Steam Summer Sale 2021 (June 24-July 8, 2021)

Hi folks, the Steam summer sale is here, so inevitably, some of us will be buying new games and finding older games now on heavy discounts.

Share your finds here, from Steam and from other sources too!

But also, the event is pretty interesting this year, it’s a choose-your-adventure event with making your choices through these 14 genres and collecting free items throughout the sale. With a badge at the end based on your choices. There are 5 total:

Go here for the event:
https://store.steampowered.com/forgeyourfate

Screenshot

Getting through my adventures I am apparently a Gorilla Scientist, lol!

There’s also the discovery queue card drops, I believe it’s one card per day. Currently the servers are overwhelmed for me, and I cannot click through it. But remember to do it in your 24-hour windows each day to get the free cards!

Confirmed, 1 card per day by discovery queue, just remember to go click through it once a day!

16 Likes

Ah yes, it’s here. I’ll have to pass this one (and probably other sales) since I’m broke. It’s still worth for the cards and other stuff, though, and I’ll participate because of them.

7 Likes

Looks like this game finally came down to 1/2 price, probably been on the list for a lot of people…

https://store.steampowered.com/app/814380/Sekiro_Shadows_Die_Twice__GOTY_Edition/

I played it on my playstation, totally worth it.

For people looking to play the original two Baldur’s Gate games, this is a pretty good single-day sale from Fanatical, the Steam prices are comparable, this also has Icewind Dale in there too.

https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/beamdog-pack

7 Likes

So far this is what I’m looking for, maybe they’ll add more game I want, PayDay 1 wasn’t never been that low same with BG so yeah, instant grab and a couple of cheap games I had my eye on

7 Likes

So many good games on sale, wow. The last sale we got was kinda disappointing, glad this one isn’t. Hmm. I do have quite a bit of recycled material I’ve gathered from all of my walks, could probably pick up Scrap Mechanic (again) and see if it’s runnable. But will it be worth taking them to the recycle center or will SM still run like poopey? :thinking:

And damn, Frozenheim looks good but a $1 discount sale? lol it’s gonna be $18 after taxes anyhow, not much of a save. xD

5 Likes

i got the Paranormal Professor
your gorilla seems cooler
can i only get half of the stickers or do you get the same sticker for either of the choices?

5 Likes

As a microscopy enthusiast, this really spoke to me =) :microscope:

7 Likes

I am going to guess you can only get half of the stickers, since the choices/results differ…

5 Likes

You are…
The Paranormal Professor
Imagine if you looked in a microscope, and instead of an amoeba, you saw a ghost! It’s an idea too terrifying for most scientists. That’s why ghost science is so far behind the other sciences. Everyone’s too scared to make discoveries! That’s where you, the world’s first accredited ghost scholar, come in. You like science, but you’re also very brave.

A lot of us chrono pals think alike! :nerd_face:

5 Likes

Sounds good to me :grinning:

5 Likes

I did the Forget Your Fate thing and got this…

Gorilla Grodd would be proud. :monkey_face:

5 Likes

Nice to see Sekiro half price, but timing, got way too many other digital things to do/replace/get.

Will do the event as far as possible, as these things tend to be confusing to meow.

4 Likes

I am a gorilla also…I picked out stuff I would NEVER do and then some I would… :crazy_face:

Did I sleep through the spring one? I don’t remember it.

6 Likes

oh a monkey jejej

6 Likes

What @YQMaoski said. Don’t forget your DAILY CARD!!!

6 Likes

i miss the days steam give 3 cards for day ajjajaj nice times

8 Likes

And don’t forget to install Steam Database extension to help you get those cards from the queue - https://steamdb.info/extension/

6 Likes

Much purring. :heart:

@carvalho20ptc Cards from the queue?

6 Likes

yeah timing for me isn’t good either, close on my house next Thursday. So much to do before then with packing etc and then the actual move. Busy pretty much this whole Steam event :frowning:

6 Likes

@Danacscott Yes, you can get a card a day from exploring the discovery queue. The extension I linked helps with it.

5 Likes