【Steam Winter Sale 2020】

Ah yea exchange rates and that they don’t like region to region giving unless similar prices :confused:

5 Likes

put that game on “watch list” ex ITAD, then buy it when it’s on sale on a 3rd party store/elsewhere, then gift them “manually”/sending the code

8 Likes

But Christmas is in 2 days and I have been searching for over a month for these 2…:thinking:

8 Likes

I hate the exchange rate thing I was trying to buy @onLooSe dead cells back in the day and couldn’t do it through steam. So i did what @Gnuffi suggested and bought it through humble and just sent him the key. Its like come on valve i don’t care what the difference is just let me pay for it.

7 Likes

it is kinda weird they don’t “just” have an “add the currency difference” on top feature/function, specially if it’s western countries where often the difference isn’t huge, yet people are still restricted to gift to EU because of 0.1 cent under the limit

6 Likes

The game is ONLY on Steam. I can’t buy for the US or UK…Or the EU

I am working on someone buying them for me right now…LOL

8 Likes

i have one question

imagine i am going to buy a game for gift to other country

i have region restrictions? I live in Argentina

5 Likes

It depends on region you are going to buy for but probably yes. South America has lower prices than most other regions.

6 Likes

you can’t buy a game on Steam in a cheaper region than the region you are gifting to if the currency value difference is too big
^you also can’t gift a game at all if the publisher has set strict "no cross region"gifting on

ex even if a game is 60US$ it can sometimes not be possible for someone in USA to gift a game to EU because even if priced 1:1(60€) in their own ratio, the actual currency ratio can fluctuate/differ enough that 60US$ is considered “too cheap” for a EU friend

7 Likes

Doesnt’ Steam offer a currency option to add in what’s missing? I thought I saw it playing CS:GO a few days ago, when I was using the market. Is something like that not even made for the check out?

EDIT

Anyone check out The Isle, or The Survivalists? They look pretty fun, but those reviews. :rofl:

7 Likes

no sadly not,
even the market doesn’t work that way, it just lets you manually put in a value, but you can’t swap/account currency there either, have to rely on steam’s community market price auto set by their currency conversion

would be real handy tho if you could adjust your cart price “up” to account for region gifting to friends

5 Likes

Ohhh that’s what it does? Well dang, really stupid its not a feature.

5 Likes

specially since it seems like something that would just serve to make steam even more money :rofl:
would think they had :money_mouth_face: and jump on the feature asap :grin:

3 Likes

Is there some sort of fee they gotta pay to have a feature like that? Because otherwise, its just really stupid its not there.

4 Likes

What’s really stupid is. I have about 200 or more spare keys and I am willing to buy a few games on Steam for others and they just ignore me. I thought Steam was all about the money…

6 Likes

no idea,
with Valve i think it just boils down to one or two things, “didn’t think of it”, too “lazy”/the implementation would not be worth it “to them”
^speculating on the “not worth it” could the additional trickyness in adding and calculating VAT, tax and dev/publisher share. I’m sure there could be someway to simplify that calculation/process making the potential for 3 extra cents added not be “costly”, but it might just be too much effort for Valve :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

Another good sale where I’ve managed to buy some good games which I’d have, well, “set sail to find them around the seas” otherwise.

Don’t forget to get those Steam Award cards!

(Definitive Edition)

(Only base game)

(Base game + DLCs)

(Only base game)

9 Likes

excellent choice :ok_hand: :+1:

9 Likes

Hasta ahora solo he recibido regalos de países que no tengan mucha diferencia de precios, en mi caso recibí uno de alguien de peru y funciono sin problemas, pero no puedo recibir de argentina por su diferencias de precios, ya lo intente

Seems that u can only gift steam games if the prices are similar, use steamdb to seek for a game then see the differences between countries, but there’s something I don’t get it yet, these people that trades steam gift how they manage to get them?

6 Likes

Thanks. :+1:
I’ve been wanting to buy Grim Dawn for a while since I love these kind of roguelike games.
As for Hollow Knight I’ve had some doubts in buying it or not since I’ve seen people commenting how much hard the game is. But after seeing the trailers and screenshots in the Steam I was convinced to buy it due to it having some interesting content.

6 Likes