Steam game count decreased recently? Find out why right HERE!!!

The intention here isn’t to make anyone eat their words…
Just to serve as info on to as some people may notice some games vanish from their profiles…

All good.

PS: Booster packs for banned games won’t drop, but you can still craft them, ofc.
You can check this on the “View my booster pack elegibility” link

1 Like

What? But someone was WRONG ON THE INTERNET!
Tar and feathers are the order of the day. Carve it into his flesh so that he may never forget the day he said something that was not wholly correct on the internet. His scalp is yours for the taking.

2 Likes

let me continue my foot in mouth streak:
given we still receive cards from removed games, (despite their entry is now removed from badge page prior), as evidenced by @onLooSe’s testing
and that i received (at least) 2 booster pack from Temper Tantrum after that game was removed
it could be plausible that we can still also receive random boosters from removed games despite their entry is removed form booster eligibility page

(tho i received 2 boosters from Temper Tantrum after removal i did not check if their entry was removed from eligibility page at that time, so steam might very well have changed the system since April. But given the removed entry, yet normal free cards still drop, i’d venture boosters are equally likely, despite removed entry)

1 Like

I just had a look and beast blaster is appearing on the badges page even though I haven’t played it yet and have no cards for it just like all the other games I haven’t played yet. And the other zonitron games I have played have been removed from the eligibility list.

I would not be surprised if you can no longer get random booster packs I’m gonna say 50-50

either way wouldn’t surprise me at this point tbh lol

We just have to wait and see guys… Steam is mysterious place to say the least :smiley: Let’s hope we get lucky soon to confirm what’s really going on ATM. I for sure didn’t expected to receive cards at this point, especially after such huge removal of 170+ “games” in total.

This reminds me I need to level up to increase my booster pack chances though :innocent:

And i want you guys to know that i’m very sad you didn’t like my clickbait extraordinaire skilletz.

Edit; Some background on what led to this.

You’re all sad for game count, I’m sad for this :cry: They added thousands of these before they gone. Why.

1 Like

Probably as gratitude for all the people who traded their cards left and right :smiley:

Not sure you mean gratitude or “gratitude”. The problem is that these achievements can’t be unlocked, a.k.a broken. I’m really curious the story behind this.

I think they are just bad at coding achievements, when rage parking simulator was free on indiegala it only had the normal 20 or whatever achievements, then a week later they added 200 stupid ones that were broken, took them a couple weeks to get around to fixing it.

And now the dev is no longer on steam they can’t fix it so it’s permanently broken.

1 Like

There is another theory that this is Valve’s fault, these achievements were never published, but then suddenly right at the time all the games were removed, they showed up. Must be an error while Valve removing those games. Sure that Zonitron (or Silicon Echo, or whatever their name is, I heard they have dozen of clone dev accounts all over Steam) made those achievements, but they just never had a chance to publish them. Now they’re banned and can’t do anything about it.

1 Like

The whole achievement locking thing is most likely because it became a selling point for a bunch of those 99 cent asset flips.

The latest examples featured something like 5000 + “cheevos” wich was becoming ridiculous, especially when you looked at the “upcoming” tab on the steam store…
Wich, even if they were removed from the store, people would still get them on giveaways etc, just to farm the cheevos.

It’s probably not retroactive to users accounts, but some of those fake games achievements pages are getting disabled, stopping people from completing them. Because the game isn’t connected to the steam API anymore.

It’s not very clear if it affects total cheevo count.

Not sure now Valve changed it or not, but before this, we still can get achievements from removed game. Yeah I got your point about the selling point, even when there are few more giveaways, they will be stopped very soon, because 2 reasons:

1. Developer can’t generate keys for removed game.
  2. Developer with mass giveaways usually get money from trading cards, but clearly now they can’t be marketable, almost no profit for them anymore.
    The problem is that these achievements were never published, now suddenly they showed, and they affect Average Game Completion rate. That would be nothing if we still can get those new achievements, but no, we can’t. This is very disappointed for everyone that finished those game before and want few perfect games that they 100% cheevos.
2 Likes

http://www.caiminds.com/news/silicon-echo-studios-responds-valves-removal-games/

3 Likes

Well, the only information we have been given is that our games were consistently at the top of user reported titles primarily for practices that are deceptive to the customers. This did not fully explain the reason for complete account and business termination

yes, yes it does… But, even then, you idiots uploaded, multiple instances of the same game, that alone would be enough too.

“Silicon Echo is an account completely separated from Zonitron Productions even though it is connected in some ways

their own fcn words! :joy_cat: lol, if you are "connected"m in any way… then you are not completely separate, ya dumbass

and the reason why we continued to create small games is to found our first bigger game and this dream game was supposed to be The Herbologist

because all devs know the way you go about funding your “main project”, is dump a ton of direct asset flips, add expenses on fees for doing so, questionable quality that might not be likely to recoup their own costs from direct purchases(so only by “other” means).

been buying fees on daily basis, but the moment we stopped buying them and had about 40 or them unused,

holy hell they had another 40 just lying in wait, ahahahah,
serious, what “legit” dev would ever buy that many fees, and in bulk, when most devs don’t even get to release that many games (for fees these guys have left), in their entire lifetime

i swear this response is comedy gold reading through

i really really hope these jackasses are so disconnected from reality that they mean everything stated completely, rofl

(PS, wait, you changed the cat emoji chrono?? what gives :confused:, it’s now less furry, fluffy and cuddly )

4 Likes

How about we all get together and trade our cards for these games to either complete these sets or other sets, and thus eliminate these dead cards? I’d love to either complete or eliminate some of the Goo game sets (or the other Zonitron games) so that I can be rid of the games after that point.

2 Likes

That sounds like a great idea.
Make a dedicated trade thread for it. I don’t have any of these games myself so no cards to trade. But by the sounds of it a fair few of you guys do.

Good riddance. I’m glad those games and devs finally got taken down. :bow_and_arrow:

1 Like

y i could swear my games owned total went down a bit about a week ago