Back to Today's Deal

Steam Friends?

Let me try:

https://steamcommunity.com/id/acb2341

EDIT:
Nope!

None of them do, the link is written the same for all the profiles, discourse adds that bit on its end, helps with character limit

Edit: checking on the others, NinjaHellCat does have that bit and makes no diference

Discourse being weird, per usual
Or maybe it doesn’t like silly goose.

guessing steam don’t display private profiles anymore ?/the changes making them not get “oneboxed” then ? :thinking: :man_shrugging:

Ah! It’s @Gnuffi to the rescue!

Fixing his alts

That’s what I thought but setting my profile to private did nothing, it still shows as a box, and I’m sure some of the people up there do have their profiles on private too.

changing it after likely doesn’t affect the link when made/immediately
i tried the same with some of the borked steam links on the forum/discourse system
one moment broken, then worked, then broken again, then link that was previously broken got working again like because it had worked it was “saved” in the system when “new” broken links posted remained borked
-i have no clue whats going on with the discourse format (or steam), just merely a guess, (and with the glance that it doesn’t look like anyone else up there have a fully private profile either) :thinking: :man_shrugging:

I just went through the entire list, his profile is the only one that’s private, so I’ll take that as the reason.

Ok cool i will try making mine public then

there we go that fixed it
@Inferry

We could try to at lease do the OneBox thing and see if it will work after…

Who knows?

EDIT:
Eh, I posted a second too late… :rofl: It works! Yay!

@Gnuffi did it again!

“come out into the light my alts” :crazy_face:

:smile:

Phew. Glad that’s resolved :relieved:

I’m kind of OCD with stuff like this and seeing @acb234’s profile not in a proper box like the rest was really bothering me. At least I can sleep easy now.

Goodnight all.

I blame server caching from not letting me see this before :unamused:, thanks for the help.

@acb234 BTW, is up to you if you decide to leave your profile as public, I mean, people have their reasons to keep it private, so I’m OK with it.

@DanosaurJr Buenas noches :blush:, for a moment there I thought the cat had eaten your tongue.

lol, i just tossed out a guess :rofl:, nothing more, :blush:
not like i bonked the steam/discourse servers with a spanner or anything :smile:

:hugs:

Ah no i would rather my profile public It became private due to the steam update that made that default/

(PS. I would never make it sound like i’m trying to persuade/influence anyone of you to set your profile public against your own wishes, your privacy and comfort is paramount, -oneboxing be damned. Especially since can still add as friend regardless of how link is viewed/displayed on forum) :+1:

Sometimes you just need someone to make you think things twice.

Thanks for the add @konguo