Tagging Works

The tagging system is up and running.

So far, I am seeing…If you use two words or more(I am guessing…I have only used 2 so far), the system adds a -(dash) between the words.

13 Likes

Is there s list of suggested tags or we’ll have to come up with our own?

3 Likes

it seems u come up with yr own, as u can test when trying to edit a topic title; and I think the system will then save those tags for future use/suggestions also

4 Likes

Cool… I don’t know why I’m asking since I rarely make a new topic :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

Yes, that is correct. And you can add tags to an old thread by using the edit button.

4 Likes

it’s always good to learn new things, even if u don’t use it yourself, u might be able to assist someone else with it

9 Likes

really nice POV

6 Likes

no way to add chronie tag here :smiley:

got only few choices: games, free-games, switch (?)

3 Likes

Yes, you can. Just click on the + and type “chronie” in the search. then you add it… Sorry it’s Create…

5 Likes

:open_mouth: you are right on that.

3 Likes

Here’s a screen shot:

5 Likes

On the dark skin, the tags that show up at the top of the thread are barely legible because the text is dark.

The CSS to tweak/override is

.extra-info-wrapper .discourse-tag {
color:#333 !important;
}

Set it to a mid-grey like #9b9b9b or something, it’ll be readable without being distracting.

6 Likes

Should bring that to the attention of TPTB… @lonin, @frst

4 Likes

Somehow pinging them didn’t occur to me 8D

5 Likes

Thanks for pointing this out!

6 Likes

Does anyone else feel that the tags just makes the forum look cluttered?
It’s certainly a nice feature when there’s enough content of a large variety of stuff that you want to filter some stuff out. I don’t feel that is the case here, not by a long shot.

6 Likes

Yes.

Sounded like a good idea when someone first mentioned it, but now I’m not so sure :confused:

I would much rather have had just a few additional sub-categories (like the recently added giveaways).

Edit: It wouldn’t be so bad if the tags didn’t appear when browsing the list of topics and were only displayed on the actual posts, like here:

6 Likes

We’ll keep an eye on it, if in a couple weeks people still don’t like it we’ll drop em.

5 Likes

it seems that i don’t have all that power :smiley:
can only choose / delete suggested ones

3 Likes

Only a matter of time before someone with Regular permissions adds the “Mark of the Ninja” tag to every single thread.

6 Likes