The Battle Royale between Battle Royale gaming studios

Been playing 1-2 hrs a day since it came out; it’s awesome.

3 Likes

15 million :eyes:

3 Likes

Of Course. It says Call Of Duty in the name. Everyone who buys all the COD games probably downloaded it.

4 Likes

last cod game i bought was Big Red One in 2005; this BR rocks, it’s up there with Fortnite, PUBG, and Apex

3 Likes

argh, this is what i wanted, but i have no time at all :disappointed:

3 Likes

I wonder if friends can get on discord and try to get on the same map for solos and just steamroll all the solos by working as a team.

3 Likes

live now:

4 Likes

Did ubisoft buy radical heights and do a minor redesign? KEKW

4 Likes

4 Likes

it is now obvious who the winner will be:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1273710/King_of_Crabs/

live playing this now: https://www.twitch.tv/lirik

:joy:

from what i’ve seen so far this isn’t rly a battle royale at all though, more like a free-for-all slither-kinda game

lol, this game is P2W like crazy; Lirik spent 2 days trying to become crab king and never got there. Soda spent $720 and got it in 15 min :thinking:

3 Likes

Did they rly expect there would be a market for a H1Z1 clone?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1103950/ANAREA_Battle_Royale/

This has got to be dead on arrival.

6 Likes

Some people are really late to the party. Main wave of “lol simulators” are kind of dead but one or two of them still show up which makes me cringe.

2 Likes

looks pretty decent so far, from what i’ve seen on some streams, will be f2p so that might be a worry cuz of the weapon crafting system etc.:

it’s PVEVP and it’s not a pure battle royal in that several teams can make it out if they make into the dropship (and stay alive in there) before it takes off, which causes some pretty insane mayhem at the end of the round cuz everyone is trying to make it there at the same time then

access to the game on Epic (wanted to get a Steam key and looks like they ran out or something, so they give out Epic instead). anyone should be able to get access by watching any stream 30 min and having their twitch linked:

E5UFJ-JF5AH-UA8QF-5ZEQF

1 Like

But if everyone who makes it into the dropship “wins” there’s no reason to be fighting the other people there, other than to be a dick and deny them the points or whatever?

2 Likes

good point, but actually there is a reason to fight them cuz meanwhile all teams have been gathering data, which is the goal of the game, and if u kill the others they drop their data and u can collect it, and the number one spot goes to whoever has most data. And then also i guess the data must be relevant to your overall progress in that it somehow relates to your overall meta research progression in the game in general. There’s actually also “upload points” where u can upload the data u have on you, which takes time and makes u a visible target for others but comes with the advantage that even if u die u get to keep what u uploaded anyways.

map is rly huge too, so u can try and avoid other players and try to sneak in the ship at the very last second too

1 Like

Or throw a few grenades into it, wipe out everyone else, steal their data and be the sole survivor? Seems like if the final goal is an enclosed space AOE weapons are going to be very powerful.

1 Like

it’s a pretty big ship actually. I’ve seen as much as 5 teams make it out (not all full teams but still) and i think they’ve kinda balanced it in that though u can craft grenades, crafting materials are pretty limited (and more useful in building shields and upgraded weapons)

i also saw someone say the ship used to be rectangular but then that made it easier to hide outside and avoid others so they made it triangular to increase the action at the end, and it is quite hectic if u get like 20 ppl, so 7-8 teams all trying to make it into the same ship

the concept certainly is interesting, wonder if the game will succeed or not, certainly also depends on how they’re going to balance f2p with micro-transcactions in a way that doesnt affect the gameplay cuz i cant see game succeeding if it does

i mean, u have to research stuff to get better equipment, and the research takes “real” time to be done, so it wouldn’t be hard to imagine u can spend real money to get the research take place instantly, hence getting u an early advantage early on in the game’s life cycle :man_shrugging:

1 Like

just launch in early access to mixed reviews:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1183940/Scavengers/

an interesting one which definitely seems problematic (in addition to concerns about if that will also be achievable with real moneys):

2 Likes

Would be interesting to see a game designed so that the better the player gets the worse their gear becomes. You’d have to figure out a way to measure actual skill rather than just time spent playing though. It would be fun to see if people would adapt to the idea and carry their shitty single shot flintlock pistol into the fight with pride, if they win just one more game they’ll get to play the next one with a pen knife.

3 Likes

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1590320/Bro_Falls_Ultimate_Showdown/

lol, free to play (if claimed during early access only) fall-guys-like, 81% rating on steam, not sure if that’s mostly meme ratings or serious

2 Likes