Tagging Works

:rofl: Gee, I wonder who would do such a thing?

3 Likes

@DanosaurJr Hey, in fairness I’d do the same with Sleeping Dogs if it was up to me.

The problem: SquareEnix owns it. Gross.

3 Likes

Yeah same here

2 Likes

Even though I am the one who suggested to enable tagging, I must admit that they are a little bit distracting (in there current form).
Still, instead off hiding or even disabling tags, we should first try tweaking there style to make them less distracting.

How about simply removing the background?

discourse-tag.box {
    background-color: transparent;
}

5 Likes

I agree that looks better.

1 Like

How’s that?

6 Likes

thank you :smile:

almost perfect, but I just realized it is now conflicting with the dark theme header fix

grafik

we either have to remove the fix…

grafik grafik

…or change it to something brighter

grafik grafik

4 Likes

Much better :+1:

Great idea @User123698745

3 Likes

I’ve been using the dark theme since it was fixed but I can’t see anything changed with the tag background removed. What is it that seems to clash?

Oh no, nevermind. I see now. The tags are not visible due to the text being too dark on the thread header.

2 Likes

The tags in the post header are very hard too read, because they are so dark

grafik

5 Likes

@frst is on the case!

6 Likes

Modified the overrides to work w/ the new style :smiley: Let us know if you see anything wonky/

9 Likes

just passed last three minutes looking at the threads list…
if you ask me, tagging make chrono look old. and is not that useful :slight_smile:

3 Likes

After seeing the tags around for a few days, I get a sense that I am looking at a completely different page. Not that I need to be stuck in the old ways, but the tags system seem a bit superfluous at this time. We do not have too much activity and the search function works efficiently to look at anything that had been said in the past. The idea that anyone can apply any tag, and add new ones is nice, but may end up just jumbling things more going forward, and cause more confusion instead.

Agreed, I can’t say I like the way the forums look right now, the tags are making things look too busy, the general appearance is less pleasant than it used to be.

Agreed again, the general appearance and feel of the main page changed too much because of this.

I do use the darker setting, it seems to be easier on my eyes, and I think taking away the background was a good idea…

This general appearance is less intrusive than it had been with the backgrounds to the tags.

My overall thoughts revolve around the question of whether or not tagging is fundamentally necessary at this time and juncture for the forums. We do not have so much flow and activity that it is impossible to read everything that’s being posted. If we are like Twitter or Reddit then it would make sense. You would go naturally to where the tags you want to see lead you. You simply cannot read everything because there’s just way too much stuff. On the other hand, if we do become busier in the future, it would seem prudent to use this functionality. There may become a time when we will only go where certain topics/tags direct us, due to the volume of activity. I just do not see this as being now. I hope I am not treading on anybody’s toes here…

6 Likes

I don’t think that the forum is active enough to need tags at the moment. If I want to find something the search function is more than adequate on its own.

6 Likes

I completely agree with @YQMaoski and @xist . I wasn’t checking the forums too much recently, but when I saw it I was really surprised. It’s good that you guys did it as an option, but it’s not justified at all in this point of time. There aren’t much of forum categories yet, even. Someday might be useful (especially when it’s already done), but I think for now it’s better just to take it down :smiley: and don’t forget to keep up the good work!

4 Likes