The Coin Shop Needs better Games

wtf man?
I usually read your posts, even the ones where you forget paragraphs exist. But this one I can not be arsed with.

Here’s a loaf I made a little while ago.

6 Likes

Well we sure destroyed the analogy, which was the original reason why a bakery was even mentioned.

Anyway here’s my favorite. Teleported bread:

1 Like

yea sry, sometimes i have a tiny issue with (not) being concise
dono what i’m/was thinking either, been up way too long too

instead of indulging and jumping on the speculation train, i should have just addressed that the backtracking argument was still equally as ridiculous and baseless as the op argument, if not even a tad more over the top when used as deflection

PS. bread looks good, :thumbsup:
i suck at it, so i prefer to let the professionals across the street handle my bread cravings

2 Likes

I get that but if the shop isn’t going to offer any more games of the same quality as Dropsy or other such titles, it’s clearly a bad decision to put poorly made, cheap games on your marketplace. I don’t see the point, Dropsy was good, Lethal League was good, but the only reason people bought PoopSoup at all was because there was nothing better on the store. I know Insurgency is good, but that’s one good game among many other low-quality titles.
Just my opinion, but considering many of the games fail to sell out, I would say that some others agree with me. You’re all perfectly entitled to your own.

sigh failing to take into account nearly every point made…
possibility of extra keys alone could account for this, on its own
price, could account for this alone
and most important age vs timing-popularity could account for this by itself
and when all 3 are a possible factor at the same time it could explain even more
0 of the games are “bad”, they are all good, -yes, even poop
but putting a “fad” game up, past it’s “prime” will very likely cause reduced interest
putting an “old”-niche game up can suffer the same consequence
putting a high coin priced game up vs monetary price, can dissuade others
etc

and yet these games continue to be claimed, even while 2 new good games just got added
it doesn’t mean they are “bad” games, they are not bad games
nor does it mean it, or they, are bad for the shop
0 do to with opinion

an opinion would be if a game was subjectively bad for me/others,
(i personally don’t like all these games, that’s an opinion, my opinion, on some of the games, and so i didn’t claim all and still have thousands of coins),
but all the games so far featured in the shop have been in someway or another, objectively good, unlike the crapola featured on indiegala 99% of the time, which are/can be asset flips, broken/buggy, unfinished etc etc
but these are actual real games, with most being 75+ rated or way above
people are less likely to pay for bad games, even with free virtual currency, since it could be spend otherwise, eventually, on something that might be better.
And yet everything is steadily getting claimed

fast sell doesn’t just mean “x= more popular than y”, means likely much less keys than demand or X=<keys vs Y, and/or better priced, thus more eager/willing to pay, vs other’s price

your opinion is these/some of these games are bad and/or even bad for the shop
your opinion has no basis for this assumption other than its own “merit”
your assertion is faulty every step of the way
and i doubt there is more to be debated, since you seem to rely a lot on opinional thinking, and i feel i’ve gone in circles enough on the subject by now

(ps, jump jet rex didn’t sell out in a day, not even 4, care to call that a “bad game” for the shop too?, or how about poop getting 1-2% extra claim after rex got added?) :confused:
(pps. if and when Chrono features some of the crapola in their shop, you can bet i would hammer it. But i strongly doubt Chrono’s quality/standards would fall that low, even if in dire need to fill shop with games, i have faith they would find other ways around that issue, than to get as low as other giveaways do)

1 Like

They’re all good games, bront!

3 Likes

15 Likes

I think the actual problem is the price of those games. Dropsy, for example, was 2500 coins ($10 on Steam). And now there’s State of Anarchy for the same amount of coins, 2500 (a $1 game). There’s Poop in My Soup (3000 coins) is a $1 game as well. Prices on Steam reflect their value quite well (even though some games can be overpriced, some underpriced, still, it’s the actual market). Yet we see this ridiculous pricing on Chrono.

Yes, the total amount of coins grows, so they’re deflating, i get that. But apparently not as much as whoever picks the prices thinks. I have no problem “buying” There’s Poop in My Soup, but not for 3000 coins, i think the time i spent on collecting them worth more than that game.

And the quality of games goes down, while the prices go up. You can post bread pics and stay in fanboy denial for as long as you’d like, it’s just how it is. At first there was stuff of Humble Bundle level of quality, now it’s mostly Bundle Stars. This way we’ll see Indie Gala level of crap pretty soon.

Whilst I’d agree with some of the sentiment you raise, additionally I feel like the 2 week game for every 2 games is too long an interval. If a game was added on a weekly basis then there would be less of a giant expectation, and there would always be something new to possibly spend coins on.

A lot of the games that are decent are not available to buy for coins and all that’s left are the crap ones (one is literally called “poop”).

Meanwhile my 12k coins just gather dust.

How many of the daily deals have you bought? I ask because one of the reasons for the coin system is to encourage people to view that daily deal and make a purchase to support the site. Free games are a bonus…and that’s just what they are…Free. If one was to ask you what games you’d expect to be given away in the coin shop how would you answer? Because games that are popular or have no problems selling to their audience are unlikely to pop up in the coin shop…why would the publishers of those games make them available to Chrono? How would it benefit them? Thus far there have been several good giveaways although obviously this varies with individual taste. Personally I’ve yet to pick up anything with my coin surplus (which to be frank eclipses your paltry 12k) and yet I live in hope for something that I’d like…but the important thing is that I don’t expect anything…whatever I get will be a bonus.

Having surplus coins is not a problem, and when you do see something you want you’ll be able to grab it. The worst thing about the current set up is the two week wait between updates. It creates too much anticipation and then leads to the sort of disappointment you’ve stated…personally I’d like to see a new game every week rather than two a fortnight as this would avoid the hype/disappointment cycle.

Ultimately you’ll end up with something for nothing…how does that warrant a moan about the system?

3 Likes