes

Thanks, @delenn13 for the GA

Well, I’m always the good guy who likes helping any NPC’s that can pay it (you think I that I’m going to slay Demons/Monsters/Villians for charity?) but honestly, the bad guys generally looks sick, so probably if you see me playing I’ll look like a badass good guy :+1:, also always playing as a warrior, not that shitty mages or rogues that are behind you, I like going LEEERRROYYY JENKINS and slay any motherf*cker out there.

If not, we do Sneaky peaky like.
Currently, I’m playing Fallout: New Vegas at the NCR side, but I’m planning to do it again on the Caesar side

Entering for

• RAD
  • Escape Goat 2
  • Shotgun Legend
  • Slain: Back from Hell
  • The Last Door - Collector’s Edition
  • The Last Door: Season 2 - Collector’s Edition
4 Likes

Not entering

I actually think you won’t get too many interesting answers - more than 90% of the people asked in a poll before answered good. This has to do both with our general empathy, that activates even when we meet a nonexistent being (at lease a sufficiently humanized one) and a generally weakly written evil subplot (I really liked Fable 1, but the good vs evil choice was basically “sane or psycho” there)

5 Likes

Another (double) giveaway?! Christmas coming early on Chrono :stuck_out_tongue:
I like to combine Mage and Healer class in games if i get those options, so try to be that ‘goody two shoes’ and keep the teams and my own HP up and stats boosted. Besides that I feel the in-game klepto urge and wanna steal and loot all i possibly can. But dont worry, i’m only stealing for the greater good :wink:

I’ll enter for these 3 (awesome-looking) games:

1. Shadows: Awakening
  2. RAD
  3. Slain: Back from Hell

Thanks @delenn13 and @sewcraftyme !!
(and thanks Mr Anonymous<3)

5 Likes

I woul like to play evil sometimes, but… it just doesnt work out i guess. What if the NPC feels really bad afterwards? Cant risk that!
Sometimes i will slaughter the villagers, but reload afterwards. Does that count as evil?

I will almost always try Mage-> Priest-> Archer in that order. Warriors are kinda stupid

5 Likes

What do the letters next to the game titles mean?

On my first playthrough, I tend go with whatever sounds reasonable and practical at the time. In most games, this results in a “good” playthrough. After that, I follow up with a good playthrough if the first one didn’t turn out good, and with an evil playthrough after. With most games though, I usually don’t care enough to play more than once, so that first path is all I see. I’m currently on my third playthrough of Vampyr though, and this and my previous one were both Evil, just in different ways. This is more for some achievements than because I enjoy being a dick though ): In this playthrough, I’m being good right up until the end, when I’ll ruin everything just to get all those weapons that I can’t get otherwise.

I tend to go for the warrior class first because in my experience most games treat that as their introductory/default class with things balanced around it. After that, I’ll try the others, usually worker → healer → mage, or mage → worker → healer, depending on how I found the combat. Healers rarely feel worth it in single-player games so I don’t tend to play that class much. I used to enjoy playing the healer in online games, but I don’t play those anymore. If the game lets me change class on the fly without big penalties, I’ll usually try a few classes/builds out in my first playthrough. Also, given the option, I’ll go for a rogue type, like Fraggles. Backstabbing and dodging? Yes please.

I’d like to enter for a bunch of HOGs~

1. Dreamscapes: The Sandman
  2. Dreamscapes: Nightmare’s Heir
  3. Alicia Griffith - Lakeside Murder
  4. Sea Legends: Phantasmal Light
  5. A Plot Story (what a title!)
4 Likes

@delenn13 always forgets to add the key to that. It’s for system compatibility: (W)indows, (M)ac, (L)inux, (A)mstrad CPC.

5 Likes

I think the choice of good and evil in a game depends on which one is more fun, so yeah it depends.
Mage.

Games that I’d like to win (starting for the one I most want and descending) :

• Skullgirls
  • RAD
  • Brutal Legend
  • Headlander
  • THOTH
4 Likes

I’m just dropping in to say ‘thanks’ :slight_smile: Not participating .

I play whatever really . If game only has Black and White option like BioWare RPGs i just opt for whatever feels more beneficial for that particular situation and if we are talking about games which have more complex system for choices i opt for something i would actually do in that situation in real world. It’s very rarely just plain good or plain bad. I mostly end up in that grey area.

I mostly look for something more than just mage or a warrior. From very early days of playing RPGs i remember myself picking something outside regular classes ( if that’s an option at all ) . Amazon in Diablo II , Druid in World of Warcracft and so on. I prefer to have some mix of magic and meele/ranged combat so something like battlemage or whereabouts.

4 Likes

Thanks for the giveaway!
I’m not entering though. :wink:

Good and evil choices in most games are really lacking IMO. I’m speaking mostly about RPGs but good choice is usually simple “I’ll help you and will refuse the reward” while evil choice is just senselessly cruel and aggressive. Reward refusal feels pretty meaningless as in most games I end up being pretty rich fairly fast. It feels like most games go for formulaic approach. Help and refuse reward = lawful good, help and ask for a reward = chaotic good, maybe help and threaten for greater reward = evil.

That said I mostly play good characters with varying amounts of pragmatism sprinkled in for good measure. Being cruel for cruelty’s sake just does not feel nice :expressionless:

And class-wise I usually play mages. Though it took me quite a while to figure out that constitution should not be my dump stat :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

Thanks for the explanation! I think I even asked this same question before and already forgot the answer ><

4 Likes

first thanks for ga

second: i prefer warriors and healers because i like fight in games but i received a lot of damage XD

third:games: alicia griffith
plot story
art of murder deadly secrets
the last door season one
the last door season two

last one: i like good in games jajjaa a good guy here XD

see you

4 Likes

First off thanks for the giveaway @delenn13 :raised_hands:

It really depends on the game, I remember back in the day playing Fable and of course I tried both good and evil but yeah, generally games dont make much of a difference if you go either route.
I also remember doing both regular playthrough and then a sort of “kill everything” run on bethesda games, Fallout 3, Fallout 4, Fallout New Vegas and Skyrim. Of course some are more suited for it than others, having unkillable npcs and all that but they are generally good with you killing quest npcs and all that.

As for character, ranged stuff, either archer, sniper, or mage sort of? never liked playing close range characters, warriors and all that, healer is not really suited for single player unless you go the summoner route or you have nothing to heal but yourself. Either way, I find it fun to be sneaky and kill from afar.

1. Slain: Back from Hell
  2. The Last Door Season One
  3. The Last Door Season Two
  4. Headlander
  5. Broken Age
  6. RAD
4 Likes

Thanks for the giveaways!

1. Shadows: Awakening
  2. RAD
  3. Escape Goat 2

When playing games, I tend to act in a good way towards good/neutral characters but in evil ways towards bad characters, like offering to team up with an evil character and then proceed to backstab him/her along the way. I barely have time to play my games once, so I don’t usually replay them.

Whenever possible, I usually try out the mages first to see how they play since they don’t have to get up close and personal with whatever that’s trying to kill them and I don’t have to worry about their HP too much. Mages also tend to have more flashy and colorful skills and abilities.

4 Likes

If I’m given the choice, I usually choose to be good because that’s what I see as the default option. That said, if the game doesn’t give much of a choice or information beforehand and tries to shame me for what I “did,” then yeah, I’m gonna roleplay as a villain. “Oh, you’re upset because I released the antagonist and got your village destroyed? Tough luck, peasants!”

The only exception is if I can gather that one option will lead to an alternate ending while the other leads to more content (like Furi), in which case I’ll see the alternate ending first, then load my save and choose the other option.

This question is a little too ambiguous because different RPGs treat their classes differently. For example, do mages have ranged attacks, or are they just a reskin of warriors that can only attack when they have MP? Does MP regenerate over time or can it only be restored with items? Do warriors have a “stamina” meter that basically acts as their version of MP? Heck, I’ve never even heard of the “worker” class until right now. However, if we’re going on traditional turn-based JRPG logic, I choose healer because you WILL take damage in those games due to their turn-based nature, and you’ll need to heal yourself regularly to get past certain bosses.

Entering for

1. Headlander

P.S. Do we have to format the games in a certain way for them to be registered as proper entries (e.g. numbered list instead of bullet points, etc.)? I think I remember another giveaway having an issue with that.

EDIT: When’s the deadline?

Does it count as choosing to be evil if that’s the only thing the game will let you do besides turn it off?

4 Likes